Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
‘One Life to Live’ Casts Its New Destiny
Topic Started: Feb 20 2013, 04:07 PM (2,664 Views)
WillFan
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Soap Opera Network has learned exclusively that Laura Harrier has been cast in the contract role of Destiny Evans on “One Life to Live.” She replaces Shennell Edmonds, who portrayed the character on the ABC version of the series from 2009-2012. No word yet on who will be portraying the recast version of Matthew Buchanan, last played by Eddie Alderson.

“OLTL” marks Harrier’s first role as a series regular on television.

Harrier is a New York based international model represented by Muse NYC. The Chicago native has shot campaigns for American Eagle, Target, and L’oreal and has been photographed for such magazines as Glamour, Elle, and Cosmopolitan.

As previously reported, Prospect Park is looking to make things a little edgier on their soaps as Destiny seems to be dabbling into the world of Sugar Babies.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/02/exclusive-one-life-to-live-casts-its-new-destiny#more-19813
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

DrewHamilton
Feb 21 2013, 05:52 AM
Drew
Feb 21 2013, 04:25 AM
DrewHamilton
Feb 20 2013, 08:56 PM
This recast is just about up there with Blair.
Obese isn't a race.
It isn't just about the weight. The bitch will has gotten quite taller as well.
This is like saying Chandler Massey can't play will because the twins and Harry Styles lookalike before him all had brown hair.

darraholic
Member Avatar

KMan101
Feb 21 2013, 02:29 PM
CBS said no to letting him do both.
LoL I find that hilarious considering DAYS has let CBS use Lauren Koslow & Eileen Davidson.

darraholic
Member Avatar

I don't have a problem with the new actress. The original was awful. Plus, people lose and gain weight all the time. It's not like they cast Molly Burnett as Destiny.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

WillFan
Feb 20 2013, 04:07 PM
.. the fuck? This is Destiny? :drunk:

KMan101
Member Avatar

I don't think it was posted here but they cast AMC's Miranda, too. It wasn't "confirmed" by PP though.

So far I like the looks of who they are going for for the parts. I can't explain it but they seem somewhat different than the usual soap hires.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Shenell Edmonds said on FB that they did ask her to join, but they couldn't accommodate her school schedule. So she politely declined!

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Oh come on now, the original girl that played Destiny wasn't that big. Yes, she had some weight on her, but I would never call her obese. Regardless, I find this complete 180 on the look of Destiny rather amusing. The new actress is like a foot taller and rail thin. Couldn't they have found someone a little shorter with some curves?

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

Tammy
Feb 22 2013, 06:09 PM
Shenell Edmonds said on FB that they did ask her to join, but they couldn't accommodate her school schedule. So she politely declined!
Stay in school kid, acting's not for you.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply