Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Eileen Davidson is back!
Topic Started: Feb 19 2013, 02:02 PM (2,277 Views)
dragonflies
Member Avatar

So I'm guessing she's doing both DOOL and YR

CBS Daytime ‏@CBSDaytime

“@AngelicaMcD: BIG Welcome Back2 @eileen_davidson! #YR40 @YR_CBS @CBSDaytime pic.twitter.com/bWHOVscZ” Welcome back from ur CBSDaytime family!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

I assume Ashley is just back for whatever 40th anniversary celebration they have? Unless they have her make recurring appearance, since Sony owns both shows. If she was out at DAYS, I assume we'd already hear about it.

Honestly, she's lucky she's so valued by two different shows, this is such a rare case in daytime. I can't think of anything similar on soaps on different networks.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

^^^Wally Kurth aka Ned on GH/Justin on Days is doing something similar. Congrats to Eileen. I loved her on Y &R. Days not so much.
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 19 2013, 03:29 PM.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

It's amazing how differently she's styled on both shows (different characters obviously, but it makes a big difference).

Posted Image

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

More pics here, courtesy of CBS: http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_young_and_the_restless/photos/1000200/eileen-davidson-s-return/35407/

dragonflies
Member Avatar

I hear my beloved Ashley Abbott (Eileen Davidson) will soon be paying a visit to her big brother Jack (Peter Bergman) on The Young and the Restless. Days of Our Lives (which like Y&R is co-owned by Sony Pictures Television) loaned Davidson back to Y&R for the very special episodes, according to my mole.

The actress has been a huge part of a creative renaissance at DAYS, playing scheme queen Kristen Blake DiMera, a role she will continue in. A few weeks ago, Soap Opera Digest ran an item about Y&R being anxious to bring Davidson back to the fold. Here's hoping if this works out, Davidson can pop back and forth on both shows!

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2013/02/19/spotted-eileen-davidson-back-on-set-at-young-and-restless

Checkers
Member Avatar

Good news!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Thank GOD this is just a temporary return and she is STAYING at DAYS!!

Kristen is ON FIRE at the moment...

I MUCH prefer Eileen on DAYS than Y&R!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Eileen and Ashley are often wasted on Y&R. I get she's loved there but at least she's written for on DAYS.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Boo Hiss, Boo Hiss
At least her character Kristen, allowed DOOL viewers as many chances in seeing Eric M shirtless, :wub2: :cheer: :boobs: :wub:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This news made the MSN homepage which I thought was an interesting tidbit.

Posted Image

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

Interview with Davidson:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Eileen-Davidson-The-Young-And-The-Restless-Return-1061207.aspx

Checkers
Member Avatar

Y&RWorldTurner
Feb 20 2013, 09:57 AM
Excited to see the Ashley scenes with Victor, Abby, Jack, and Billy.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Wow. That's nice they're allowing Davidson to return to Y&R for the 40th anniversary. Ashley may not have received the best writing in the last decade, but she's an important part of Y&R history and her presence belongs in Genoa City during the milestone. I'm looking forward to her coming back for Victor and Nikki's wedding, along with her scenes with Phyllis. It's going to be nice to see Davidson and Stafford go at it. Both are great powerhouses.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

As long as DAYS remains her "main stint" and Y&R is just her "guest stint" then I am TOTALLY ok with her doing both shows.

If it keeps her happy enough to stay on DAYS, then please let her do it...I just hope it doesn't cause scheduling problems cause she looks to have a 4-episode a week guarantee with DAYS...thats a tall order.

Queen B
Member Avatar

DOOL doesn't deserve ED. I would love her to come back to Y&R where she belongs, especially with JG as head writer .

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Glad its only for a few episodes because ED belongs in DAYS. Y&R doesn't deserve her because she's always wasted there. Kristen is much better fit character for ED than Ashley!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Queen B
Feb 20 2013, 12:48 PM
DOOLY&R doesn't deserve ED.
Fixed that one for you ;)
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 21 2013, 03:42 PM.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

IMO ED prefers Y &R. She was there for a very long time, and she has close relationships with the cast. Glad she is back home, even if
she's temporary for now.
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 21 2013, 04:18 PM.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I think ED loves Kristen more and that is why she loves DAYS. but she also loves Y&R because she has many friends there. Her mind is with both soaps!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply