Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of March 4th; *updated 2/25*
Topic Started: Feb 20 2013, 01:09 PM (35,597 Views)
Lady Evol
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Feb 24 2013, 04:15 PM
Angie79
Feb 24 2013, 12:53 AM
Monday ("Rushing the Wedding")
Nick suggests to Gabi that they get married sooner than planned; Rafe and Kate get intimate.

Tuesday ("Questions")
Kate wants to know how Rafe feels about their relationship; Nick confides in Gabi about his time in jail.

Wednesday ("Getting Rid of Nick")
Vargas vows to get revenge on Nick; Nicole realizes that Chloe is using her.

Thursday ("Moving In")
Brady tells Victor and Maggie about his new living arrangements; Nancy arrives in Salem determined to help her daughter win Daniel's heart.

Friday ("Stefano Returns")
Stefano returns home; Nancy causes problems for Daniel and Jennifer; Chloe takes advantage of an intoxicated Daniel.

I am not seeing much to like about this show.

I now wish they had not brought Chloe back and I have no interest in her mum coming back on the show to help her scheme to get a man who is not interested in her. Although I find it unbelievable that he is not even shown tempted by Chloe, who is not only beautiful but a sexy woman. To me it is just demeaning to the character to have to take advantage of Dan when he is drunk because she was not getting any headway when he is sober.

I hate the fact that they are destroying another Nicole relationship, her friendship with Chloe. Now they have Chloe using her. They seem to like to destroy anything that is good, especially when it comes to Nicole.

I hate the idea of Eric being a priest, especially if they want something to happen between him and Nicole. It is not much that he can do, so I guess all the fantasising will be left to Nicole. I also hate the fact that she is the one saying that she loves him first. We just had her going on about loving Daniel when he had no interest in her.

I also cannot believe that they will have Brady moving into the Dimera Mansion. What good reason could they possible have for him moving in with Stefano, because he is in love. They really have taken away his brains.

There is really not much, I am liking about the show. I am not really enjoying any of the stories. I enjoy some performances, but the stories are not really good, or seem to be going anywhere. It's just seems like plots on top of plots and, they have turned many into brainless idiots in order to tell them. Chloe is there to cause trouble for Dannifer but not to win out in the end, but in the meanwhile they just have her going from one devious scheme to the next. Personally, I would have rathered a story where Daniel ended it with Jennifer simply because they are so painfully boring as a pairing, and Daniel was the one chasing Chloe, and Chloe giving him an extremely hard time of it.

I hate the way they are writing most of the females on the show and most of the men are not fairing much better. I am definatley not a fan of TomSell's writing or should I say, Ideas.
You know, I agree with you about most of this, especially the Chloe stuff (I'm glad they brought her back but I wish it had been permanently and that Daniel was the one pursuing her) but I'm still enjoying the show a ton more than a few months ago.

Idk... Sometimes I want to yell at the tv "how are you so dumb??" But that's just a soap thing. If everyone was sharp and had a good memory, there wouldn't be drama or drawn out stories.

And weighing in on the Roman subject- JT is the only Roman I've ever known so I like him. I don't know if I'd say he has no chemistry with DH- chemistry is subjective, and they aren't playing them romantically. But maybe I'm prejudiced- growing up, there was a long period that The Hogan Family was my favorite show.
Edited by Lady Evol, Feb 24 2013, 10:08 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

chinkybig

Father of her baby or not, I don't get why Chloe still wants to get it on with Dr. Tan. I kind of wish she would wreak some havoc or stir the pot and come between Brady and Kristen. That would be believable, since Brady and Chloe were actually married, after all.

am103
Member Avatar

chinkybig
Feb 24 2013, 10:15 PM
Father of her baby or not, I don't get why Chloe still wants to get it on with Dr. Tan. I kind of wish she would wreak some havoc or stir the pot and come between Brady and Kristen. That would be believable, since Brady and Chloe were actually married, after all.
Not that I'm defending the storyline, but Chloe was married to Daniel, too.

And I wholeheartedly agree that Chloe should've been brought back to battle Kristen/Brady. Before the details of Nadia's return were spoiled, I pictured in my mind that Nicole or Marlena would be the one to summon Chloe to come back to Salem and "rescue" Brady from Kristen's clutches. Needless to say, I was highly disappointed when Chloe came back to be Dannifer angst, lol. I want Chloe vs. Kristen!

chinkybig

I just want to say my piece about Marlena and Roman:

Nothing against Josh Taylor, but Roman Brady for me will always be Wayne Northrop. I guess it's just a matter of preference. But more than the actor, I actually hate what the writers over the years have bastardized Roman Brady's character. Looking back during the John and Marlena affair, while I wanted to pull my hair out because of Roman's stubborn-ness, pride despite Marlena begging him to give him a second chance, I didn't hate it, simply because that was expected of Roman, and that was how I knew Roman Brady to me all these years (back from when he was married to Anna, then meeting Marlena, and so on...). I didn't have a problem because it was within his character to be angry, stubborn and having too much pride to give the marriage a second chance.

The main problem for me started when Kristen and Stefano brought Roman back "from the dead" to stall John and Marlena's wedding. Again, it's not Josh Taylor's fault that it was a mis-cast, BUT...all that whining, writing the letter giving his blessing to John and Marlena, coming back sick, and openly pining for Marlena when he found out that John and Marlena are a "non-item". Come on. Where was Roman's "pride" in all these? Knowing the Roman from way back, it as big enough for him to write that letter; knowing how he left, he would have come back to Salem if only for his children, not because he wanted to re-kindle something with Marlena.

Fast-forward to all those painful story-lines of John-Gina, Melaswen, etc. These story-lines have made very clear what Roman's role is in this show. While he had a brief relationship with Kate (which was refreshing, btw), it is very clear that he will always be "in the radar" for Marlena, waiting for John to screw up and then have the opportunity to swoop in and make something out of it. Seriously, Marlena wouldn't have had sex with Roman back in Melaswen and even get pregnant with his baby. Just, no. That was a serious offense coming from the writers.

Sorry for the long rant, but it's a definitely exasperating just to even think about how the current writers MAY plan to recycle this path again. Enough is enough. Just make Roman move on, or lose him.

lysie
Member Avatar

Stefano, John, and Nancy all return to Salem.
In between romps, Sami and EJ plot to get rid of Nick.
Sonny and Will realize Nick’s true intentions.
Eric and Hope offer Vargas a place in their prison release program, but he may have a different agenda.
Kayla and Maxine convince Daniel and Jennifer to come to Maxine’s Nurse of the Year party.
Nicole figures out that Chloe is using her.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I don't understand why they are destroying Nicole and Chloe's friendship.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LucasHortonFan
Please write 4 Bryan Dattilo, Give him a love interest.

Nurse of the year party really, anything like Gh's nurses ball?
And Chloe takes advantage of Dr Dan, uhh really? No one takes advantage of Dr Perv.and ick, more Sami and Ej romping, I think I'll pass. Between them and Dannifer they have my worst couple of the year award.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Feb 25 2013, 07:40 AM
Chloe's scheming while Nicole's trying to turn her life around. Not to mention, Chloe's scheming for DANIEL which is half the reason why Nicole's in the position she's in now. Right now, Chloe represents everything Nicole is trying to never be again.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Chloe and Nicole having any sort of friendship is hard to believe in the first place, given that Nicole once tried to kill her.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

LanaluvsBroe
Feb 25 2013, 08:22 AM
Laufeyson
Chloe and Nicole having any sort of friendship is hard to believe in the first place, given that Nicole once tried to kill her.
she did not try to kill chloe but she did put her in danger when she abotaged Chloe's surgery

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Laufeyson
IMHO it needs to happen. There are certain characters on soaps that should NEVER get along if the history has been established. I never brought this friendship between them....flesh eating bacteria and all....

Just like I never brought NIcole and Sami warming up to one another...if Kate and Sami ever get along, I know I've gone into another universe.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I happen to like their friendship since we barely ever see characters being friendly with one another without having ulterior motives. With this show I guess I should not be so surprised since they are bent on destroying pretty much everything.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Quote:

In between romps, Sami and EJ plot to get rid of Nick

Maybe this was what James was talking about in the interview. So. Damn. Good. :cart: I think I've died and gone to heaven.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Feb 25 2013, 09:25 AM.

LanaluvsBroe
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Feb 25 2013, 08:50 AM
LanaluvsBroe
Feb 25 2013, 08:22 AM
Laufeyson
she did not try to kill chloe but she did put her in danger when she abotaged Chloe's surgery
She gave Chloe flesh eating bacteria. That can be fatal, so yes she did try to kill Chloe.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Quote:

In between romps, Sami and EJ plot to get rid of Nick

I cant get pass this spoiler. Didnt even bother reading the rest of the spoilers.
TFP
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Feb 25 2013, 09:33 AM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Bonus, more Maxine! :cart: IDC if we have to have a million nurse parties or have everyone in the hospital. We need to do whatever it takes to get more Maxine. I prefer a s/l but I'll deal with this for now.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

EJami romps and scheming together! One word: Fabulous :)

Lil
Member Avatar

am103
Feb 24 2013, 10:50 PM
chinkybig
Feb 24 2013, 10:15 PM
Not that I'm defending the storyline, but Chloe was married to Daniel, too.

And I wholeheartedly agree that Chloe should've been brought back to battle Kristen/Brady. Before the details of Nadia's return were spoiled, I pictured in my mind that Nicole or Marlena would be the one to summon Chloe to come back to Salem and "rescue" Brady from Kristen's clutches. Needless to say, I was highly disappointed when Chloe came back to be Dannifer angst, lol. I want Chloe vs. Kristen!
Acting-wise...Nadia woul dbe eaten alive by Eileen. lol It would be a huge fail if she tried lol

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Miss Rhi
Feb 20 2013, 01:09 PM
Eric and Hope offer Vargas a place in their prison release program, but he may have a different agenda.
Kayla and Maxine convince Daniel and Jennifer to come to Maxine’s Nurse of the Year party.
Can we NOT see every one of EJami's romps? I'm sure it would be adequate to just have them in bed plotting.

Hope makes an appearance! yay! (i really hope Vargas isn't the mysterious stranger that's supposed to give Hope more to do, though.)

Maxine is "Nurse of the Year"?? I guess we should be glad Mel's gone, or I'm sure it would be Mel who was "Nurse of the Year".

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 25 2013, 07:33 AM
I'm afraid because I like all of this.

ETA : Well aside from the lame Dannifer pimping. I missed that because Maxine's Nurse of the Year party kinda excited me.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Feb 25 2013, 12:38 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply