Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD Casting News
Topic Started: Feb 15 2013, 12:03 PM (2,441 Views)
WillFan
Member Avatar

Looks like somebody might be going to court on DAYS OF OUR LIVES this summer. The NBC soap is casting a character named Melinda Trask, who is a special prosecutor, described as tough, intelligent and confident. DAYS is seeking an experienced African American or Asian actress in the 35 to 50 year old range for the recurring role that will start taping in early March.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/days-casting-new-role-1
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cord08

Are they going to charge Gabi for the kidnapping mess?

Whatever happened to that casting call for "David?"

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Well, considering the typical lead time from tape to air, this would probably end up on screen in June. Which is directly after May sweeps (which is what they're taping now). Since they're currently taping what has been assumed is a wedding, I wonder if there is some correlation.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 15 2013, 12:23 PM
Well, considering the typical lead time from tape to air, this would probably end up on screen in June. Which is directly after May sweeps (which is what they're taping now). Since they're currently taping what has been assumed is a wedding, I wonder if there is some correlation.
DAYS is about to have another one of their awesome wedding interruptus. DAYS does this better than anyone, even when the show as being written badly. I wonder if someone is getting hurt at this wedding or if someone is going to get arrested before the wedding can happen. Either way they are pretty solid at nailing this and it always pops the ratings. Smart move.

Is it bad that the fact that they are casting an Asian or AA makes me feel like its going to be a "good guy" getting arrested and the prosecutor is going to be a hard ass?

am103
Member Avatar

Can we get Tamara Tunie back for this? I would be SO happy!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

cord08
Feb 15 2013, 12:20 PM

Sounds more to me like Will is going be arrested. Would be good timing since Gabi will have just had the baby.

Will&Sonny

LanaluvsBroe
Feb 15 2013, 01:10 PM
cord08

Sounds more to me like Will is going be arrested. Would be good timing since Gabi will have just had the baby.
I'd go with Gabi (most likely) or Nick (less likely, but highly possible) over Will, and not just because of my bias toward Will. I just don't see Will getting arrested for shooting E.J., considering the lengths that E.J. would presumably go to in order to stay in Sami's pants -- I mean, protect Will for completely selfless and noble reasons because E.J.'s a changed and decent person now -- nor do I see Will doing anything new that would cause him to get arrested.

Or...considering Drake Hogestyn's recent tweet about being unable to rationalize John's choices, perhaps John does something criminal.

Remember, we also had spoilers from Jason about a casting call for a gun dealer who would be airing in April. It might be unrelated, but perhaps not.

Harmony233

Will&Sonny
Feb 15 2013, 06:29 PM
LanaluvsBroe
cord08

I'd go with Gabi (most likely) or Nick (less likely, but highly possible) over Will, and not just because of my bias toward Will. I just don't see Will getting arrested for shooting E.J., considering the lengths that E.J. would presumably go to in order to stay in Sami's pants -- I mean, protect Will for completely selfless and noble reasons because E.J.'s a changed and decent person now -- nor do I see Will doing anything new that would cause him to get arrested.

Or...considering Drake Hogestyn's recent tweet about being unable to rationalize John's choices, perhaps John does something criminal.

Remember, we also had spoilers from Jason about a casting call for a gun dealer who would be airing in April. It might be unrelated, but perhaps not.
I dont think its Will but if the DA decided to open up the case there would be nothing EJ could do and I'd think that Luca would be in just as much trouble as will

Will&Sonny

Harmony233
Feb 15 2013, 06:33 PM
Will&Sonny
LanaluvsBroe
cord08

I dont think its Will but if the DA decided to open up the case there would be nothing EJ could do and I'd think that Luca would be in just as much trouble as will
E.J.'s a DiMera. There's always something that he can do to prevent someone from pursuing a case.

zyona

Will&Sonny
Feb 15 2013, 06:37 PM
Harmony233
Feb 15 2013, 06:33 PM
Will&Sonny
LanaluvsBroe

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I dont think its Will but if the DA decided to open up the case there would be nothing EJ could do and I'd think that Luca would
be in just as much trouble as will
E.J.'s a DiMera. There's always something that he can do to prevent someone from pursuing a case.
I don't think they will try to arrest Will knowing that their evidence was obtained illegally.
Edited by zyona, Feb 15 2013, 06:42 PM.

bomber
Member Avatar

I think a specil prosecutor is only for cases involving people who hold public office although I might be wrong. so I'm thinking probably E.J. or maybe Abe? Shame it can't be for doctors who abuse their position to prey on patients but that's just wishful thinking.

Lady Evol

bomber
Feb 16 2013, 12:53 AM
I think a specil prosecutor is only for cases involving people who hold public office although I might be wrong. so I'm thinking probably E.J. or maybe Abe? Shame it can't be for doctors who abuse their position to prey on patients but that's just wishful thinking.
This is true... But do we know that the writers know what a special prosecutor is?

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

special prosecutor NOUN

(in the US) a special official who can be appointed by the US Attorney General to investigate illegal activities by politicians and government officials. In 1973, Congress began to consider the impeachment of President Nixon after he ordered the Attorney General to dismiss the special prosecutor for Watergate. In 1998 the special prosecutor Kenneth Starr published the results of his investigation into the relationship between President Clinton and the junior member of the White House staff, Monica Lewinsky, which led to the Presidentís impeachment.

SPECIAL PROSECUTORS
SPECIAL PROSECUTORS, also known as independent counsels, are typically appointed to investigate and prosecute high-profile cases where the ordinary criminal justice machinery cannot be trusted to produce fair results. State and local governments occasionally use special prosecutors. However, throughout American history the most noteworthy special prosecutors have been those appointed to stand in the shoes of the U.S. attorney general, investigating the president or some other high-level executive branch official. In most cases, such an appointment is triggered by a perceived conflict of interest within the Justice Department.

A special prosecutor generally is a lawyer from outside the government appointed by an attorney general or, in the United States, by Congress to investigate a government official for misconduct while in office. A reasoning for such an appointment is that the governmental branch or agency may have political connections to those it might be asked to investigate. Inherently, this creates a conflict of interest and a solution is to have someone from outside the department lead the investigation. The term "special prosecutor" may have a variety of meanings from one country to the next, from one government branch to the next within the same country, and within different agencies within each government branch. Critics of the use of special prosecutors argue that these investigators act as a "4th branch" to the government because they are not subject to limitations in spending or have deadlines to meet.

Federal government
Attorneys in the United States may be appointed/hired particularly or employed generally by different branches of the government to investigate. When appointed/hired particularly by the Judicial Branch to investigate and, if justified, seek indictments in a particular judicial branch case, the attorney is called special prosecutor.[1] When appointed/hired particularly by a governmental branch or agency to investigate alleged misconduct within that branch or agency, the attorney is called independent counsel. [2] When employed by the state or political subdivision to assist in a particular Judicial Branch case when the public interest so requires, the attorney is called special counsel.[2]
On January 3, 1983, the United States federal government substituted the term independent counsel for special prosecutor.[3] Archibald Cox was one of the most notable special prosecutors. However, special prosecutor Archibald Cox today would be called independent counsel Archibald Cox in the United States.
The term is sometimes used as a synonym for Independent Counsel, but under the former law authorizing the Independent Counsel, the appointment was made by a special panel of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. The Independent Counsels law expired in 1999, and was effectively replaced by Department of Justice regulation 28 CFR Part 600, under which Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald was appointed to look into the Plame affair.

State government
Special prosecutors may also be used in a state prosecution case when the prosecutor for the local jurisdiction has a conflict of interest in a case or otherwise may desire another attorney handle a case.
Edited by johnwalterseip, Feb 16 2013, 01:29 AM.

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

I wonder if Gabi is tried since she didnt stop Andrew & his actions caused an explosion that resulted in multiple deaths

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

It will be complete bullshit if Gabi or Will does any jail time. I do not want either of them serving time for mistakes of youth while Days shoves EJ and Sami down my throat (two people who have both attempted murder and committed kidnapping amongst other various crimes) as a love story.

I hope it is not either, I want the two of them to work out a custody agreement. Why should Will and Gabi go to jail? Send Sami! Have her wedding that she actually wants now to be interrupted with the truth about what she did to EJ THEN have John Black finally reveal that EJ shot him in the back and kidnapped Sydney and didn't do a day in prison while Nicole did. Haul their smug asses to jail instead saying Bon Voyage for an expensive European honeymoon. THAT would be justice.

Nick is a hateful character, I am growing weary of his homophobia and hope that he does not do something to hurt Will or Gabi. Life is too hard to see this kind of thing play out on a soap, realism is one thing but let's not overdo it.
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 16 2013, 01:58 AM.

WillFan
Member Avatar

What is the special prosecutor is after Rafe for covering up Gabi's crimes?

Pookie
Member Avatar

WillFan
Feb 16 2013, 02:13 AM
I think you might be onto something there. IF it's Gabi's crimes, then they would have to bring in a special prosecutor since people like Hope and Rafe are too connected to Gabi for them to be unbiased. The same would apply to Nick.
Edited by Pookie, Feb 16 2013, 03:21 PM.

Lady Evol

Pookie
Feb 16 2013, 03:18 PM
WillFan
Feb 16 2013, 02:13 AM
I think you might be onto something there. IF it's Gabi's crimes, then they would have to bring in a special prosecutor since people like Hope and Rafe are too connected to Gabi for them to be unbiased. The same would apply to Nick.
Hope and Rafe are police officers, not prosecutors. They didn't even bring a special prosecutor in for Hope when she went nuts. Actually, in Salem no crimes could be prosecuted normally if they needed to bring in a special prosecutor every time a cop has a conflict of interest.

The only people I can think of who would legitimately need an SP are Chad (isn't his ex-dad the da or something?) and Abe/EJ- but those 2 are former officials so idk...

It's more likely that this'll just be a regular prosecutor who thinks she's special... ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply