Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
‘One Life to Live’ Casts Its New Destiny
Topic Started: Feb 20 2013, 04:07 PM (2,388 Views)
WillFan
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Soap Opera Network has learned exclusively that Laura Harrier has been cast in the contract role of Destiny Evans on “One Life to Live.” She replaces Shennell Edmonds, who portrayed the character on the ABC version of the series from 2009-2012. No word yet on who will be portraying the recast version of Matthew Buchanan, last played by Eddie Alderson.

“OLTL” marks Harrier’s first role as a series regular on television.

Harrier is a New York based international model represented by Muse NYC. The Chicago native has shot campaigns for American Eagle, Target, and L’oreal and has been photographed for such magazines as Glamour, Elle, and Cosmopolitan.

As previously reported, Prospect Park is looking to make things a little edgier on their soaps as Destiny seems to be dabbling into the world of Sugar Babies.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/02/exclusive-one-life-to-live-casts-its-new-destiny#more-19813
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I wonder if they'll touch upon Destiny's significant weight loss.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Thanks for posting.

taylore
Member Avatar

She's hot,me likey.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Added a pic of her to the first post that isn't just a head shot.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

LOL Yeah, major weight loss and this girl is 5'10. Shenell Edmonds was 5' exactly. Yikes. Almost feel like they should have just created a new role for this girl and tried harder to find a Destiny. I have no problem with recasting, if you want to go in a different way creatively, but this is nothing like Destiny. Going to be jarring.

LPS
Member Avatar

I'm glad they dropped the first Destiny. She was stiff and made the character annoying. However, I hate how they picked a girl who looks completely different.

hawk_osu
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Feb 20 2013, 04:10 PM
They are going to have to address the weight loss!! They would be stupid not too.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

This recast is just about up there with Blair.

run to me
Member Avatar

Wow, Destiny. I know you've been MIA for a year but you've lost the weight and grew taller. lmao.

TFP btw. LOL

Tammy
Member Avatar

This is just stupid lmao.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lol It is so stupid that its funny. Destiny isn't that important to me so I don't REALLY care, but its just the principle of it.

Errol Lewis of Soap Opera Network tweeted a developing story that Prospect Park has inked a deal with a current member of CBS Daytime. Most people are guessing Jacob Young, but no one has said anything. We've already heard that they were going to recast JR because JY wasn't available. Who knows? This stuff has to be worked out soon because shooting is about to start. Crazy how little info we are actually getting from the source.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

It's been a year and she got a lap band. Honestly, who cares? It's the least of the Destiny problems. If this one can even slightly act it's an upgrade.
Edited by Drew, Feb 21 2013, 04:17 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

DrewHamilton
Feb 20 2013, 08:56 PM
Obese isn't a race.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 21 2013, 04:25 AM
DrewHamilton
Feb 20 2013, 08:56 PM
Obese isn't a race.
It isn't just about the weight. The bitch will has gotten quite taller as well.

lili
Member Avatar

LPS
Feb 20 2013, 06:55 PM
I'm glad they dropped the first Destiny. She was stiff and made the character annoying. However, I hate how they picked a girl who looks completely different.
ITA I couldn't stand SE as Destiny she was a horrible actress and never got better and I didn't for a hot minute think Matthew was ever into her.

naptown
Member Avatar

That's because the actor who played Matthew wasn't a very good actor either. It's no wonder they had no chemistry. Are they recasting Matthew too? No offense to the Aldersons, but it annoys me how both Eddie and his sister Kristen over-act every scene they are in, making their characters come off angry and confrontational all the time. You'd think with all the years KA has been working as Starr she'd be a little better by now.

LPS
Member Avatar

I thought Alderson sucked in the role at first, but he improved immensley over the years and he was WAY better at acting than SE.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Drew
Feb 21 2013, 04:16 AM
It's been a year and she got a lap band. Honestly, who cares? It's the least of the Destiny problems. If this one can even slightly act it's an upgrade.
THANK YOU!

I do admit the height and weight is ... hard to forget, honestly. IDK. I'll wait and see.

And honestly, I feel like it could be Jacob Young. Supposedly people from the AMC events they've been doing have been saying Jacob wanted to return to wrap up the character, I guess, and CBS said no to letting him do both.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

hawk_osu
Feb 20 2013, 07:18 PM
DrewHamilton
Feb 20 2013, 04:10 PM
They are going to have to address the weight loss!! They would be stupid not too.

I'm sure drug dependency will be the reason for this.

And since Nora has already gone down this route before (with daughter Rachel Gannon circa 1996), Hillary B. Smith might feel a little deja vu. That is if Smith and the NuDestiny interact a lot.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply