Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 2/18
Topic Started: Feb 18 2013, 07:26 AM (15,384 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Feb 19 2013, 08:48 PM
If they actually gave Ashley Abbott(ED) some good story arcs for once, then I'd be less sad if we lost Kristen on Days.
I don't watch Y&R so no amount of storyline for Ashley would make me feel better about losing Kristen for good, lol.
Online Profile Goto Top

kelly777
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 19 2013, 04:00 PM
I do think Eileen will eventually end up back on Y&R. It's kind of inevitable. I'll be disappointed when it happens, but more than anything I'll just be grateful I got to see her in the role of Kristen again -- something I thought would never happen -- and I'll be glad I get to cut this show loose for good.
Love Ashley but I love Kristen more! I just started back watching Days again and I really enjoy Kristen. What a kick!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

ED's news made the MSN homepage.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

As long as Eileen stays on DAYS I'm happy with her appearing on Y&R for a few episodes.
Edited by Oak Alley, Feb 20 2013, 07:18 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 20 2013, 12:33 PM
Panda Panda
Feb 19 2013, 01:48 PM
Sony wants ED on Days more. Initially she was supposed to be shared between the two shows but Y&R refused to share and Sony ended ED's contract with Y&R.

If Y&R wants ED back for more than a guest spot then they're going to have to share her with Days.
It's quite shocking actually that Y&R was not willing to share, yet DAYS was....Y&R really gambled in that and ended up losing her completely.
Thank god MAB was in charge and not Josh Griffith and JFP. Or this would have never happened. The only saving grace here is that Sony has to know that ED is much more important to DAYS than Y&R, at this point.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
Feb 20 2013, 12:34 PM
Mitchapalooza
Feb 20 2013, 12:33 PM
Panda Panda
Feb 19 2013, 01:48 PM
Sony wants ED on Days more. Initially she was supposed to be shared between the two shows but Y&R refused to share and Sony ended ED's contract with Y&R.

If Y&R wants ED back for more than a guest spot then they're going to have to share her with Days.
It's quite shocking actually that Y&R was not willing to share, yet DAYS was....Y&R really gambled in that and ended up losing her completely.
Thank god MAB was in charge and not Josh Griffith and JFP. Or this would have never happened. The only saving grace here is that Sony has to know that ED is much more important to DAYS than Y&R, at this point.
I think Sony is well aware of that...ED is more valuable to DAYS and Kristen is a much more marketable character...I think Sony sees that.

ED is a Y&R original...so of course she is going to love being there...its her daytime home...but there is no denying the impact she has made in daytime is BECAUSE of her DAYS role...she knows that and so does Sony.

She truly is a household name in daytime BECAUSE of Kristen & DAYS...not because of Ashley & Y&R.

Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Yeah, my only hope is that - since Sony holds the cards - they keep her primarily at Days. I am relieved that Sony is in charge - not Y&R executive producers. Sony can always override CBS executive producers if they tried to steal Eileen full-time. If Sony stops stepping in, you can bet ED will be back to Y&R before you can say "Ashley Abbott".

Oh, and kudos to NBC for being classy about the episodes. Because CBS certainly hadn't exuded the same class to us.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Eileen Davidson was basically gifted to DAYS in this exchange so I think it would have been a really terrible move for Corday or NBC or whoever to not let her go back to Y&R for a few episodes, especially during a dark week. So I'm glad they did, but they didn't REALLY have the option to say no. I do wish DAYS would ask for something in return at some point though, whenever Y&R is dark. It would have to be a lawyer or judge or something, but they should do it just to create a buzz that the shows are sharing. They do go head-to-head in my market though so not sure how that would really work out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

The thing that gets me is she's taping YR now and airing March 18th. Wtf Days.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

AFaithL
Feb 20 2013, 12:43 PM
Yeah, my only hope is that - since Sony holds the cards - they keep her primarily at Days. I am relieved that Sony is in charge - not Y&R executive producers. Sony can always override CBS executive producers if they tried to steal Eileen full-time. If Sony stops stepping in, you can bet ED will be back to Y&R before you can say "Ashley Abbott".

Oh, and kudos to NBC for being classy about the episodes. Because CBS certainly hadn't exuded the same class to us.
I agree! DAYS has been unusually accommodating to the Bell soaps over the last decade without much getting anything in return.

Either Corday has a soft spot for those shows or Sony forced their hand and we just don't know about it.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

blueskies
Feb 20 2013, 12:49 PM
The thing that gets me is she's taping YR now and airing March 18th. Wtf Days.
Y&R has a 3-week turnaround...I think it is the shortest in daytime...

DAYS is over 3 months now...but whatever keeps you on the air I guess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 20 2013, 12:49 PM
Either Corday has a soft spot for those shows or Sony forced their hand and we just don't know about it.

Corday Productions owns a small percentage of YR.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Chandler Massey■@ChandlerMassey
My favorite Harlem Shake video by a long shot:
View media
http://t.co/fZckVHjR
Online Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

WillFan
Feb 20 2013, 03:25 PM
Chandler Massey■@ChandlerMassey
My favorite Harlem Shake video by a long shot:
View media
http://t.co/fZckVHjR
At the beginning Chandler Massey in white tee shirt,black short,& blue Nike is on the couch playing a video game.At the end Chandler Massey has some kind of animal mask on,with a black sheet wrap around him and his emmy thrusting in his private area if you know what I mean.LOL Chandler Massey is so funny.
Online Profile Goto Top

Sound
Member Avatar

Nothing would make me happier than having her stay at Y&R.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

The Eileen interview was moved to a separate thread.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Eileen Davidson
@georgeguzman wow! look at that make up and hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://pic.twitter.com/ciheV9AO

Eileen Davidson
I might be in Genoa City this week but I'm sure missing my friends in Salem! @nbcdays @ericmartsolf @Ari_Zucker @DrakeHogestyn @DeidreHall
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kenny
Member Avatar

Kenny
Feb 20 2013, 11:08 PM
Eileen Davidson
@georgeguzman wow! look at that make up and hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://pic.twitter.com/ciheV9AO
She must've forgotten what it was like to be on a show with decent hair and makeup people and a wardrobe budget of more than $5, LoL.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Chandler Massey humping his Emmy to a Harlem Shake = GOLD!

I laughed the whole way through!
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Sound
Feb 20 2013, 06:14 PM
Nothing would make me happier than having her stay at Y&R.
Nothing would make me happier than to see Days overtake Y&R in the ratings.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic