Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, February 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 18 2013, 07:39 AM (8,016 Views)
Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Feb 18 2013, 09:26 PM
KMan101
Feb 18 2013, 08:33 PM
Could the fact that they ARE using him more be why he told fans to chill with the campaining for him??
These scenes had already been filmed when he asked for help. and this tweet from him does not sound hopeful:

Quote:

Calling off the dogs. My work is sick of hearing how much I need work. Thanks we tried now I guess we should stop.
I don't understand these quotes. Bryan is calling his fans dogs? Could his fans be any more aggressive than other fan bases given the behavior we have seen? Is he leaving the show. Unlikely, with them unfolding what really happened with one of EJ's shootings. :shrug:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Harlee Kin
Feb 18 2013, 09:33 PM
TreasureCove
KMan101
Could the fact that they ARE using him more be why he told fans to chill with the campaining for him??
These scenes had already been filmed when he asked for help. and this tweet from him does not sound hopeful:

Quote:

Calling off the dogs. My work is sick of hearing how much I need work. Thanks we tried now I guess we should stop.
I don't understand these quotes. Bryan is calling his fans dogs? Could his fans be any more aggressive than other fan bases given the behavior we have seen? Is he leaving the show. Unlikely, with them unfolding what really happened with one of EJ's shootings. :shrug:
It's a saying, and let's please not revisit this, lol.

mer4santo
Member Avatar
I own you bitch.

lysie
Feb 18 2013, 07:39 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
For The Royal Win

esp13
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Feb 18 2013, 09:47 PM
lysie
Feb 18 2013, 07:39 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
For The Royal Win
The best thing about that farce was Stevenhood. In tights. :)

blueskies
Member Avatar

today's eppi was okay...i'm getting beyond tired of Stefano in Italy. Please, PLEASE just come back already!! Like yesterday.

I didn't think Jen's comments were too bad re-Jack today. I do wish she had said he was the love of her life or something, but she did say it wasn't a choice. To me she basically did say she loved Jack more without actually saying it. More than anything I think it just highlights how ridiculous that particular storyline was with her waffling back and forth between Dan and Jack, when Jack had done nothing wrong and was being TORTURED for a year. Okay, he should have said where he was going, that's his one downfall. And he shouldn't have let the terrorists gain access to his blog and update it (although if someone could please explain to me why any terrorists anywhere would keep a man's blog up after they kidnap him, I'd appreciate it).

But yeah...okay eppi, Ericole and Bristen were the highlights still, although Chloe getting Victor to kick her out was okay too. I thought it was kind of a weak performance by Nadia, but not a huge deal.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

I don't think it was the terrorists updating the blog. I think it was his contact. I don't understand exactly why, but even after his capture they wanted to keep his mission completely secret until they could rescue him. I guess so his loved ones wouldn't worry?

Romancer66

TreasureCove
Feb 18 2013, 10:03 PM
I don't think it was the terrorists updating the blog. I think it was his contact. I don't understand exactly why, but even after his capture they wanted to keep his mission completely secret until they could rescue him. I guess so his loved ones wouldn't worry?
I always thought there was more to that mission than just Jack investigating. Which may account for why his family was still kept in the dark about where he was, and why it took so long to get him out of there. I kept hoping some interesting plot twists would come out of it, and other Salemites might turn out to be involved in what happened, but no such luck.

esp13
Member Avatar

As much as I understand the anger/frustration about Jennifer's comments about Jack, I'm actually glad they played it that way because it's at least consistent with how MR played the whole thing a year ago. Everything she said matched exactly how it was onscreen. And I'd rather have them do that, then have Jennifer give some speech about how Jack was the only man for her, blah, blah, blah.

Whoever did Maggie's hair today should be fired.

Kriss4

It is what we saw. Bugs the heck out of me, though.

Can't seem to help that.

Romancer66

Kriss4
Feb 18 2013, 11:10 PM
It is what we saw. Bugs the heck out of me, though.

Can't seem to help that.
Not to mention that this would be about the first time ever that the writing reflected MR's performance in the storyline. All the times she was supposed to appear legitimately torn between Jack and Daniel, the times she was supposed to light up around Jack, the times when she was allegedly all over him after their quickie reunion, the times when she was supposedly devastated and grief-stricken by his sudden, violent death . . . and MR failed to come through, either through disinclination or plain lack of ability. Not very professional, in my opinion--the actor is supposed to convey what's in the script, not phone it in until the script comes along that justifies the performance.

And the explanation doesn't make me like or respect Jennifer any more, either. Rather, it reinforces my impression of her as a self-serving twit who can't be without a man for five minutes.
Edited by Romancer66, Feb 19 2013, 01:28 AM.

WillFan
Member Avatar

Anyone notice when the prisoner Vargas was looking at his calendar he had the days marked off all the way up until Feb.18th,I guess there goes the theory that Friday Feb.22nd spoiler about Wilson is still Valentine’s Day.He also had Friday March 15th circle as the day he gets out of prison.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I actually like that we're getting lead up to Vargas getting out. By the time he actually hits Salem and really becomes part of the active story, it won't be like some random day player just showed up and started driving story for a few days (like when those idiots kidnapped the Scooby Gang that time. granted I still don't remember what the fuck any of that was about beyond hooking Chad & Melanie up).

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

After the flashback with Vargas, I was laughing my ass off as Nick began touching his ass as he walked over to the window, as if he had just been violated. Could it be Blake throwing out a clue? Doubtful, but something to ponder.

I miss this side of Victor! When Victor is away from Ruffles McRedMuff all is good. Magic needs to end. Why isn't Jenn going to Hope instead of Daniels pretend mom?

I am pissed I think this, but I am actually enjoying Rafe right now. He just needs to stay douchey and away from Salem's favorite vagina. Koslow and Gering have great chemistry. Is there anyone Koslow doesn't shine with? Although I despised Roman and Kate, they had their fans.

Jennifer, STFU. I hope Daniel gives her an STD or 3.

Kristen/Stefano :wub2:

Good to see more of Lucas, even if he was a tad over the top today.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kirk
Feb 19 2013, 01:22 AM
After the flashback with Vargas, I was laughing my ass off as Nick began touching his ass as he walked over to the window, as if he had just been violated. Could it be Blake throwing out a clue? Doubtful, but something to ponder.

I miss this side of Victor! When Victor is away from Ruffles McRedMuff all is good. Magic needs to end. Why isn't Jenn going to Hope instead of Daniels pretend mom?

I am pissed I think this, but I am actually enjoying Rafe right now. He just needs to stay douchey and away from Salem's favorite vagina. Koslow and Gering have great chemistry. Is there anyone Koslow doesn't shine with? Although I despised Roman and Kate, they had their fans.

Jennifer, STFU. I hope Daniel gives her an STD or 3.

Kristen/Stefano :wub2:

Good to see more of Lucas, even if he was a tad over the top today.
I agree with all of this. My thoughts exactly.

I absolutely just DESPISE Jennifer though...I seriously cannot stomach her and I REALLY want to see her taken down and be humiliated....I just hate that she is going to end up on top just because she is freaking sweet as sugar Jenny Rose Horton....ugh!

I have never had such a 180 for a character like I have with Jennifer...the writers have totally destroyed the character beyond all help and hope...worst character assasination I have ever witnessed on this show to be honest.

I LOVE Rafe the douche...MORE of him please!! LOL

And Ruffles McRedMuff = :applause: :applause:

Maggie is a close 2nd for most destroyed character after Jennifer.

And I agree Magic needs to SO FUCKING end already...it was sweet at first...but Victor the quasi-villain has truly suffered because of the pairing and is just sickening as a sweet loving husband. Victor is an old chroney prick, with a dark edge and needs to be written that way!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 19 2013, 01:35 AM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mitch(all Jennifer haters), I would be all for Anne/Chloe to somehow humiliate sugary sweet Jennifer Rose at some grandiose Salem public event. Imagine Jennifer getting some cheesy award for all her hard work at the hospital(or whatever lame Salem award), while a naked Jennifer strip teasing for Orangesicle shows up as a slide show behind Jen Jen as she accepts the award. Chloe has good karma coming her way for that anyway. Hell isn't Nancy Wesley coming back to Salem? Nancy/Chloe/Anne, ah the possibilities are endless.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kirk
Feb 19 2013, 01:45 AM
Mitch(all Jennifer haters), I would be all for Anne/Chloe to somehow humiliate sugary sweet Jennifer Rose at some grandiose Salem public event. Imagine Jennifer getting some cheesy award for all her hard work at the hospital(or whatever lame Salem award), while a naked Jennifer strip teasing for Orangesicle shows up as a slide show behind Jen Jen as she accepts the award. Chloe has good karma coming her way for that anyway. Hell isn't Nancy Wesley coming back to Salem? Nancy/Chloe/Anne, ah the possibilities are endless.
Oh that would be seriously awesome...to have her reputation destroyed would be so sweet to watch!

Oh and I fucking LOVE Anne!! MORE ANNE!!

The actress and Melissa Reeves have great catty chemistry.

Oh and when Nancy finally arrives I can only imagine how much MORE I will be loving watching the insults fly at Jenicunt!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Mitchapalooza
Feb 19 2013, 01:48 AM
Kirk
Feb 19 2013, 01:45 AM
Oh that would be seriously awesome...to have her reputation destroyed would be so sweet to watch!

Oh and I fucking LOVE Anne!! MORE ANNE!!

The actress and Melissa Reeves have great catty chemistry.

Oh and when Nancy finally arrives I can only imagine how much MORE I will be loving watching the insults fly at Jenicunt!

Jenicunt, LMAO.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

You know, I just don't think Jennifer could pull off a striptease. I don't, I really don't. Didn't she worry more about packing slippers so her feet would not touch "hotel floor" on her weekend away with him? And didn't she answer that phone awfully quick as if to say "Saved by ROOM SERVICE" *Shudder* I hope we as the viewers are spared that.

As for Nick grabbing his butt, I hope they do not make Nick a rape victim. Days as been so irresponsible with all other aspects of rape that I would hate for the intro to be attributed incorrectly to the Gay Community. Then all hell will break loose with the difference between violent men who violate versus homosexual relations. I think a knife in the back is a fair compromise.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Nick, .. creepy enough? I am not liking Nick at all.. something about him just bugs me.

Brady and Kristen,.. I am loving those two more by the minute. Kristen seem to soften with him and lets face it. her luck in romance has been terrible,.. maybe with Brady she will finally be happy. If only the whole scheming thing wasn't hanging over her head. Eventually Brady will find out,.. the question is how will he react. Brady i s much more likable with Kristen,.. one of the better coupling since Chloe and Nicole.

Jennifer I am not even going to mention, Chloe,.. I love you .. but I just wish you had a better story better than Daniel. Never liked Chloe with Daniel. And we know Chloe will be leaving us,.. :(

Nicole.. I don't know. Maybe I am just not into the priest angel with Eric.

KMan101
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
KMan101

Quote:

Oh, OK. THanks. I just can't even keep up with what was filmed. I can't believe this show is like 4 months ahead.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply