Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of March 4th; *updated 2/25*
Topic Started: Feb 20 2013, 01:09 PM (35,438 Views)
kelly777
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 20 2013, 01:18 PM
uh oh. Roman's first appearance in how long and he's comforting Marlena? :ermm: Just kidding. He's going back into the closet when their one scene is over.
looks like Kristen is trying to get all of the Dimeras back into the mansion. Next up, EJ?
Speaking of EJ, I LOVE that Sami tells him that she wants Nick gone. Please put those words into action!
This is so funny because just today I overheard someone say, "I hope EJ kicks the shit out of Nick!" Thought they must be watching DOOL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Feb 20 2013, 01:14 PM
Go away Fauxman, nobody wants you. Nobody likes you. Nobody.
Not quite true.I like him.I'm glad he is supporting his former wife and mother of two (2) of his children.Marlena needs a friend to support her.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Feb 20 2013, 01:51 PM
Lil
Feb 20 2013, 01:44 PM
After Creamed SPinach Mouth offers Marlena some comforting garbled mess meant to be words, can he please get hit by a train?
Can you please listen to Lil, show? Please? It's for the good of everybody and the disappointment of no one.
I would be disappointed.I like Josh Taylor as Roman.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

MericP
Feb 21 2013, 09:09 AM
The Room Stops
OMG, that's so not true.

It wouldn't be Days for me without a once in a while scene with Josh Taylor. I might be the only one but...I don't want him gone.

As far as story, I can't say I feel much either way about this since I wasn't ever a fan of Marlena or John.

You are not alone.I like Josh Taylor as Roman and would miss him if he was recast,left Salem,or was killed off.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I don't mind Josh Taylor, either. I miss the Chris Kosochek days, but I don't mind him.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Pami
Feb 21 2013, 09:58 PM
I would Love to see Marlena and Roman/Chris get together. I have never cared for John. He acts like a Clint Eastwood wannabe!
Yeah, Marlena had one kiss with Chris and went RUNNING to John, so that'll never happen.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Feb 22 2013, 12:59 AM
The Room Stops
Not quite true.I like him.I'm glad he is supporting his former wife and mother of two (2) of his children.Marlena needs a friend to support her.
I'd rather see Marlena become BFFs with EJ before having a conversation with Fauxman. His entire existence has basically been trying to get in her pants, and that's not what friends do.

Lil
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 20 2013, 05:03 PM
spartan
Feb 20 2013, 04:50 PM
Dazefan4now
Feb 20 2013, 03:22 PM
tomsawyer
Feb 20 2013, 02:39 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Marco :wub2: .
Best minion ever. :wub:
NO!

Early Celeste, Bart & Rolf = best minions of all time!
I miss all three of them sooooo much!!

AFaithL

The Room Stops
Feb 22 2013, 09:30 AM
BeeBee
The Room Stops
I'd rather see Marlena become BFFs with EJ before having a conversation with Fauxman. His entire existence has basically been trying to get in her pants, and that's not what friends do.
Exactly. He's an asshole. Last time he tried to "comfort" Marlena over anything we got....Melaswen. He has never been about trying to be her friend. He always has an alterior motive. Which is to get in her pants. The only time he's been halfway tolerable was when he was with Kate. Otherwise, he's repulsive.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
BeeBee
The Room Stops
I've been watching the show on a daily basis for the last four years and I have never seen Roman direct any romantic behavior toward Marlena during that time.What did I miss.I think the last time I saw anything between then was the time she was pregnant then fell down the stairs causing her to lose the baby although I can't remember the year that happened.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

BeeBee
Feb 22 2013, 06:34 PM
The Room Stops
BeeBee
The Room Stops
I've been watching the show on a daily basis for the last four years and I have never seen Roman direct any romantic behavior toward Marlena during that time.What did I miss.I think the last time I saw anything between then was the time she was pregnant then fell down the stairs causing her to lose the baby although I can't remember the year that happened.
I think his biggest fault is he's not Wayne Northrop. He's not the world's greatest actor, but you're right. it's been a long time since he's done that. That was the JER days. Writers change, and with that, character personalities. That being said, if he goes after Marlena, well..........John and Marlena always need some angst, right?

Cathalina

I don't understand why some think Sami is going to win over Nick outright. I get that she has EJ in her pocket, but between the two of them their schemes have the same success rate as Dr. Doofenschmirtz from Phineas and Ferb. Nick may undo himself, but I am pretty sure even if they seem to win it will blow up in their faces.

Serenity 808

BeeBee
Feb 22 2013, 01:25 AM
MericP
Feb 21 2013, 09:09 AM
The Room Stops
OMG, that's so not true.

It wouldn't be Days for me without a once in a while scene with Josh Taylor. I might be the only one but...I don't want him gone.

As far as story, I can't say I feel much either way about this since I wasn't ever a fan of Marlena or John.

You are not alone.I like Josh Taylor as Roman and would miss him if he was recast,left Salem,or was killed off.
I agree- I actually like Josh Taylor as Roman, too. Of course, that's likely due to the fact that he's the Roman I grew up with. In recent years, Josh Taylor seems to have gotten far less airtime than he did the first several years after he returned, and I kind of miss him.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 22 2013, 06:46 PM
I think his biggest fault is he's not Wayne Northrop. He's not the world's greatest actor, but you're right. it's been a long time since he's done that. That was the JER days. Writers change, and with that, character personalities. That being said, if he goes after Marlena, well..........John and Marlena always need some angst, right?
Then, seriously... send EJ, Nick, Rafe, Chad, Victor or Stefano (preferably him) after Marlena so John has to fight for her. Just... not him. DH has chemistry with anything that walks, except JT.

He's just not Roman. And they keep trying to play on "Oh, Roman never got over Marlena" and he's all moony faced about it... but it doesn't work. First of all, who believes Marlena actually fell in love with that dude? And I'm not talking about looks, I'm talking about this character. The three loves in Marlena's life have ALL had one thing in common... they know how smart she is and they don't back down from a fight. This dude just follows her around and does whatever she asks. Don, Roman and John... do not. It's something that was attractive in all of them. Hell, even Richard had that trait, sort of. Second of all, Josh Taylor and Deidre Hall, do not have any chemistry. None whatsoever. And that pains me, because they do have scenes and I watch her scenes, so believe me, I wish they had some. It made that weak attempt to do some Mike/Marlena tolerable in 1994, it made Craig/Marlena work as friends eventually (despite what he and Nancy did to Carrie and Mike), it's what makes it enjoyable to watch Bo/Marlena despite how badly he treated her in 2000/2001.

And again, it ain't personal, because I've heard nothing but nice things about Josh, and it's not his fault he was miscast.

CatherineEarnshaw

The only Roman I want near Marlena is if Drake takes over the role again. That would be powerful!

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 22 2013, 07:35 PM
I don't understand why some think Sami is going to win over Nick outright. I get that she has EJ in her pocket, but between the two of them their schemes have the same success rate as Dr. Doofenschmirtz from Phineas and Ferb. Nick may undo himself, but I am pretty sure even if they seem to win it will blow up in their faces.
ITA and they don't even need a platypus. The only thing Sami can do is terrorize Gabi and the baby. EJ has not done any plotting really for years, the Rafe cloning was due to Stefano. At this point all EJ can do is recommend a shade of eyeshadow or blush for Nick, hardly a formidable opponent unless he is going to his father for help. EJ is a non-issue in this, he is just there as a prop for Sami.
Edited by Harlee Kin, Feb 23 2013, 01:18 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Feb 23 2013, 09:28 AM
ladyofthelake
Then, seriously... send EJ, Nick, Rafe, Chad, Victor or Stefano (preferably him) after Marlena so John has to fight for her. Just... not him. DH has chemistry with anything that walks, except JT.

He's just not Roman. And they keep trying to play on "Oh, Roman never got over Marlena" and he's all moony faced about it... but it doesn't work. First of all, who believes Marlena actually fell in love with that dude? And I'm not talking about looks, I'm talking about this character. The three loves in Marlena's life have ALL had one thing in common... they know how smart she is and they don't back down from a fight. This dude just follows her around and does whatever she asks. Don, Roman and John... do not. It's something that was attractive in all of them. Hell, even Richard had that trait, sort of. Second of all, Josh Taylor and Deidre Hall, do not have any chemistry. None whatsoever. And that pains me, because they do have scenes and I watch her scenes, so believe me, I wish they had some. It made that weak attempt to do some Mike/Marlena tolerable in 1994, it made Craig/Marlena work as friends eventually (despite what he and Nancy did to Carrie and Mike), it's what makes it enjoyable to watch Bo/Marlena despite how badly he treated her in 2000/2001.

And again, it ain't personal, because I've heard nothing but nice things about Josh, and it's not his fault he was miscast.
Since they are not going to be romantic partners,I don't really need chemistry between Roman and Marlena.I found JT to be acceptable during the safe house junk with Carrie and the others,in the scenes with AS,CM,GG,and JS during the Stefano murder thing,with PR,MBE,PM when they were trying to figure out the situation with Caroline's mental deterioration,with DH when Eric first returned to Salem,Thursday when Eric was hurt,and his occasional scenes with LK.Given JT's limited time on screen, the fact that I was not watching that often while Wayne Northrup was onscreen as Roman,the liklihood of Wayne Northrup returning to Days,I don't have a problem with JT remaining on the show and interacting with other characters as Roman.Just as a matter of curiosity,how long did Wayne Northrup play Roman and how long has Josh Taylor has played Roman?I also only have a vague recollection of Chris Kosticek.How as Josh Taylor as Chris?

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

BeeBee
Feb 23 2013, 01:41 PM
The Room Stops
Feb 23 2013, 09:28 AM
ladyofthelake

Since they are not going to be romantic partners,I don't really need chemistry between Roman and Marlena.I found JT to be acceptable during the safe house junk with Carrie and the others,in the scenes with AS,CM,GG,and JS during the Stefano murder thing,with PR,MBE,PM when they were trying to figure out the situation with Caroline's mental deterioration,with DH when Eric first returned to Salem,Thursday when Eric was hurt,and his occasional scenes with LK.Given JT's limited time on screen, the fact that I was not watching that often while Wayne Northrup was onscreen as Roman,the liklihood of Wayne Northrup returning to Days,I don't have a problem with JT remaining on the show and interacting with other characters as Roman.Just as a matter of curiosity,how long did Wayne Northrup play Roman and how long has Josh Taylor has played Roman?I also only have a vague recollection of Chris Kosticek.How as Josh Taylor as Chris?
And that's why he doesn't bother me. It is what it is, and after more than a decade, it's not going to change. But then again, I'm not heavily invested in the Marlena/John history, either. I still want Marlena with Don Craig :P

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

Monday ("Rushing the Wedding")
Nick suggests to Gabi that they get married sooner than planned; Rafe and Kate get intimate.

Tuesday ("Questions")
Kate wants to know how Rafe feels about their relationship; Nick confides in Gabi about his time in jail.

Wednesday ("Getting Rid of Nick")
Vargas vows to get revenge on Nick; Nicole realizes that Chloe is using her.

Thursday ("Moving In")
Brady tells Victor and Maggie about his new living arrangements; Nancy arrives in Salem determined to help her daughter win Daniel's heart.

Friday ("Stefano Returns")
Stefano returns home; Nancy causes problems for Daniel and Jennifer; Chloe takes advantage of an intoxicated Daniel.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Stefano and Nancy return in the same week? Sweet

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply