Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for February 4th-8th
Topic Started: Feb 18 2013, 02:56 AM (4,057 Views)
Vicky4Mimi

gailwinters
Feb 18 2013, 10:06 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Feb 18 2013, 09:42 AM
Also I had to giggle that the day Safe was fighting was much more of draw then Ej and Sami being gross (Mon). Love it.
The day that Safe had their big fight was actually Wednesday, the day with the lowest number of viewers.

I noticed that all of the shows had a drop off in viewers from Monday to Tuesday, although DAYS fared better than the others. Y&R dropped over 12%, GH dropped over 10%, B&B over 9%, DAYS dropped less than 2%.
Oh ok, I found it, you are correct. The Safe fight was Wednesday. Soo that actually means that Dan and Jenn planning a trip to Chicago on Thursday beat out Ej and Sami being nasty on Monday---OK :cart: that's even funnier!! haha
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Feb 18 2013, 10:49 AM
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi
Also I had to giggle that the day Safe was fighting was much more of draw then Ej and Sami being gross (Mon). Love it.
The day that Safe had their big fight was actually Wednesday, the day with the lowest number of viewers.

I noticed that all of the shows had a drop off in viewers from Monday to Tuesday, although DAYS fared better than the others. Y&R dropped over 12%, GH dropped over 10%, B&B over 9%, DAYS dropped less than 2%.
Oh ok, I found it, you are correct. The Safe fight was Wednesday. Soo that actually means that Dan and Jenn planning a trip to Chicago on Thursday beat out Ej and Sami being nasty on Monday---OK :cart: that's even funnier!! haha
Using that logic, I guess you could say that Jen & Dans trip planning beat out anything Rafe as well.

Or we could just talk about the show as a whole and say that it's in a lot better place than it was a few months ago. The demos are up, the ratings are decent, and the stories are progressing.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 18 2013, 10:18 AM
Totally forgot this was also the week that Frisco returned on that Monday....GH ROCKED, with over 3 Million viewers on that day....the #friscoisback hashtag was trending that day too....I find that very, very interesting....

GH
Monday: 2.3/3,132,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,768,000
Wednesday: 2.0/2,628,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,811,000
Friday: 2.1/2,752,000
The ratings and their fluctuations are always interesting. GH went way up on Monday from the prior Friday, but by Tuesday, they lost all those viewers plus a few more, while Days managed to hold onto to 2/3 of what they gained from Friday to Monday.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 18 2013, 10:56 AM
Vicky4Mimi
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi

Using that logic, I guess you could say that Jen & Dans trip planning beat out anything Rafe as well.

Or we could just talk about the show as a whole and say that it's in a lot better place than it was a few months ago. The demos are up, the ratings are decent, and the stories are progressing.

And apparently, the show is making money.

And as for Thursday, I choose to believe that Johnny running in the door saying "I'm Baaaaack!" is what made the ratings soar! :wub2:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

SoapGal1
Feb 18 2013, 10:56 AM
Vicky4Mimi
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi

I'm just glad they don't beat out anything Lucas is in..........for that week anyway....lol

Seriously now....I never look at dailies that much...I concentrate on total viewers anyway....the minute they start heading south and there is a pattern there should be cause for concern because the downward trend will ultimately lead to lower demos...it might not happen immediately but it will happen sooner or later....and the demos are up from this point last year but they one is slightly down from three weeks ago and the other is holding, but it's sweeps, so I'd hope that by the end of February we'll see something in terms of an increase in either of these

Wk of Jan 14

1.0 rating in women 18-49
0.6 rating in women 18-34

last week

4. DAYS 0.9
4. DAYS 0.6

The 18-34 demos is the one that I believe Days watches closely....it's holding steady but it also hasn't moved much at all in the last couple of months.

lysie
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi

It's also baiting.

Move along.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

So. Much. Fanwank.

The spin in this thread is already making me dizzy.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

The good thing about Days is that it's up in about every catagory from last year. It has 111,000 more viewers, which is great. See, the thing is that, there's only 4 soaps left--I really hope that we, as fans, can root for them all! I honestly want to see them all continue, grow and suceed. Is Days my favorite soap right now? No but that sure doesn't mean I want to see it falter and then have NBC cancel it.

Just my two cents.... :)

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 18 2013, 12:50 PM
So. Much. Fanwank.

i saw fanwank for years that rating low because people not getting their couple

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

With all the pimping and hype that DAYS, NBC, and SONY put into the love fest I would think the ratings would have been through the roof but a 1.9, what happened? The Monday before was a 2.1! Hmmm!!!!

Cupcake06

UGH!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I'm glad to see Days held steady from last week, but I feel like we are seeing March-like stories and March-like ratings at the moment. It's very solid day-to-day stuff, but there's not big dramatic reveals or big storyline conclusions like you usally get during sweeps. Along that line, I still don't get the logic of having a traditional sweeps event like the Nabi wedding and the Wabi baby reveal in January.

On a positive note, I feel like Days' day-to-day storytelling has improved drastically from a year ago, so I think the show should be able to maintain more consistency in the ratings between sweeps. Now they just need to get their big reveal moments placed at the right time.

lysie
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Feb 18 2013, 01:16 PM
Matt
So. Much. Fanwank.

It's been coming from everybody for years.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 18 2013, 02:11 PM
Partnersincrime
Matt
So. Much. Fanwank.

Same fanwank. Just different fans.

OliveAnn

lysie
Feb 18 2013, 11:36 AM
Vicky4Mimi
gailwinters
Vicky4Mimi

It's also baiting.

Move along.
How do you manage to stay sober?

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 18 2013, 02:12 PM
lysie
Feb 18 2013, 02:11 PM
Partnersincrime
Matt
So. Much. Fanwank.

Same fanwank. Just different fans.
No, both sides are still doing it. They've just swapped fanwanks.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Also, unless is a really specific event that's been heavily promoted and advertised as occurring one day, individual daily ratings have a lot more to do with real world factors and general viewership trends for the whole show than it does with anything or anyone specific happening or appearing on screen that day.

lysie
Member Avatar

OliveAnn
Feb 18 2013, 02:15 PM
lysie
Vicky4Mimi
gailwinters

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It's also baiting.

Move along.
Posted Image

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 18 2013, 02:27 PM
OliveAnn
Feb 18 2013, 02:15 PM
lysie
Vicky4Mimi

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It's also baiting.

Move along.
Posted Image
Do you eat a piece everytime someone fanwanks?

Cupcake06

Matt
Feb 18 2013, 02:24 PM
Also, unless is a really specific event that's been heavily promoted and advertised as occurring one day, individual daily ratings have a lot more to do with real world factors and general viewership trends for the whole show than it does with anything or anyone specific happening or appearing on screen that day.
No. No. No.!!!!!

Well, wait a minute! At this point I think every possible couple or character or potential couple has had a "moment" when the ratings have both dropped and increased. So....WHAT DO WE DO NOW DAMN IT?!?!? Just WHO in the hell are we supposed to give credit to or rip it from? I am so confused!

Hey maybe there is some truth to what you're saying!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply