Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for February 4th-8th
Topic Started: Feb 18 2013, 02:56 AM (4,095 Views)
EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Day-To-Day Ratings HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.8/3,919,000
Tuesday: 2.6/3,560,000
Wednesday: 2.5/3,425,000
Thursday: 2.7/3,598,000
Friday: 2.5/3,439,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.92,598,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,551,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,480,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,715,000
Friday: 1.9/2,517,000

GH
Monday: 2.3/3,132,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,768,000
Wednesday: 2.0/2,628,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,811,000
Friday: 2.1/2,752,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.7/5,192,000
Tuesday: 3.4/4,553,000
Wednesday: 3.3/4,468,000
Thursday: 3.6/4,878,000
Friday: 3.5/4,726,000

Households
1. Y&R 3.6
2. B&B 2.6
3. GH 2.3
4. DAYS 2.0

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4
2. GH 1.2
3. B&B 1.1
4. DAYS 1.0

SON
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Feb 18 2013, 02:56 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jair

Unbelievable results for B&B ... but maybe I'm the one who is strange because even tough writers have started to write stories for mor character, those stories are pretty boring and bad written ... but probably it's me

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

wow, Days is still in last place. I don't care if they are getting a 1.9 and a 2.0 they still can't get out of last gear. Says a LOT to me.

BlueEyes28
Member Avatar

So happy for Y&R. :cheer: I'm really Loving the show right now. :smile:

lysie
Member Avatar

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 4,764,000 (+66,000/+9,000)
2. B&B 3,588,000 (+51,000/+238,000)
3. GH 2,818,000 (-29,000/+625,000)
4. DAYS 2,572,000 (-52,000/+111,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.5/11 (same/same)
2. B&B 2.6/8 (same/+.1)
3. GH 2.1/6 (same/+.5)
4. DAYS 1.9/6 (-.1/+.1)

lysie
Member Avatar

Based on the dailies, I would have thought Days' drop was more significant.

Jair

I'm not worried for the last place for DOOL. The results keep to be up from the last year and NBC always had less rating in these last years than CBS or ABC

LonePirate
Member Avatar

It's interesting how the EJ/Sami sex did not increase Monday's rating for Days.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

LonePirate
Feb 18 2013, 08:46 AM
And Mondays are normally Days highest rating day. Proves trending does nothing. I agree with Lysie based on the dailies I thought Days would have dropped more. I'm just glad that on the days that lucas was on the show hit a 2.0...last week too. Hey Days write for lucas will ya?

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 18 2013, 08:53 AM
LonePirate
And Mondays are normally Days highest rating day. Proves trending does nothing. I agree with Lysie based on the dailies I thought Days would have dropped more. I'm just glad that on the days that lucas was on the show hit a 2.0...last week too. Hey Days write for lucas will ya?
They actually did go up a little bit in total from Friday to Monday.

Bee
Member Avatar

Wow! All hail Steve Burton! You can't tell me his joining Y&R isn't a major contributing factor to it's super strength in the ratings.

All of the soaps are doing better than last year. I'm so glad!

I think DOOL's biggest problem is consistency. One scene will be awesome and then the next will bring the episode to a grinding halt. I always end up feeling so jerked around by the end of an epi. It's so hit or miss. Every storyline needs to be good to keep an audience engaged and watching every day - not just one or two. That's where GH, BB, and Y&R are kicking their ass.

Vicky4Mimi

LuvingLumi
LonePirate
I KNOW! I love that Lucas always seems to be connected to their highest days. Seriously, write for him!!!

Also I had to giggle that the day Safe was fighting was much more of draw then Ej and Sami being gross (Mon). Love it.

I know no couple makes or breaks the ratings--but it's sure interesting to see who's on and what's going on the best rated days. I know that I personally base MY viewing on who's on that day and I'm sure others do the same. BTW, I use to never miss, no matter who's on and I would set up every DVR we have and let them run to help with ratings. Those days are gone.

Being in last place is not good--even if it "doesn't matter here" as some say here. If you care it does matter. I don't mind them being in last right now because they deserve it. If they write for Lucas, then they might deserve a little higher!

Vicky4Mimi

Bee
Feb 18 2013, 09:13 AM
Wow! All hail Steve Burton! You can't tell me his joining Y&R isn't a major contributing factor to it's super strength in the ratings.

All of the soaps are doing better than last year. I'm so glad!

I think DOOL's biggest problem is consistency. One scene will be awesome and then the next will bring the episode to a grinding halt. I always end up feeling so jerked around by the end of an epi. It's so hit or miss. Every storyline needs to be good to keep an audience engaged and watching every day - not just one or two. That's where GH, BB, and Y&R are kicking their ass.
I don't care about Y&R BUT it was genius to bring in Steve Burton. Why on earth can't DAYS think of something like that????? My goodness if we had Steve, he could turn every woman in Salem's life on it's ear! He and GG could go head to head and OMG the stories that could come out of that (if we had real writers).....WOW.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Feb 18 2013, 09:10 AM
LuvingLumi
LonePirate
They actually did go up a little bit in total from Friday to Monday.
From the Friday before yes...but when the Friday before scored a 1.8, you'd hope that the Monday following was higher...and it was slightly. What I meant that historically Mondays get the highest ratings for the week for Days....and Fridays they get the lowest...this particular week didn't see the Monday have the highest....it was Thursday for some reason.

I just don't think Days is going to do very well this February sweeps if the full first week of February they have these numbers, with such heavy promotion of what was happening this week, what can we expect for the rest of the month? In retrospect, they should have waited for the Wabi reveal for this week, and had Ejami boinking back in mid Jan. The Wabi baby reveal did great for Days with them hitting nothing below a 2.0 for that week.

The ratings for the Wabi baby reveal:

4. DAYS 2,774,000 (+209,000/+246,000) *
* New high for GT/CW regime
* Highest since January 31-February 4, 2011

and the three weeks since:
4. DAYS 2,733,000 (-41,000/+194,000)

4. DAYS 2,624,000 (-109,000/+245,000)

4. DAYS 2,572,000 (-52,000/+111,000)

For the life of me why didn't they break the Wabi reveal the first week of sweeps? Weird.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Vicky4Mimi
Feb 18 2013, 09:42 AM
LuvingLumi
LonePirate
I KNOW! I love that Lucas always seems to be connected to their highest days. Seriously, write for him!!!

Also I had to giggle that the day Safe was fighting was much more of draw then Ej and Sami being gross (Mon). Love it.

I know no couple makes or breaks the ratings--but it's sure interesting to see who's on and what's going on the best rated days. I know that I personally base MY viewing on who's on that day and I'm sure others do the same. BTW, I use to never miss, no matter who's on and I would set up every DVR we have and let them run to help with ratings. Those days are gone.

Being in last place is not good--even if it "doesn't matter here" as some say here. If you care it does matter. I don't mind them being in last right now because they deserve it. If they write for Lucas, then they might deserve a little higher!
I don't look at last place anymore as an indicator of anything, because there are only 4 soaps left and guess what position Days has always held the last 3 or 4 years....either 3rd or 4th...they have only been able to hit position #2 once in the last few years....and it was during the Melanie/Philip wedding, also a major reveal event....which leads to my argument that they should have had the Wabi reveal now instead of in mid January...I look at trends of loses now more than anything and Days has started to lose again...three weeks in a row, in those three weeks they are down 200K...that is exactly what occurred in 2010 and by May of that year they had lost about 700K viewers.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
The day that Safe had their big fight was actually Wednesday, the day with the lowest number of viewers.

I noticed that all of the shows had a drop off in viewers from Monday to Tuesday, although DAYS fared better than the others. Y&R dropped over 12%, GH dropped over 10%, B&B over 9%, DAYS dropped less than 2%.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Totally forgot this was also the week that Frisco returned on that Monday....GH ROCKED, with over 3 Million viewers on that day....the #friscoisback hashtag was trending that day too....I find that very, very interesting....

GH

Vicky4Mimi

LuvingLumi
Feb 18 2013, 10:18 AM
Totally forgot this was also the week that Frisco returned on that Monday....GH ROCKED, with over 3 Million viewers on that day....the #friscoisback hashtag was trending that day too....I find that very, very interesting....

GH
I KNOW! haha

And it appears from your other reseach that Ej/Sami are not even as popular as Nick and Gabi? hmmmm interesting. :shrug:

Vicky4Mimi

gailwinters
Feb 18 2013, 10:06 AM
Vicky4Mimi
The day that Safe had their big fight was actually Wednesday, the day with the lowest number of viewers.

I noticed that all of the shows had a drop off in viewers from Monday to Tuesday, although DAYS fared better than the others. Y&R dropped over 12%, GH dropped over 10%, B&B over 9%, DAYS dropped less than 2%.
A loss is a loss...

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

What about the demos??

Isn't that what tptb are interested in?

I think those are still up.

I think the show is better overall & the ratings will continue to reflect that.

Looks like they're holding steady.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply