Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, February 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 19 2013, 09:39 AM (7,550 Views)
AFaithL

gailwinters
Feb 20 2013, 11:30 AM
AFaithL
Feb 20 2013, 11:13 AM
EJamandBread
Feb 20 2013, 11:07 AM
Pretty rich to see MarMar warning EJ not to break her daugter's heart. Hm. Wasn't her advice to Carrie to go ahead and steal Rafe away from Sami, ergo, breaking her heart?

Bah. She's become such a hag that the only time I can stand her anymore is when she's getting schooled by Kristin.
Sami is a hag.

Marlena is a heroine.

Marlena >>>> Sami any day of the week!
The great thing about soaps is that one person's hag is another person's heroine.

I think Marlena's supposed to be a heroine, but she doesn't always act like one, which IMO makes her story infinitely more interesting.
Marlena is a likeable heroine 90% of the time....full of warmth, compassion,and grace even towards those who have purposely tried to destroy her in the past.

Sami is a bitter, miserable bitch who does shitty things to her mother and other members of her family for her own selfish benefit, about 70% of the time. And 30% of the time she tries to put her unfounded, unwarranted bitterness towards her mother and other family members aside.

Sami could only hope to one day be like her mother. Maybe if she'd stop acting like a bitch towards her, the mom/daughter relationship would improve.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

vettejb
Feb 20 2013, 11:40 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 20 2013, 09:14 AM
tomsawyer
Feb 20 2013, 02:03 AM
Matt
Feb 20 2013, 12:59 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
LOL. Plus, isn't the point of EJ smiling in ALL his scenes with EVERBODY (even including Caroline and Marlena) supposed to demonstrate that he's super happy now because he's with Sami?? I mean, hell, we even have Johnny pimpin' how freakin' happy EJ is nowadays. Personally, I'm still waiting for him to break out in a little dance in HTS to You Make My Dreams Come True.
Yep. Not even seeing Marlena, Brady or Nicole brought him down. He still had a pep in his step and a smile on his face. The man is in love and just had desk sex with the woman of his dreams. :wub: I'm surprised he hasn't :cart: all over Salem yet.
I guess Sami has made EJ a little light in the loafers. So I guess showtunes would be the natural progression.
Perhaps he feels like he's 16 going on 17? Do we really want to hear Sami sing? A fanwanked EJ/Chloe pairing (imagine the opera! imagine the pretty!) sounds better and better.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Feb 20 2013, 06:58 AM
appleblossom
Feb 19 2013, 06:54 PM
Bee
Feb 19 2013, 03:58 PM
Marlena. Marlena. Marlena. :shame:

This supercilious hag is a far cry from the chick who cheated on her husband and screwed guys on desks. I liked the latter a lot better. She wasn't as judgmental, hypocritical, condescending, inconsistent, and botoxed. I do like how it's biting her in the ass with the ever awesome Kristen though! Mar's painful convo with EJ was awesomely enfuriating. She wants Sami to be happy but not with the adoring man she loves and with whom she shares two children. Oooooooooooookay, Doc. :bs:

Loved Deidre's glasses though!

AZ was on her A game today. She looked gorgeous and Nicole got to pull out a few snotty and hilar quips at EJ in passing just like pre-EJ Nicole would have. Win! Win! Nikki, EJ and Sami may have nowhere to go but up from where they were at but the same goes for you, girlfriend. Keep your new attitude and go out and get your holy man!

Nu-Syd is a cutie pie. Nice casting. I have no idea why but I love Johnny, Syd, and Allie's babysitter. That girl is adorbs!
Would you want your daughter to be married to a man who raped your daughter and tormented your family no matter how much he has changed. I commend her for accepting Lucas after what he and Kate did to Sami.
Marlena's a rape victim, if she ever cheerleads Ejami, I'll be seriously disappointed.
EJ also shot to kill John, after John survived he forced Kayla to take his liver without help in a dirty warehouse which he barely survived. Just recently he nearly got Marlena's entire family gunned down framing John, and tried to put him in prison. Why the hell should Marlena welcome him with open arms?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Matt
Feb 20 2013, 12:33 PM
vettejb
Feb 20 2013, 11:40 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 20 2013, 09:14 AM
tomsawyer

Yep. Not even seeing Marlena, Brady or Nicole brought him down. He still had a pep in his step and a smile on his face. The man is in love and just had desk sex with the woman of his dreams. :wub: I'm surprised he hasn't :cart: all over Salem yet.
I guess Sami has made EJ a little light in the loafers. So I guess showtunes would be the natural progression.
Perhaps he feels like he's 16 going on 17? Do we really want to hear Sami sing? A fanwanked EJ/Chloe pairing (imagine the opera! imagine the pretty!) sounds better and better.
A bunch of mafioso singing opera babies....
Offline Profile Goto Top

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 20 2013, 11:32 AM
EJamandBread
Pretty rich to see MarMar warning EJ not to break her daugter's heart. Hm. Wasn't her advice to Carrie to go ahead and steal Rafe away from Sami, ergo, breaking her heart?

Bah. She's become such a hag that the only time I can stand her anymore is when she's getting schooled by Kristin.
No, that wasn't her advice to Carrie. What she basically said to Carrie was that she loved her and she better think long and hard before pursuing a relationship with Rafe because it would hurt a lot of people, but that she understood that sometimes the heart wants what it wants.

Not to mention that Marlena didn't know anything about Rafe and Carrie's relationship unti after the reveal of the EJ/Sami notdeadbabysex and after Rafe had already left Sami. So the circumstances were vastly different.
I don't care what the circumstances; if I ever say anything other than, "LEAVE YOUR SISTER'S HUSBAND ALONE!" to a daughter contemplating cheating on her own husband with her sister's estranged husband, I will know that I have failed as a mother. Jeesh, I get that it's a soap and all, but no matter the circumstances, Rafe was Sami's HUSBAND and MarMar wasn't acting much like a mother hen . . . except to Carrie.

Gah. I miss Carrie a lot; she was so annoyingly perfect and easy to hate and I loved the Brady girls love/hate dynamic.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

EJamandBread
Feb 20 2013, 05:41 PM
esp13
EJamandBread

No, that wasn't her advice to Carrie. What she basically said to Carrie was that she loved her and she better think long and hard before pursuing a relationship with Rafe because it would hurt a lot of people, but that she understood that sometimes the heart wants what it wants.

Not to mention that Marlena didn't know anything about Rafe and Carrie's relationship unti after the reveal of the EJ/Sami notdeadbabysex and after Rafe had already left Sami. So the circumstances were vastly different.
I don't care what the circumstances; if I ever say anything other than, "LEAVE YOUR SISTER'S HUSBAND ALONE!" to a daughter contemplating cheating on her own husband with her sister's estranged husband, I will know that I have failed as a mother. Jeesh, I get that it's a soap and all, but no matter the circumstances, Rafe was Sami's HUSBAND and MarMar wasn't acting much like a mother hen . . . except to Carrie.

Gah. I miss Carrie a lot; she was so annoyingly perfect and easy to hate and I loved the Brady girls love/hate dynamic.
She never did that with Sami and Austin either so it's not a Carrie favoritism thing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

EJamandBread
Feb 20 2013, 05:41 PM
esp13
EJamandBread

And Rafe and Sami were separated because she had cheated on him. And if my mother ever tried to run my life and issue ultimatums, I know she has failed me as a mother. Marlena didn't advocate Carrie's potential action and warned her of how many people she would hurt. But she also said she loved Carrie and that wouldn't change. Pretty much the kind of thing I think a good mother would say.

And, as was pointed out, she didn't tell Sami to stay away from Austin either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Harlee Kin
Feb 20 2013, 02:14 AM
tomsawyer
Matt
Vicky4Mimi
Feb 20 2013, 12:56 AM
He truly hasn't smiled like that in a long time....
At least since he fucked Sami on the desk.
LOL. Plus, isn't the point of EJ smiling in ALL his scenes with EVERBODY (even including Caroline and Marlena) supposed to demonstrate that he's super happy now because he's with Sami?? I mean, hell, we even have Johnny pimpin' how freakin' happy EJ is nowadays. Personally, I'm still waiting for him to break out in a little dance in HTS to You Make My Dreams Come True.
Meh. That's just JS's acting. He smirks all the time even when he was not with Sami.
I've watched that ejole scene eight times and it still makes absolutely no sense to me. Weird James acting choices have me totally baffled.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 22 2013, 03:14 AM
Harlee Kin
Feb 20 2013, 02:14 AM
tomsawyer
Matt

Meh. That's just JS's acting. He smirks all the time even when he was not with Sami.
I've watched that ejole scene eight times and it still makes absolutely no sense to me. Weird James acting choices have me totally baffled.
It is possible he enjoys being away from Sami and I wouldn't blame him one bit.
Edited by Laufeyson, Feb 22 2013, 03:49 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic