Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 2/18
Topic Started: Feb 18 2013, 07:26 AM (15,221 Views)
six
Member Avatar

No part of my post was actually a serious suggestion that Days was doing something wrong, lol. In fact, I'm about to campaign for all Salem men to enter the priesthood if that's what it takes to get the writers to slow things down. ;)
Edited by six, Feb 19 2013, 11:16 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

six
Feb 19 2013, 11:14 AM
No part of my post was actually a serious suggestion that Days was doing something wrong, lol. In fact, I'm about to campaign for all Salem men to enter the priesthood if that's what it takes to get the writers to slow things down. ;)
I didn't think you have a problem with the way things are playing. :) My comment was actually more in reference to someone's suggestion that because Eric is still wearing his collar in a few months Ericole may not have given in to their desires. I don't think that is necessarily the case.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
Feb 19 2013, 11:29 AM
six
I didn't think you have a problem with the way things are playing. :) My comment was actually more in reference to someone's suggestion that because Eric is still wearing his collar in a few months Ericole may not have given in to their desires. I don't think that is necessarily the case.
I actually hope that Eric still has his collar because they have not given into their desires. There is absolutely no reason to rush this. I waited a year for S&K and while it was extremely frustrating, it made it all more meaningful in the end. The last thing I want for Eric and Nicole is for them to just get together. I want them to be fighting against it every step of the way until they can't fight anymore.

And, I would much prefer if Eric leaves the priesthood first. I think it's a better story for him if he has to deal with that conflict up front than it is if he's basically having a secret affair.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

SocRMum1
six
Okay. :$ When you said "true," I wanted to make it clear that in no way did I want anything in that post to happen at that speed. So I'm glad the post made sense.

I have a feeling they'll give in, too, and part of me wants them to, but I also see esp13's pov, and I'd kind of like Eric to realize there's no need for him to be a priest, instead of him having to wonder if Nicole got in the way of his calling.
Edited by six, Feb 19 2013, 11:45 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

esp13
Feb 19 2013, 11:32 AM
SocRMum1
six
I actually hope that Eric still has his collar because they have not given into their desires. There is absolutely no reason to rush this. I waited a year for S&K and while it was extremely frustrating, it made it all more meaningful in the end. The last thing I want for Eric and Nicole is for them to just get together. I want them to be fighting against it every step of the way until they can't fight anymore.

And, I would much prefer if Eric leaves the priesthood first. I think it's a better story for him if he has to deal with that conflict up front than it is if he's basically having a secret affair.
I don't disagree with this at all. If there is an interest in pairing Ericole long term then I think they'll take their time and play things out slowly. It really does make the pay off that much sweeter and allows time to bring the majority of the audience on board.

Personally, I'd prefer to see Nicole written as being the one who takes the high road and the real conflict being that Eric eventually can't fight his feelings for her. It's too predictable to write Nicole as the seductress - I'd like to see them give her a rock solid romance built on something other than her manipulations or under handed schemes. This is the perfect opportunity to do that - and it would be great to see Nicole be unequivocably the one and only choice for Eric.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I don't mind Ericole being taken slowly...the slower the better for me..but I needed something to start happening and it finally has. One of the things I loved the most about Lumi were the fantasies...they started with one person first, then the other started having them and then both were having them simultaneously. It was about a year before they got together but it was so worth it....lately the couples featured don't get this development and I'm glad that at least they are giving Ericole something that appears to have the staples of a true super couple type built up.

I'm not sure if I want Eric to leave the priesthood before he tells Nicole how he feels. I suspect they won't do the story that way....and I'm fine with that too. I just want a good soapy romance coming out of it...whether Eric leaves the priesthood before or not, I just don't want Nicole doing the seducing...I want Nicole to back away and have Eric fighting an internal battle with himself, and God as to who he would choose and then go for it....
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I need ANGST between Nicole & Eric. I need them to look longingly/lovingly across the room at one another while circumstances and situations beyond their control keep them apart. I need them to willingly sacrifice their own individual happiness for the greater good of the other character (or a higher calling?). And just when they finally FINALLY get the the point where they want & feel that they can be together, I need it all blown to hell (pun intended?) so that they have to fight that much harder against the torrid currents of the fates.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I agree, I hope the big struggle is within Eric, while Nicole works to keep her new life together and deal with her own doubts about herself. I guess I hope Eric doesn't decide to leave the priesthood any time soon, because they'll need another source of conflict and it will probably have to come from Nicole. I'm enjoying how it's pretty balanced right now.
Online Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 19 2013, 12:04 PM
I don't mind Ericole being taken slowly...the slower the better for me..but I needed something to start happening and it finally has. One of the things I loved the most about Lumi were the fantasies...they started with one person first, then the other started having them and then both were having them simultaneously. It was about a year before they got together but it was so worth it....lately the couples featured don't get this development and I'm glad that at least they are giving Ericole something that appears to have the staples of a true super couple type built up.

I'm not sure if I want Eric to leave the priesthood before he tells Nicole how he feels. I suspect they won't do the story that way....and I'm fine with that too. I just want a good soapy romance coming out of it...whether Eric leaves the priesthood before or not, I just don't want Nicole doing the seducing...I want Nicole to back away and have Eric fighting an internal battle with himself, and God as to who he would choose and then go for it....
So much THIS!
Offline Profile Goto Top

bomber
Member Avatar

Jamey Giddens just reported that ED has been taping at Y & R. Is this while Days is dark?
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I can't get a link to work but here's what he said

Quote:

I hear my beloved Ashley Abbott (Eileen Davidson) will soon be paying a visit to her big brother Jack (Peter Bergman) on The Young and the Restless. Days of Our Lives (which like Y&R is co-owned by Sony Pictures Television) loaned Davidson back to Y&R for the very special episodes, according to my mole.

The actress has been a huge part of a creative renaissance at DAYS, playing scheme queen Kristin Blake DiMera, a role she will continue in. A few weeks ago, Soap Opera Digest ran an item about Y&R being anxious to bring Davidson back to the fold. Here's hoping if this works out, Davidson can pop back and forth on both shows!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

If they allow her to do that, watch for her to pick one or the other soon enough...she won't stay doing both for very long...
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Ugh. I can understand if its just for a Very Special Episode that revolves around Jack Abbott, but DAYS does NOT need to be having to work around Y&R's schedule. If Sony is dictating this then Y&R will obviously get preferential treatment in this situation. I'm happy for Eileen Davidson though, but lets not make this a regular occurrence.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Doesn't Y&R have its 40th anniversary coming up soon? Maybe ED is taping episodes for that.
Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Days needing to think about how they use Kristen a little more judiciously would only be a good thing, IMO. I'd be surprised if it was ongoing, though.

At some point Days should really exercise its favors with Y&R.
Edited by granolagirl, Feb 19 2013, 01:12 PM.
Online Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

What does Y&R have to offer DAYS really? If Stephen Nichols was still there I could see that. Right now there's nothing really. This is going to be a trade that only helps Y&R. I'm worried that Eileen Davidson is going to burn out again like she did last time on DAYS. I told Jamey Giddens that I didn't like the sound of this and he said its just for "guest spots." He then went on to say that Lisa Brown played two different roles on Guiding Light and As the World Turns and it worked out. Leading me to believe this could end ongoing if it works out. DAYS is just learning how to write for themselves. Cannot imagine if they have to write around Y&R's schedule.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

LuvingLumi
Feb 19 2013, 01:05 PM
If they allow her to do that, watch for her to pick one or the other soon enough...she won't stay doing both for very long...
Sony has control....not ED. And they "loaned" her for a few episodes and made it clear she's coming back to "Days" full time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 19 2013, 01:02 PM
I can't get a link to work but here's what he said

Quote:

I hear my beloved Ashley Abbott (Eileen Davidson) will soon be paying a visit to her big brother Jack (Peter Bergman) on The Young and the Restless. Days of Our Lives (which like Y&R is co-owned by Sony Pictures Television) loaned Davidson back to Y&R for the very special episodes, according to my mole.

The actress has been a huge part of a creative renaissance at DAYS, playing scheme queen Kristin Blake DiMera, a role she will continue in. A few weeks ago, Soap Opera Digest ran an item about Y&R being anxious to bring Davidson back to the fold. Here's hoping if this works out, Davidson can pop back and forth on both shows!
Here is this link:

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/02/19/spotted-eileen-davidson-back-on-set-at-young-and-restless
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

I don't watch YR but I think this will be good for Eileen. My guess is she misses YR, so imho if Days let's her go back there every now and again it will make her more likely to want to stay at Days.
Edited by blueskies, Feb 19 2013, 01:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

blueskies
Feb 19 2013, 01:32 PM
I don't watch YR but I think this will be good for Eileen. My guess is she misses YR, so imho if Days let's her go back there every now and again it will make her more likely to want to stay at Days.
Does she have a choice? Sony owns her contract...not Days or Y&R.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic