Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, February 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 18 2013, 07:39 AM (8,208 Views)
Will&Sonny

Actually, when Stefano returns to Salem, maybe he can give Greg Vaughan a personality transplant.

Damn it, I'm mixing realities again....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

six
Feb 18 2013, 05:33 PM
Did I miss the explanation for why Victor donated money to the Roman Catholic church?
No, but if I had to hazard a guess...he did it because Eric is Caroline's grandson, the writers felt like they had to give the viewers a reminder that Victor isn't all bad, and a tax write-off is a tax write-off.

Will&Sonny

SoapGal1
Feb 18 2013, 04:51 PM
Jen, you didn't take Nicole's advice, you did the exact opposite.
That line seemed weird to me at first, too, but actually, I could see Jennifer believing that she had followed Nicole's advice. Nicole basically told Jennifer to refrain from giving Chloe something that she could use against Jennifer. Jennifer did that -- she withheld the true location of the club that she and Daniel were going to visit so that Chloe wouldn't be able to use that information to interrupt the date.

What Jennifer failed to realize (because she lacks foresight) was that she simply traded ammunition for more dangerous ammunition.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Feb 18 2013, 04:38 PM
Jennifer looks good again.

Love her Olivia Pope coat!
I thought that too!! I need a coat just like it but not in white. It looks like it would be a bitch to clean.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Feb 18 2013, 06:14 PM.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Feb 18 2013, 05:32 PM
Mad they are SOOOO writing Chloe out of Character!! I don't like this total misrepresentation!!

Lucas is awesome however! Stick it to Dan the "can't keep it zipped" man! Woot woot!!

Eric and Nicole are Hawt!! Chemistry beyond chemistry! Love them back together!! Well...hopefully back together!

So so sad Rafe has to settle for Kate. She's not the same without Steffie.
Chloe is painful. PAINFUL. I read the comments and then watched, I was all prepared to be mad a Victor and you know what? I would throw her out and tell her to go back to hooking. Can someone, anyone, ANYONE on the writing team remember she is a celebrated Opera singer? How did ghoul Girl end up with "kids"? Who were the kids plural she was "working"with? Her green cleaning tirade was out of place and sorta psycho. She is just a nightmare. Does every woman have to be stupid or a bitch?

And Jennifer SHUT UP! Did she blame Nicole for her lying? She can leave town with Mr. Can't Keep it Zipped. LMAO, Lucas amused me today.

Will&Sonny

Harlee Kin
Feb 18 2013, 06:15 PM
How did ghoul Girl end up with "kids"? Who were the kids plural she was "working"with?
It was previously established that Chloe had secured a job as a music teacher. She was referring to her students.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 18 2013, 06:22 PM
Harlee Kin
Feb 18 2013, 06:15 PM
How did ghoul Girl end up with "kids"? Who were the kids plural she was "working"with?
It was previously established that Chloe had secured a job as a music teacher. She was referring to her students.
Thank you for watching carefully Will and Sonny and for clarifying this for me.

concerned
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 18 2013, 05:06 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 18 2013, 04:56 PM
Well, there went how many years of J&J history sacrificed at the altar of Dannifer?
And see, it didn't have to be written that way. They could have just left J&J intact by having Jennifer say that she loved Jack with all her heart, but he's dead now and would want her to move on. It would still suck for J&J fans, bit it wouldn't have gone the extra step of twisting the knife by insinuating that Jennifer preferred Daniel to Jack even when he WAS alive.
I empathise with how you are feeling .... going through the same thing with my fave couple. Seems to be a theme at the moment.

Completely trash any love you had before to make the current love more plausible.

concerned
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Feb 18 2013, 05:36 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have a problem with Rafe and Kate. Of course, I didn't have a problem with the idea when I first heard that they were being paired together, either.

I still think that Kate and Chad could have been awesome together, though.
I had a major problem with Rafe and Kate when I first heard that they were being paired together but most of that was to do with my Rafe hate.
Although I'm starting to realise I don't hate him as much when he's not with Sami - inversely my EJ love is rapidly diminishing.
(and Everett whilst pretty is not suave enough to be anything to me other than eye candy, I need more grammar corrections to sustain my affection).

Seems like Lucas is the only man on board who is strong enough to withstand the forcefield of suckiness that happens when paired with Sami these days.

But totally agree Kate and Chad would have been awesome.

Winterfaire

Hair post:
I believe Maggie does wear a wig; has for many years.
I like that Kate finally erased that blue streak, but she replaced it with a kinda read one. Her hair looks a "touch" better trimmed, but would like it even a little shorter and less highlighted.
I'd like to see Sami get an at the shoulder haircut.
Jennifer would look great with a jaw length bob.
Kristen's hair looks fried from too many colorings!
I hate Chloe's burgundy tint and am tired of the length. I would love to see her in a shorter style, as well.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I can't believe how great Rafe and Kate are together. And hot. Who would've known?

The chemistry between Zucker and Vaughan is there. However, I just can't buy him as Eric Brady.

Loved Nicole and Lucas fighting. More scenes of them please!

Same thing with Chloe and Victor. Love when they're going at it each other.

It's been a nice break from Stefano. I'm ready for him to return to Salem.

Cathalina

Will&Sonny
Feb 18 2013, 05:30 PM
No, Rafe, Nick isn't devoted to your sister -- he's obsessed with her. There's a major difference. At least Kate pointed out the obvious.

And I still say that Nick doesn't really love Gabi or the baby.
I am wondering if Nick is back on the painkillers. That's when he became obsessed with Melanie.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Feb 18 2013, 07:03 PM
I can't believe how great Rafe and Kate are together. And hot. Who would've known?

The chemistry between Zucker and Vaughan is there. However, I just can't buy him as Eric Brady.

Loved Nicole and Lucas fighting. More scenes of them please!

Same thing with Chloe and Victor. Love when they're going at it each other.

It's been a nice break from Stefano. I'm ready for him to return to Salem.
To me Greg Vaughn is not Eric Brady, but he is a "new" character who happens to be named Eric and who happens to have chemistry with Nicole so I am okay. No one can replace Jensen Ackles for me.

niki

It confuses me why the writers continue with the Dannifer SL when they have to devote so much air time to other characters telling us why we should like them. The pimping of these two is so extreme that it is ridiculous. It's not something I've ever seen done with a successful pairing so they must know it's not a popular SL...in which case I wonder why on earth they continue with it? If fans are not swayed by what's being shown then why do they think having people continually disregard Jack and promote Dan is going to make it better? It just pisses off more people and makes me hate the Dannifer coupling all the more.

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I thought there was a whole lot of WTFery in this episode. First of all, there is no way Victor could have been so easily manipulated by Chloe. She is not that crafty and clever while Victor is not that stupid and gullible.

Second, when did Nicole and Jennifer become such good friends? This rewrite pisses me off more than anything else right now. Those two should be enemies, much like Nicole and Lucas are.

Speaking of Lucas, he sure was a snippy liar with Daniel today. I want to see more of this version of Lucas, especially when it comes to the baby story. His skill set is being wasted on that loser Daniel. It's probably not an even a challenge for Lucas as I think Parker could pull off the same stunt with Daniel.

Those Nick\Rafe\Kate scenes sure seemed to have no place in this episode given the context of everything else that was going on. I wonder if some things in this episode ended up on the cutting room floor while more scenes related to the top notch baby story were inserted in their place.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I haven't commented much (I usually save up a few eps now and just watch) but I watched today live and enjoyed all the interactions.

Loved Brady telling Dan he wasn't in highschool anymore. Dan and Jen's relationship is so juvenile. I hate how Jennifer is written in it. Whenever she's not around that thing she's somewhat tolerable lately. Still a lot of work to do on her though.

Kristen and Stefano ... sigh. They work so well together. Add me in to those who cannot WAIT to see them in the same room together. I'm going to miss his hideaway though.

Kate and Rafe shockingly and oddly intrigue me. I KINDA like them around each other. I loved the interaction with Nick. They're setting up his epic fall from grace pretty nicely.

I'm not overall a fan of what lead to the Nick/Gabi/Will rush job but I LOVE all the layers. It's nice to see a story where just about everyone is involved one way or another.

Chloe has been made of so much win this go around. I like that she's just being whoever she wants to be and doesn't care. Her and Victor was glorious. Victor has some fantastic lines. The writers must love writing for him.

Boy, Lucas is GRUMPY. DAMN. I guess I would be too if I were him. I love him though. His comments and remarks are hilarious. I'm shocked they're using him more! Could the fact that they ARE using him more be why he told fans to chill with the campaining for him?? I hope it continues. It's been really nice seeing more of Victor, Stefano and Lucas and all of them are actually being written fairly in character.

I had to laugh at just how bad the Nick scenes were. Like bad in an 80s soap cheesey sort of way. The dramatic poses, the piss-poor background music, the "moody" lighting ... lmao. It was bad. But I can't wait to see his "prison buddy" get out. Yet another complication.

And Eric and Nicole? SIGH. I don't ever fanboy couples but I'm so jumping on their ship.
Edited by KMan101, Feb 18 2013, 08:34 PM.

Kriss4

Romancer66
Feb 18 2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Third-run Jennifer sucks donkey balls. If there's any truth to the rumor that TIIC have gotten a clue and Dannifer's days are numbered, I hope they end in maximum pain and humiliation for Jen-Jen, and that she spends the rest of her run cursing her own stupidity and hating herself for even thinking her shallow "relationship" with Daniel was worth mentioning in the same breath as her life with Jack.

So, does the rumor that they're going to break up Daniel and Jennifer have legs? Did it come from a reliable source?

I'd like for them to break up. I don't really like Daniel all that much, but honestly JENNIFER has been the one I've objected to the most lately, surprisingly.

The way she treated Jack while he was dealing with his PTSD. The way she couldn't even be bothered to be Jack's FRIEND so often. The way she went back to him only after Daniel broke up with her. The way she resumed her relationship with Dan so quickly after Jack's death. The way she's trying dealing with Parker's existence. The ultimatum I've heard she's going to give Daniel...

Daniel's just a player. He's got a "rescue" complex, and he jumps from woman to woman pretty quickly. While he's shallow that way, he can be a good guy in some ways. I can tolerate him, though I don't really LIKE him...and figure he could actually grow up someday.

Jennifer, though...She WAS a grown up, and now she's acting like a kid. She's been awful for quite some time. The way she was with Jack. Nicole. The coming ultimatum.

I'm less than impressed.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Feb 18 2013, 07:59 PM
Second, when did Nicole and Jennifer become such good friends? This rewrite pisses me off more than anything else right now. Those two should be enemies, much like Nicole and Lucas are.
I don't think anything about Jennifer and Nicole's scenes today were meant to indicate they're best friends. Jennifer couldn't wait to get away from Nicole. All Nicole did was ask Jennifer for advice. The entire time the advice was being given, it was clear that the ladies weren't friends. Just being civil. Jennifer could tell something was bothering Nicole, so she listened and gave advice. That's how Jennifer is. And Nicole was just looking for advice. Desperate enough to even seek it from Jennifer.

They aren't best friends.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

KMan101
Feb 18 2013, 08:33 PM
Could the fact that they ARE using him more be why he told fans to chill with the campaining for him??
These scenes had already been filmed when he asked for help. and this tweet from him does not sound hopeful:

Quote:

Calling off the dogs. My work is sick of hearing how much I need work. Thanks we tried now I guess we should stop.

Romancer66

Kriss4
Feb 18 2013, 09:09 PM
Romancer66
Feb 18 2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Third-run Jennifer sucks donkey balls. If there's any truth to the rumor that TIIC have gotten a clue and Dannifer's days are numbered, I hope they end in maximum pain and humiliation for Jen-Jen, and that she spends the rest of her run cursing her own stupidity and hating herself for even thinking her shallow "relationship" with Daniel was worth mentioning in the same breath as her life with Jack.

So, does the rumor that they're going to break up Daniel and Jennifer have legs? Did it come from a reliable source?

I'd like for them to break up. I don't really like Daniel all that much, but honestly JENNIFER has been the one I've objected to the most lately, surprisingly.

The way she treated Jack while he was dealing with his PTSD. The way she couldn't even be bothered to be Jack's FRIEND so often. The way she went back to him only after Daniel broke up with her. The way she resumed her relationship with Dan so quickly after Jack's death. The way she's trying dealing with Parker's existence. The ultimatum I've heard she's going to give Daniel...

Daniel's just a player. He's got a "rescue" complex, and he jumps from woman to woman pretty quickly. While he's shallow that way, he can be a good guy in some ways. I can tolerate him, though I don't really LIKE him...and figure he could actually grow up someday.

Jennifer, though...She WAS a grown up, and now she's acting like a kid. She's been awful for quite some time. The way she was with Jack. Nicole. The coming ultimatum.

I'm less than impressed.

The rumor arose a couple of months ago, not long after the publication of the SOD poll that showed 96% of respondents opposed Dannifer, and only 4% supported them. I don't know exactly where it originated, and I wasn't the one who introduced it, but it's popped up a few more times since then, here and there. I would like to believe it wasn't without foundation, but who knows? Given the insane taping schedule, anything could be happening or have already happened with these characters.

I do agree that Jennifer's in far worse shape than Daniel. He was always shallow, lightweight, and fickle. But Jennifer used to have substance--she used to be admired, respected, and even loved for her spunk, intelligence, and compassion. This two-time pairing with Daniel has dragged her down to his level, and it's not a pretty sight. Cutting her loose from him may be the only way to salvage what the character used to be, and even then I'm not overly optimistic because the damage has been so severe.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply