Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Heads Home; Airs week of Feb 25
Topic Started: Feb 19 2013, 11:25 PM (3,563 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

The latest Soap Opera Digest has an article about John's plans to return home.

Stefano taunts John with the news that Brady is moving in with Kristen, and that he (Stefano) will soon be joining them. John is unsettled by the news, and contacts his pilot for a return trip to Salem. John still believes that Kristen is trying to get back at him. Despite the problems they're currently having, John wants to look out for his son.

Meanwhile, Marlena is unable to reach John after Abe urges her to call him. The couple has lost the trust between them, and it's going to take a lot of work to repair it.

For all the details, pick up the latest SOD!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Just don't eff it up, John.

psychofan
Member Avatar
#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!

This sounds a bit anticlimactic..

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

I am for any storyline that has John and Marlena re-connecting. They will be on-screen - and for that, I am grateful. I will certainly not be pushing the envelope for in-character - or even decent - writing.

Thank you, Tomsell, thank you.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

It's interesting that John comes back to save his son from Kristen's clutches and not for Marlena. I guess he's still mad about what she did. So much for Doc's boasts to Kristen about John calling her. They are far from ok. :ermm:

Tammy
Member Avatar

Well that sounds...boring! :shrug:

AFaithL

lysie
Feb 19 2013, 11:25 PM
The couple has lost the trust between them, and it's going to take a lot of work to repair it.

This is bullshit. There's no way in hell that this could cause "trust to be lost".

Fix this mess, writers.

AFaithL

And John has no business still being pissed at Marlena.
Edited by AFaithL, Feb 19 2013, 11:37 PM.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 19 2013, 11:34 PM
lysie
Feb 19 2013, 11:25 PM
The couple has lost the trust between them, and it's going to take a lot of work to repair it.

This is bullshit. There's no way in hell that this could cause "trust to be lost".

Fix this mess, writers.
I totally agree. He went all the way to Italy for WHAT? After everything they have been through this caused a massive loss of trust? He was completely rude today to Marlena. This storyline with these characters in play has the chance to be so much more, I too hope they fix this mess.

michr544125

At least John and Marlena might get a story together trying to rebuild their trust, even if it does make no sense what happened between them to begin with.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

This is ridiculous. Marlena & John have weathered many storms, now suddenly their trust is "lost?" Okay. Whatever. :eyeroll:
Posted Image
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 20 2013, 12:27 AM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Please John and Marlena have been through worse than hurricane Kritter,these writer's don't know shit.

chinkybig

Writers are making John look like the ultimate king of douche. Ugh. What "lost trust"? If any, John should come kneeling from Italy all the way back to Salem, beg and grovel to Doc for what he has done. Geez, is it Marlena's fault that Brady inherited his own father's brain when it comes to Kristen?

And for good measure, I'd like Kristen to marry clueless Brady to eff John even more. Heck, at the way he is acting, I don't mind Marlena leaving Salem for a while till John gets his act together.

mjkiss

though, i think this storyline i trash because crazy could break the trust between them. i'm that john has to work to get back into m's good graces and no the other way around. i hope m is pissed when he comes back home, maybe the locks have been changed, maybe his sh*t is packed up and maybe we get to see her cold and callous. my girl can knock them down, lets rack them up. i love my girl even more when she's bad.

chinkybig

BalscoFan5
Feb 20 2013, 12:26 AM
Please John and Marlena have been through worse than hurricane Kritter,these writer's don't know shit.
Faux Roman, Princess Gina/ Hope, Alex and Robo John came to mind. Heck, they defeated Satan. :D

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

This hot azz mess is petty and silly. Brady isn't a child who can be controlled by his parents, although he's behaving like a niave manchild
regarding Kristen and her trickery. John should be coming home planning to repair his marriage to Marlena, they both should find a way to
bring Kristen down. TPTB are making this issue into something it's not. This hot azz mess is nothing compared to JohDoc history. The writers
need to do their homework and come up with a storyline better than this.
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 21 2013, 01:36 AM.

AFaithL

chinkybig
Feb 20 2013, 12:30 AM
BalscoFan5
Faux Roman, Princess Gina/ Hope, Alex and Robo John came to mind. Heck, they defeated Satan. :D
Which is why they need to be the mature, "stable" couple in Salem. Not running off, walking out, or breaking up. They've been through too much for that. Too many obstacles already. They shouldn't be having marital problems at this stage in life.

Leave them alone, Tomlin.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

AFaithL
Feb 20 2013, 12:46 AM
chinkybig
BalscoFan5
Which is why they need to be the mature, "stable" couple in Salem. Not running off, walking out, or breaking up. They've been through too much for that. Too many obstacles already. They shouldn't be having marital problems at this stage in life.

At this stage in JohnDoc's marriage, this issue shouldn't be an issue at all. It's one of the pettiest storylines tptb have ever come up with for the couple.
It would make sense if JohnDoc joined together to shut Kristen down, instead of this trivial mess. TPTB are trying to turn John into a husband
who doesn't know or understand his wife at all. TPTB need to write better storylines for them, or leave them alone. I'd rather JohnDoc didn't
have a storyline, than this. It's very insulting to their history and to the fans.
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 21 2013, 01:38 AM.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

soapgoddess
Feb 20 2013, 01:10 AM
AFaithL
Feb 20 2013, 12:46 AM
chinkybig
BalscoFan5

At this stage in JohnDoc's marriage, this issue shouldn't be an issue at all. It's one of the pettiest storylines tptb have ever come up with for the couple.
It would make sense if JohnDoc joined together to shut Kristen down, instead of this trivial mess. TPTB are trying to turn John into a husband who
doesn't know or understand his wife at all. TPTB need to write better storylines for them, or leave them alone. I'd rather JohnDoc didn't have a
storyline, than this. It's very insulting to their history and to the fans.
Plus, what is not to understand about the woman who tried to KILL ME is back? The only thing that makes sense is this is the John "after" the head injury thing but this is Days and people get their faces transplanted and come back from the dead so he has ZERO excuse in my book.

AFaithL

John and Marlena should be united. They should have a strong marriage that others emulate. You can't get any worse than defeating Satan...and they did. I just simply do not BUY that after all their years together, having raised 5 kids together, having defeated 500 worse obstacles, that anything or anyone could break them up. Maybe if they were an untested, newbie couple without years of proven history, but not after being together 25 years.

Unrealistic.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply