Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
John Heads Home; Airs week of Feb 25
Topic Started: Feb 19 2013, 11:25 PM (3,494 Views)
Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 20 2013, 01:19 AM
John and Marlena should be united. They should have a strong marriage that others emulate. You can't get any worse than defeating Satan...and they did. I just simply do not BUY that after all their years together, having raised 5 kids together, having defeated 500 worse obstacles, that anything or anyone could break them up. Maybe if they were an untested, newbie couple without years of proven history, but not after being together 25 years.

Unrealistic.
:iagree: :applause:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

What strikes me is that every soap usually has one couple that is solid and the other couples can look up to. With Alice and Tom gone and Bo being invisible this couple should be John and Marlena.

This is petty stupid shit to give them "trust issues" over. They risked their lives for each other countless times in the past two decades, trusting each other with their lives (not to mentions their souls). Yet Marlena knowing that her idot of a stepson was boinking their mortal enemy, and she didn't mention it to John, gives them "trust issues"??? :flipoff:

These writers do excel at character assassination!

KMan101
Member Avatar

Meh. At least Abe is involved! Only thing worth discussing. The breakup was dumb.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

No quotes from any actor? That's interesting. Not surprising, but interesting.

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

John is such a dirk, Kristen got what she wanted which is revenge against John. He is such a fool and Brady is too if he moves in with the wench.

Marlene

JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 19 2013, 11:30 PM
It's interesting that John comes back to save his son from Kristen's clutches and not for Marlena. I guess he's still mad about what she did. So much for Doc's boasts to Kristen about John calling her. They are far from ok. :ermm:

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm glad he's on his way home. I just wish it was for Marlena, and not solely Brady.

lysie
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Feb 20 2013, 07:04 AM
No quotes from any actor? That's interesting. Not surprising, but interesting.
There were. We just have to cut out a lot. The trust thing was part of the one quote from Deidre.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

This is just stupid. After all the shit they've been through, this should not be that significant for them....this just feels stupid.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

The writers would have been better served it J&M were together and battling something neither of them had any level of control over. They've fought Stefano how many times and won. Satan, been there, done that. Sami & her constant blaming John for destroying her family - like she suddenly gives a S about family while dating a DiMera who raped her? But I digress... The thought of giving Marlena breast cancer would be intriguing. No ISA spy gear would help, no way to bring down Stefano & defeat his scheme... No, just John being strong for her - what he does best, and the rest of her family being there for her as well. They could have used this as a vehicle to bring back Belle and Shawn with Claire too. Hell, Stefano could even be a part of it to read to Mar while she slept... But she loses the breast to cancer & she has to go through the self-image issues...will John still love her? Is she still appealing to him? And who's there for her? Sami - who has watched her mom go through all of this & actually matured! Sami goes to John & tells him what's going on...a sort of physician-heal-thyself thing. Mar gets an implant & is cancer free, and now she's able to treat patients who go through these things with first-hand knowledge. J&M re-unite in the shower, on the kitchen table, his desk, her desk, the elevator... There are so many things the writers could have done if they had the guts to do so...but they chose a love-triangle? Meh - it's disappointing to see that NBC & Sony are so sold on TomSell, that a little housewife from MI could out-write them all. I'm not watching unless John and/or Marlena are on, and it's disappointing to see...but I'm holding out hope that they'll get back together.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

See, I think this Kristen/Stefano story could be intriguing if they bothered to do it right. I'd rather have Kristen reveal all to Brady at the wedding, and then she blackmails him by showing him that she has someone watching John & Marlena, and that there are cameras, audio, etc in their house, so they always know what they're saying. They know that John & Marlena are working together on a plan to bring down Kristen and Stefano, and that it won't work because they're a step ahead. If Brady talks, they'll kill J&M. Brady has the threat of his parents being killed, J&M eventually have to figure out that Stefano is watching them, they could enlist Hope as help, and then they try to bring him down. I'm seeing a shower scene where they discuss what to do, after one of them figure out that their house is bugged (ala ALIAS' Sydney telling her fiance that she was CIA)... It's fun for the audience to guess where the story is going. Right now, there's no real investment, everybody KNOWS that Kristen's going to get Brady to the alter eventually and then either way, somebody's unhappy.

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Feb 20 2013, 09:28 AM
The writers would have been better served it J&M were together and battling something neither of them had any level of control over. They've fought Stefano how many times and won. Satan, been there, done that. Sami & her constant blaming John for destroying her family - like she suddenly gives a S about family while dating a DiMera who raped her? But I digress... The thought of giving Marlena breast cancer would be intriguing. No ISA spy gear would help, no way to bring down Stefano & defeat his scheme... No, just John being strong for her - what he does best, and the rest of her family being there for her as well. They could have used this as a vehicle to bring back Belle and Shawn with Claire too. Hell, Stefano could even be a part of it to read to Mar while she slept... But she loses the breast to cancer & she has to go through the self-image issues...will John still love her? Is she still appealing to him? And who's there for her? Sami - who has watched her mom go through all of this & actually matured! Sami goes to John & tells him what's going on...a sort of physician-heal-thyself thing. Mar gets an implant & is cancer free, and now she's able to treat patients who go through these things with first-hand knowledge. J&M re-unite in the shower, on the kitchen table, his desk, her desk, the elevator... There are so many things the writers could have done if they had the guts to do so...but they chose a love-triangle? Meh - it's disappointing to see that NBC & Sony are so sold on TomSell, that a little housewife from MI could out-write them all. I'm not watching unless John and/or Marlena are on, and it's disappointing to see...but I'm holding out hope that they'll get back together.
The way the storyline is written and acted out now, it appears John is jealous of Brady getting busy with Kristen and he is using Marlena's one mistake against her as an excuse. It is sad really. I watched Guiding Light when Reva had breast cancer and her husband was interested in her sister, it was really a powerful story even though breast cancer is such a horrible topic in terms of the pain and emotion associated with the disease. I wonder what would happen if they did give something like this to Marlena. I wish they would employ the old formula of people teaming up against a greater evil.

Brady is a grown man and if he wants to sleep with Kristen, marry her, live with her, make test tube babies with her that is his choice and it seems to pale in comparison with everything else John and Marlena have been through.

Now, if it turns out EJ is back with Daddy and using Sami, AND they are perhaps behind the violence encountered by Eric, then we are back in business . . .

jderoche5
Member Avatar

As much as I can't wait for John to come back to Salem, I am not looking forward to the butcher job the writers are doing on his character. We need new writers...STAT!

CatherineEarnshaw

I think I am back to not watching. just hope that when Days is cancelled J/M are together!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Jarlena survive satan,but cannot survive another version in the form of Kritter.

am103
Member Avatar

Hopefully John coming back will breathe some fresh air into this story. It's losing steam and I don't want it to become boring. I'm also hoping John isn't acting like a jackass when he comes back!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply