Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview (2/18/13)
Topic Started: Feb 16 2013, 12:20 AM (3,772 Views)
LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I don't mind the baby story but I'm sick of Sami.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cathalina

JessicaLeigh
Feb 16 2013, 12:02 PM
gailwinters
Feb 16 2013, 10:05 AM
I LOVE Sami's eye roll.....it's exactly what I would expect from her, AND it's entirely warranted, IMO.
I'd think it were warranted if Gabi were faking but she actually is going to go into early labor, and that's nothing for anyone to roll their eyes about. Sami supposedly cares so much about her precious grandchild, but not enough to stop herself from regularly making hysterical, over-the-top, often vicious scenes in front of and directed at said grandchild's mother. She needs to get a life. Gabi's worried and preoccupied right now with the thought of her losing her baby precisely because people like Sami have been so intimidating, but she's not actually doing any scheming against Sami of her own.
Amen! Apparently Sami needs to learn that not every woman in Salem was gifted with her apparently magical uterus that makes them immune to stress and allows them to become pregnant by different fathers. Yeesh!

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 16 2013, 01:03 PM
JessicaLeigh
gailwinters
I LOVE Sami's eye roll.....it's exactly what I would expect from her, AND it's entirely warranted, IMO.
I'd think it were warranted if Gabi were faking but she actually is going to go into early labor, and that's nothing for anyone to roll their eyes about. Sami supposedly cares so much about her precious grandchild, but not enough to stop herself from regularly making hysterical, over-the-top, often vicious scenes in front of and directed at said grandchild's mother. She needs to get a life. Gabi's worried and preoccupied right now with the thought of her losing her baby precisely because people like Sami have been so intimidating, but she's not actually doing any scheming against Sami of her own.
Amen! Apparently Sami needs to learn that not every woman in Salem was gifted with her apparently magical uterus that makes them immune to stress and allows them to become pregnant by different fathers. Yeesh!
Gabi's real stress stems from the fact that she has a huge secret that she is afraid will come out. That's on her, not Sami.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 16 2013, 01:15 PM
Cathalina
JessicaLeigh
gailwinters
Gabi's real stress stems from the fact that she has a huge secret that she is afraid will come out. That's on her, not Sami.
She also has a boyfriend who, while nice on the surface, is a controlling homophobe who is plotting against the father of her baby. That will add to one's stress level.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Sami's eyeroll & Will shaking his head is everything to me in this preview, lol!

jaygal
Member Avatar

Sami is an idiot. I feel Wills pain, having her as a mother must be tiresome.
She's lucky. If this was Eastenders someone would have "sorted her out" a couple weeks back.

Cathalina

gailwinters
Cathalina
JessicaLeigh
gailwinters
While that may be true something tells me its the harpy shrieking in her face every time she turns around that's mainly the problem at this point.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 16 2013, 03:47 PM
gailwinters
Cathalina
JessicaLeigh

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
While that may be true something tells me its the harpy shrieking in her face every time she turns around that's mainly the problem at this point.
Yes. I don't doubt that Gabi is afraid of her secret coming out, but that in no way cancels out the damage Sami is doing. Nor do Gabi's misdeeds inoculate Sami from criticism. There is no way Sami's behavior can be excused in my eyes, and that's not just because I happen to not like Sami. If Nicole, Chloe, Kate or any of the female characters I actually like - let alone male characters - were regularly shouting at and threatening a pregnant woman in this way it'd be just as off-putting.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

mer4santo
Feb 16 2013, 01:03 AM
Sami's expression is priceless when Gabi reacts....it's exactly how I felt.
LOL its the most perfect look ever to some of the most horrendous acting job i have seen yet from CB!

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

JessicaLeigh
gailwinters

I agree JessicaLeigh. Good post. I thought the eyeroll made Sami look like the unfeeling sicko she is, and I do not find her a joy to watch. Then, they stick that gawd awful bun on her head? WTF! Please. She is 100% out of line here. She is harassing a young pregnant woman and regardless of the acting skills she looks like a sociopath doing it.

If you don't care about Gabi, well okay, but do we as viewers have to watched this spoiled debutante brutalize everyone every show? I will stop watching again
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 16 2013, 09:26 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

One of these days, Sami's eyes are going to be permanently stuck in that position. What a sweet day that will be....Surely there must be another expression in that repertoire somewhere.........

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Mirage75
Feb 16 2013, 12:24 PM

I swear Sami makes me wanna kick her in the throat. UGH!!! Can't stand her!!!

Tina227

JessicaLeigh
Feb 16 2013, 05:36 PM
Cathalina
gailwinters
Cathalina

Yes. I don't doubt that Gabi is afraid of her secret coming out, but that in no way cancels out the damage Sami is doing. Nor do Gabi's misdeeds inoculate Sami from criticism. There is no way Sami's behavior can be excused in my eyes, and that's not just because I happen to not like Sami. If Nicole, Chloe, Kate or any of the female characters I actually like - let alone male characters - were regularly shouting at and threatening a pregnant woman in this way it'd be just as off-putting.
Let me get this strait so when Smai was pregnant, and she had the stress of a fued, SOmeone trying to harvest stem cells from her baby's, and her family nagging her all of the time it was ok? WHen she had a crazy hitman after her it was ok? Sami has only lashed out at Gabie twice, and next week will be the third time. If you ask me Rafe, and Nick are the one's adding oil to the flames. After the wedding why did Sami go after Gabie? Because she found out that they were going to have a quick wedding at the court house. Gabie was going to go along with it until Rafe told her not to. Be honest if someone did a move like that to your child, or someone you love with a temper like Sami would you not want to go off on that person first just by going on your emotions? Then she said she was sorry after she found out about them letting will be a part of the sonagram.

Rafe is the one that went off about WIll being a part of the baby's life. Sami tried to say she was sorry again, and that as long as Gabie allowed Will to have rights to his child there wouldn't be a problem. So what does Rafe say ? I'm sure that Gabie will "let" Will see the baby. That is what set Sami off, because she said that she was talking about Gabie and Will having equal rights to the baby.

Now what does Rafe say? I'm not going to let you try to make this child a prize to be won. Where the heck did that come from? How the heck do you get that from her saying both parents should have joint custody. So what does Rafe do he runs right to Gabie to tell her Sami is tyring to take the baby away from her. Wow Rafe you just keep adding more and more stress to your sister.

To top it off Sami is going off again because she thinks Gabie is trying to stall and not take the test. My guess is it has something to do with what Julie says to her. No matter what Gabie claims she would do everything that Sami said she would do in a heart beat. The way that she talked to Sonny about having a bond with Will that he would never have proves it. Chad, Sonny, EJ, and Smai all see her for who and what she really is, and the rest of the town will see it too when her lies are exposed. WHen that day comes I will be glues to my t.v. :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: and :cheer:

nanasmiles

Sami is not worried that Will isn't the father of Gabi's baby. Sami is wanting his paternity SET in the testing STONE before Gabi is married to Nick so there is no question that even though the baby is born within the bounds of marriage, the baby is STILL WILL'S CHILD. If the paternity is proven before she marries Nick, Will is still considered the father with ALL the father's rights and responsibilities. That is what Sami is trying to get done. I don't blame her for it at all. She was willing to leave well enough alone as long as they were willing to let Will be a father to his child. She only jumped back into the fray when Gabi and Nick were going to sneak off to the courthouse and get married. She rightfully thought they were about to knock Will out of being with his child.

Cathalina

JessicaLeigh
Cathalina
gailwinters
Cathalina

Yes! Whatever Gabi has done, she is pregnant with a grandchild that Sami claims she wants to see. How about backing off idiot and letting the kid see daylight? Whatever Sami went through in her pregnancies does not make her justified in brutalizing another pregnant woman. If anything, it should make her catch a clue. I think that eyeroll is more about Sami remembering what terrible things she did when she had children and wanted to get her way (lying about Will's paternity, claiming Lucas abused Will, lying to EJ about Grace, etc) and projecting that on to Gabi. Still not an excuse.

What I find amusing is that Gabi is getting trashed, but for what? Wanting to get married? She knows Sonny doesn't like her, and yet she was supportive of Will's love for him. She even whitewashed Sami to Rafe to try to calm the waters between them. Would Sami do that? I don't think so.

Tina227

Cathalina
Feb 16 2013, 11:52 PM
JessicaLeigh
Cathalina
gailwinters

Yes! Whatever Gabi has done, she is pregnant with a grandchild that Sami claims she wants to see. How about backing off idiot and letting the kid see daylight? Whatever Sami went through in her pregnancies does not make her justified in brutalizing another pregnant woman. If anything, it should make her catch a clue. I think that eyeroll is more about Sami remembering what terrible things she did when she had children and wanted to get her way (lying about Will's paternity, claiming Lucas abused Will, lying to EJ about Grace, etc) and projecting that on to Gabi. Still not an excuse.

What I find amusing is that Gabi is getting trashed, but for what? Wanting to get married? She knows Sonny doesn't like her, and yet she was supportive of Will's love for him. She even whitewashed Sami to Rafe to try to calm the waters between them. Would Sami do that? I don't think so.
Why does Sonny not like her? because he knows she is partly responsible for what happend to Melanie, and the rest of the town. That she played a part in his uncles death, and the death of his cousin's fiance. Lets be honest if it comes down to what Gabie wants and what Will wants Gabie will choose herself in a heart beat. Sami was going to sit back and let things go until she saw the crap that they were trying to pull behind Will's back. Look at the facts she didn't do anything until they did something first. Gabie wants Nick to be a father to her child, and Will doesn't see what Gabie, and Nick are capable of like everyone else. HE has on the rose color glasses that Sami had on for Rafe. Sami is afraid that the will figure it out too late. How long are they supposed to wait until after she has the baby when it will be too late? The baby will be here in a few months so yes she is tyring to help her son.

Cathalina

I didn't say Sonny did not have reasons to dislike Gabi. What I am saying is that if Gabi were truky a mercinary shrew then she would want to keep Will and Sonny divided. She's encouraging Will to pursue Sonny, so doesn't exactly fit in with the whole Gabi does what's good for Gabi.
As far as leaving things alone, Sami threw out the unfit mother allegation pretty quick. She wasn't leaving anything alone except whatever little common sense she possesses. She has made her ideas pretty clear, and they were far from amicable.

ceejay

I'm sure Sami will be very happy with herself when Gabi is rushed to the hospital and perhaps the baby suffers while still in her mother's womb! Bitchface Sami has no morals, and could care less about the baby, her grandhcild...we all know she's a "me me me" person!

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I guess Sami has forgotten that she did exactly what Gabi is doing. Both are so annoying!

Will&Sonny

Cathalina
Feb 17 2013, 05:09 PM
[Gabi's] encouraging Will to pursue Sonny, so doesn't exactly fit in with the whole Gabi does what's good for Gabi.
No, she's not. When Will told Gabi that he believed that Sonny wanted to get back together on Thursday's episode, she was visibly shaken and went running to Nick because she was worried that Sonny would reveal her secret. What she says to Will's face isn't nearly as important as what she does behind Will's back, and her actions behind his back are making it clear that she's only looking out for herself.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply