Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of March 4th; *updated 2/25*
Topic Started: Feb 20 2013, 01:09 PM (35,056 Views)
JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

ladyofthelake
Mar 3 2013, 08:15 AM
Panda Panda
Mar 2 2013, 09:26 PM

Sami and EJ are more united than ever as they prepare to find a way to deal with Nick. After making love, Sami tells EJ she wants Nick gone. As the lovers discuss scenarios of how to deal with the threat to their family, their scheming acts as an aphrodisiac, leading them to make love yet again.

What IS it about death or the possibility of death that curls those two's toes???? At least it's not grief sex. But, wow. I need to get caught up on clips, pronto. I'm actually intrigued to see how they pull this off.
They are schemers... I expected nothing less from them. :laugh: I'm VERY interested to see how this plays out.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Mar 3 2013, 09:11 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

camera shy
Mar 3 2013, 09:43 AM
Well the ratings ought to go through the roof next week with the hottest couple ever to be seen on daytime having pigsex and scheming. Days, I'm sure you'll get whatever's coming to you for paring a rapist with his victim. And whatever these two idiots come with I'm sure Will wouldn't approve and it's his life they're actually playing games with.
Well, if the history of General Hospital's Luke and Laura are any indication - ratings gold for decades to come.

samwel

Pookie
Mar 3 2013, 10:14 AM
camera shy
Well the ratings ought to go through the roof next week with the hottest couple ever to be seen on daytime having pigsex and scheming. Days, I'm sure you'll get whatever's coming to you for paring a rapist with his victim. And whatever these two idiots come with I'm sure Will wouldn't approve and it's his life they're actually playing games with.
Well, if the history of General Hospital's Luke and Laura are any indication - ratings gold for decades to come.
Did you see the GH 50th anniversary cover of People Mag? guess who was front and center. Beautiful pic, beautiful love story and DOOL now has their own version to a lesser extent. EJAMI have been together a month now and the show is doing just fine, I guess they really are getting what is coming to them in that they are on the right track to remain on the air.

Quote:

They are schemers... I expected nothing less from them. I'm VERY interested to see how this plays out.

I am too, if ever there was a pair to get off on scheming it would be this too, cannot wait to see these scenes :popcorn:

samwel

camera shy
Mar 3 2013, 10:29 AM
Pookie
camera shy
Luke didn't spend years torturing Laura or laugh about another man raping her or ever tell her Lulu had been murdered or force her to telll Lucky she didn't love him. EJ and Sami, are not Luke and Laura.....ratings gold? We'll see.
the so called ratings crash did not happen, the boycotts did not work and I am pretty sure DOOL is well ahead of last year and what those other pairings brought in.

I do not understand the attempt to pin ratings on just one couple though, for the first time in a long time, DOOL is doing umbrella sls and showcasing ensemble storytelling, and I am sure TPTB can see beyond obvious fanwanking.

I am so happy to see the show holding its demos, trending both as a show and with its lead couple and given that shows like B&B are asking their fans to help make them trend and the influence twitter now has, I would say, good job DOOL.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

camera shy
Pookie
camera shy
Luke didn't spend years torturing Laura or laugh about another man raping her or ever tell her Lulu had been murdered or force her to telll Lucky she didn't love him. EJ and Sami, are not Luke and Laura.....ratings gold? We'll see.
I don't get the comparison between these two couples. Apart from the rape they have absolutely nothing in common so why go there to try and justify what's being written for EJ and Sami. The writing is also scrapping the very bottom of the barrel so no matter how 'loving' these two are I will never buy it because of the six years of hell I was forced to witness as they pushed their brand of 'love' and destroying the real love they experienced with others.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Mar 3 2013, 10:38 AM
camera shy
Pookie
camera shy
I don't get the comparison between these two couples. Apart from the rape they have absolutely nothing in common so why go there to try and justify what's being written for EJ and Sami. The writing is also scrapping the very bottom of the barrel so no matter how 'loving' these two are I will never buy it because of the six years of hell I was forced to witness as they pushed their brand of 'love' and destroying the real love they experienced with others.
Dude, I'm neutral on Sami & EJ. All I know is that lots of people seem to love Sami and EJ together. I remember being appalled by Luke and Laura back in the day, but they had LEGIONS of hard core supporters.

spartan
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
camera shy
Pookie
camera shy
I think L&L were brought up because it appeared camera shy was stating that Days would "get whatever's coming to you" for pairing a "rapist and a victim". If that's the basis alone that anyone is using to say it will never work, I can see why someone could point out Luke & Laura as an obvious example to disprove that.

I would agree with you that L&L and E&S are two different stories but that's not how it was brought up.

EJami will never be everyone's cup of tea for whatever reasons, and their history is obviously one of those reasons.

For me, it makes it all the more interesting and I am personally loving it. The network had to realize there was enough support to finally go there with them. How long they do remains to be seen, but I will enjoy the ride for all it's worth after 7 years.

blueskies
Member Avatar

samwel
camera shy
Pookie
camera shy
the so called ratings crash did not happen, the boycotts did not work and I am pretty sure DOOL is well ahead of last year and what those other pairings brought in.

I do not understand the attempt to pin ratings on just one couple though, for the first time in a long time, DOOL is doing umbrella sls and showcasing ensemble storytelling, and I am sure TPTB can see beyond obvious fanwanking.

I am so happy to see the show holding its demos, trending both as a show and with its lead couple and given that shows like B&B are asking their fans to help make them trend and the influence twitter now has, I would say, good job DOOL.
Couples do not make or break ratings. And if they DO, that just means the rest of the show must really suck. Days is firing on all cylinders right now, so imho, whomever she'd be bedding right now, wouldn't make a lick of difference in the ratings.

spartan
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 3 2013, 09:10 AM
ladyofthelake
Mar 3 2013, 08:15 AM
Panda Panda
Mar 2 2013, 09:26 PM

Sami and EJ are more united than ever as they prepare to find a way to deal with Nick. After making love, Sami tells EJ she wants Nick gone. As the lovers discuss scenarios of how to deal with the threat to their family, their scheming acts as an aphrodisiac, leading them to make love yet again.

What IS it about death or the possibility of death that curls those two's toes???? At least it's not grief sex. But, wow. I need to get caught up on clips, pronto. I'm actually intrigued to see how they pull this off.
They are schemers... I expected nothing less from them. :laugh: I'm VERY interested to see how this plays out.
I'm beyond very interested. It's more like, I can't freakin wait! This is how I wanted them written. They are schemers and the fact that they get off on discussing a nefarious plan makes perfect sense to me and the EJami I want to watch.

Cathalina

Laufeyson
camera shy
Pookie
camera shy
Ejami is no Luke and Laura. I can actually give the writers on GH a bit of a pass considering the times. When Luke and Laura happened a lot wasn't known or understood about rape, and even back then the writers had the sense for Luke to give an apology. He was raised in a whore house, and that effected his outlook. Furthermore, Luke devoted himself to Laura and did not continue his victimization of her.

Ejami has none of those things going for it. It's almost 40 years later and women's rights and awareness of rape and its aftermath allegedly have come a long way. EJ did not devote himself to Sami after the rape-he continued to victimise her and she tried to kill him. This is more like Marty/Todd, and even though the network had to step in at least someone over at ABC had decency. Not here, apparently.

As far as the ratings, are they really a barometer of what is right and wrong? If NBC thinks so, so be it. I watch right now for the baby story, ED, and AZ. I ff, through Ejami simply because it sickens me. After seeing people I know deal with sexual assault I cannot even try to watch them.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Mar 3 2013, 11:10 AM
Laufeyson
camera shy
Pookie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepDays, I'm sure you'll get whatever's coming to you for paring a rapist with his victim.As far as the ratings, are they really a barometer of what is right and wrong? If NBC thinks so, so be it. I watch right now for the baby story, ED, and AZ. I ff, through Ejami simply because it sickens me. After seeing people I know deal with sexual assault I cannot even try to watch them.

In real life? No. But to struggling network shows trying to stay afloat? Yes, the ratings are numero uno. Look, I think the Kardashians, Jersey Shore and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo are representations of all that is wrong with celeb culture today, still doesn't stop them from being huge hits and raking in the dough. And as long as that's happening, they're not going anywhere.
Edited by Pookie, Mar 3 2013, 11:22 AM.

samwel

Cathalina
Laufeyson
camera shy
Pookie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepDays, I'm sure you'll get whatever's coming to you for paring a rapist with his victim.
Ejami is no Luke and Laura. I can actually give the writers on GH a bit of a pass considering the times. When Luke and Laura happened a lot wasn't known or understood about rape, and even back then the writers had the sense for Luke to give an apology. He was raised in a whore house, and that effected his outlook. Furthermore, Luke devoted himself to Laura and did not continue his victimization of her.

Ejami has none of those things going for it. It's almost 40 years later and women's rights and awareness of rape and its aftermath allegedly have come a long way. EJ did not devote himself to Sami after the rape-he continued to victimise her and she tried to kill him. This is more like Marty/Todd, and even though the network had to step in at least someone over at ABC had decency. Not here, apparently.

As far as the ratings, are they really a barometer of what is right and wrong? If NBC thinks so, so be it. I watch right now for the baby story, ED, and AZ. I ff, through Ejami simply because it sickens me. After seeing people I know deal with sexual assault I cannot even try to watch them.
its my personal view that morality and so called right and wrong should check themselves at the door when it comes to a soap, because EJ and Sami would not be the only pairing to be off the table, in fact both EJ and Sami would not be fit to be with anyone tbh. EJ is not a monster with Sami and suddenly Mr. Right with say Nicole, or Sami is not a witch with EJ and a damsel with Rafe/Lucas. I find that sort of thing quite hypocritical and transparent. JMO :shrug:

Cathalina

Not so much. On OLTL Todd redeemed himself and had other successful pairings. Same thing here, although EJ actually needs to embrace the fact that he did commit a rape. Probably the best acting Roger Holworth ever did were the episodes where he went to Marty and told her he knew what he did, hated himself for it, and was sorry. Also, there were two story lines where Todd risked himself to save Marty feeling that he owed her. RW also didn't go on record in SOD minimizing the rape and basically making a joke out of it.

Ultimately, the choice whether or not to check morality at the door is individual to each viewer. As a woman I cannot believe that NBC has decided its okay to go there, especially when woman's rights are being called into.question all over the country. I guess I am one of the viewers who simply cannot put my convictions aside when the TV goes on. Honey Boo and The Jersey Shore may not show the best of humanity, but its not glorifying sexual assault either.

Cathalina

samwel
camera shy
Pookie
camera shy

Apparently B&B fans need to discover what some other fans already know-all of this is spammable. Just google it, places will,for a fee, put anything you want in hashtags and tweets and get it trending for you.
Heck, you can even buy views on youtube for videos.
My younger cousin is a fan of a pairing on a CW show and she and her board got together and did this.

Dee-anne

samwel
Mar 3 2013, 11:27 AM
Cathalina
Laufeyson
camera shy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepDays, I'm sure you'll get whatever's coming to you for paring a rapist with his victim.

its my personal view that morality and so called right and wrong should check themselves at the door when it comes to a soap, because EJ and Sami would not be the only pairing to be off the table, in fact both EJ and Sami would not be fit to be with anyone tbh. EJ is not a monster with Sami and suddenly Mr. Right with say Nicole, or Sami is not a witch with EJ and a damsel with Rafe/Lucas. I find that sort of thing quite hypocritical and transparent. JMO :shrug:
I disagree. Morality and right and wrong should definitely remain a part of Soap, but because it is a soap and we know that actors are acting out these stories, it is more acceptable to accept EJ with someone he did not rape, whose child he did not kidnapp and watched her suffer as he kissed her on her forehead, who did not send a stranger in her bed to have sex with her while he laughed and drank with his father as they discussed it. And these are just a few of the things that EJ has done to Sami. There history is long and not a very nice one and it is not somthing we can forget.

For those who were routing for Sami and Rafe as a couple, I am sure their were some who were very upset when Sami cheated on Rafe, especially at a time when he was hard at work trying to find her son for her. I have seen some posters who use to want her with Rafe would now rather they brought someone new on for Rafe because they now believe that Rafe deserves better than Sami.

Morality and right and wrong cannot be ignored, otherwise it would not be a soap worth watching, and there would be absolutely no one to route for, unless you just tune in because you like the look of a person and not care how they behave, and what kind of personality they have.

Edited by Dee-anne, Mar 3 2013, 12:08 PM.

samwel

Cathalina
Mar 3 2013, 12:03 PM
samwel
camera shy
Pookie

Apparently B&B fans need to discover what some other fans already know-all of this is spammable. Just google it, places will,for a fee, put anything you want in hashtags and tweets and get it trending for you.
Heck, you can even buy views on youtube for videos.
My younger cousin is a fan of a pairing on a CW show and she and her board got together and did this.
I am pretty sure DOOL or EJAMI is not trending by paying for it, they actually mark paid trends you know and neither has ever been.

Cathalina

I am not talking about the ones paid for through Twitter itself that they sell to small businesses. These are independent people who offer it, so they are not marked as paid. Not computer savvy, so no clue how they do it, but its done. Heck, my cousin was happy.

samwel

Dee-anne
samwel
Mar 3 2013, 11:27 AM
Cathalina
Laufeyson

I disagree. Morality and right and wrong should definately remain a part of Soap, but because it is a soap and we know that actors are acting out these stories, it is more acceptable to accept EJ with someone he did not rape, whose child he did not kidnapp and watched her suffer as he kissed her on her forehead, who did not send a stranger in her bed to have sex with her while he laughed and drank with his father as they discussed it. And these are just a few of the things that EJ has done to Sami. There history is long and not a very nice one and it is not somthing we can forget.

For those who were routing for Sami and Rafe as a couple, I am sure their were some who were very upset when Sami cheated on Rafe, especially at a time when he was hard at work trying to find her son for her. I have seen some posters who use to want her with Rafe would now rather they brought someone new on for Rafe because they now believe that Rafe deserves better than Sami.

Morality and right and wrong cannot be ignored, otherwise it would not be a soap worth watching, and there would be absolutely no one to route for, unless you just tune in because you like the look of a person and not care how they behave, and what kind of personality they have.

Unless they bring someone new for EJ, then there is no one the so called morality, right and wrong standard can pass with, because Choking a Bitch and almost killing her ass a time or two is just as bad. Like I said, I personally find it hypocritical to try to apply standards to one set and give the other a pass because you like them, easier to check it at the door.

I personally love how DOOL has set up their current sls, no illusions about anyone and FINALLY my girl Sami is back, no longer hiding under the plaid and I cannot wait for her and EJ to do their worse. Seven years in the making and I am going to enjoy every minute of it while it lasts :wub: They are using their past to make them a stronger couple, just last week the attempted murder and hiding of Sydney from EJ was mentioned, how's that for making sure your audience do not forget.
Edited by samwel, Mar 3 2013, 12:14 PM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Dee-anne

Sure they can. I certainly don't watch soaps because I'm interested in the moral lesson, or to root for right vs. wrong. I watch them for pure entertainment. And there's absolutely wrong with that.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Pookie
camera shy
I see they're on the cover of People Magazine. Not bad for a rapist and his victim.

Am I reading a poster above me right. That it was okay to like Luke and Laura before because women weren't as bright and if that's true, shouldn't all those women hate them because they're so much smarter now?
Edited by SpriteEyes, Mar 3 2013, 12:25 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply