Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of March 4th; *updated 2/25*
Topic Started: Feb 20 2013, 01:09 PM (35,623 Views)
ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I see my avatar is coming in handy.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cathalina

Luke and Laura are on the cover as part of the 50th anniversary of General Hospital, not a tribute to them.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 3 2013, 12:18 PM
If we keep going maybe they will bring back the filters. :cheer:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 3 2013, 12:21 PM
ladyofthelake
I already have a new name for Daniel: Dr. Coppertone. Whatcha think?

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Mar 3 2013, 12:19 PM
Luke and Laura are on the cover as part of the 50th anniversary of General Hospital, not a tribute to them.
I'll go out on a limb and say that if you asked 100 people what is the first thing that comes to their mind when someone mentions "General Hospital", I think the majority would say "Luke and Laura".

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 3 2013, 12:23 PM
tomsawyer
ladyofthelake
that works! We really need something good for Abby, since she can't girlfight to save her soul. I'm fresh out.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
tomsawyer
ladyofthelake
I like it!!! I saw a pic and it really does fit.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Mar 3 2013, 12:24 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
tomsawyer
ladyofthelake
that works! We really need something good for Abby, since she can't girlfight to save her soul. I'm fresh out.
One Dollar Baby?

blueskies
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
ladyofthelake
You know, I wasn't going to jump in anymore than my one ratings comment, but now I'm very tempted....those filters were made of awesome.

blueskies
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Cathalina
I'll go out on a limb and say that if you asked 100 people what is the first thing that comes to their mind when someone mentions "General Hospital", I think the majority would say "Luke and Laura".
I honestly forget which show Luke and Laura were on. I've heard of them obviously, but could never tell you which show they were on for the life of me. Personally I would have said "italian mafia show" but maybe that's just me....

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Eric can be Father Fabian. Although his hair's too short.

spartan
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Right. So of all the couples to feature for GH's 50th anniversary, they pick L&L.

A tribute to them in their own right, no? I think that was the point.

Sidenote: I'm kicking myself for getting sucked into this again for the billionth time.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

blueskies
Mar 3 2013, 12:29 PM
tomsawyer
ladyofthelake
You know, I wasn't going to jump in anymore than my one ratings comment, but now I'm very tempted....those filters were made of awesome.
OT: omg, I remember that episode of Passions! That show was so cray. Good times. :D

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

Cathalina
I know that but if society is supposed to be offended you would think they would have been buried in the pages and not on the cover.

I assume the editors believe soap fans are intelligent and respect that.
Edited by SpriteEyes, Mar 3 2013, 12:37 PM.

SpriteEyes
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Mar 3 2013, 12:25 PM
ladyofthelake
JamaicanBeauty7
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
One Dollar Baby?
Golden Circle Girl.

blueskies
Member Avatar

SpriteEyes
Mar 3 2013, 12:39 PM
tomsawyer
ladyofthelake
JamaicanBeauty7

One Dollar Baby?
Golden Circle Girl.
Virgin Misty Circle

Dee-anne

tomsawyer
Mar 3 2013, 12:11 PM
Dee-anne
Mar 3 2013, 12:03 PM
Morality and right and wrong cannot be ignored, otherwise it would not be a soap worth watching, and there would be absolutely no one to route for, unless you just tune in because you like the look of a person and not care how they behave, and what kind of personality they have.

Sure they can. I certainly don't watch soaps because I'm interested in the moral lesson, or to root for right vs. wrong. I watch them for pure entertainment. And there's absolutely wrong with that.
For me it matters. I guess apart from the lack of chemistry that EJ and Sami has, i could not accept these two as a couple after all the things they have done to each other. It is just not believable that they love each other because that is not what love is about.

I use to love Danloe and believed Daniel when he said to Chloe that there was nothing she could do to make him stop loving her. He came across very convincingly because that is the actors job. So, it was very disappointing to find out that he basically lied. He moved on to someone else with such speed, not giving Chloe much thought, even when she became suicidal. I am sure during that time there was some Danloe fans, that became very disappointed with Daniel, because he proved to be not a man of his word. So where once I use to love this pairing, it was completely spoilt by Daniel's behaviour after the reveal. I was looking forward to Chloe coming back so the writers could fix things and put these two back together, but now I just want Chloe to move on.

I think it is totally wrong the way Sami is treating Gabi. Her behaviour towards her is terrible, and I don't think she has a good enough reason for treating her like that.

I guess what I am trying to say is when I watch any show, I have a sense of morality, and a sense of what is right and what is wrong and maybe that is the reason why there is not a lot on this show that I am enjoying and why their is hardly anyone to route for. I have my favorites, like Nicole, but even though Nicole is one of my favorites, I was not enjoying the story she was in when they had her losing her baby and have her chasing Daniel who had no interest in her. I thought that was all kinds of wrong. The story with Eric is much better, but I hope they are not setting her up for a fall, because the writers seem to enjoy having Nicole lose everything she wants.

anya
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
ladyofthelake
JamaicanBeauty7
tomsawyer

One Dollar Baby?
Little Darling?

blueskies
Member Avatar

I still think Abby has re-virginized herself. She def said she slept w/Chad (or alluded to it heavily) & basically criticized Gabi for not having more sex with Will (or any at all at that point).

We should just call her Re-Virgin, Fools Golden Circle, or Pyrite Circle

blueskies
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Mar 3 2013, 12:35 PM
blueskies
Mar 3 2013, 12:29 PM
tomsawyer
ladyofthelake
OT: omg, I remember that episode of Passions! That show was so cray. Good times. :D
:) i watched it earlier today & just had to use it, lol; Eric was just too funny as the telenovela guy. "How could you keep me from the fruit of my loins, my own soooonnnnn". Also, "Bruhaaa"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply