Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide interview with Eileen Davidson
Topic Started: Feb 20 2013, 10:28 AM (2,319 Views)
Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Eileen-Davidson-The-Young-And-The-Restless-Return-1061207.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Y&RWorldTurner
Feb 20 2013, 10:28 AM
*Sigh*. She definitely prefers Y&R.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 20 2013, 10:43 AM
Y&RWorldTurner
Feb 20 2013, 10:28 AM
*Sigh*. She definitely prefers Y&R.
Honestly I wouldn't blame her if she did.

six
Member Avatar

Maybe I missed something, but I didn't read anything that made her preference clear. She's given similar interviews about Days.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

She prefers Y&R. Its beyond obvious and it always has been. Kristen is the far more interesting character and it gives her something new to do, but her heart has always been with Y&R. If they wrote for Ashley even remotely as much as Kristen it would be a no-contest. She has more friends and life-long relationships with people on that show.

I much prefer her on DAYS, but I don't really watch Y&R and Ashley has been boring for YEARS, but not always. She used to be a really great character, but nothing like Kristen ever. If she could pick one I don't think it would take her longer than 5 minutes to make that decision. I'm happy that its only 3 episodes so far, hope it stays that way.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Panda Panda
Feb 19 2013, 01:48 PM
Sony wants ED on Days more. Initially she was supposed to be shared between the two shows but Y&R refused to share and Sony ended ED's contract with Y&R.

If Y&R wants ED back for more than a guest spot then they're going to have to share her with Days.
It's quite shocking actually that Y&R was not willing to share, yet DAYS was....Y&R really gambled in that and ended up losing her completely.

Serenity 808

I can see why ED would like it at Y&R, since her character has such a long history with the show and that Y&R generally has (or used to have) more talented actors than Days, but it seems these days you only hear about all the drama behind-the-scenes at Y&R, along with all the cliques. In contrast, all the actors on Days seem to have a lot more fun and seem to all get along really well.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Serenity 808
Feb 20 2013, 08:47 PM
I can see why ED would like it at Y&R, since her character has such a long history with the show and that Y&R generally has (or used to have) more talented actors than Days, but it seems these days you only hear about all the drama behind-the-scenes at Y&R, along with all the cliques. In contrast, all the actors on Days seem to have a lot more fun and seem to all get along really well.
lol, well they all seem to get along since the "incident" with a certain someone no longer on the show.

That pic of KA eating that cupcake still cracks me up :lol:

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

The interview really does make it sound like she prefers y&r over days. But kristen is far more interesting than ashley has ever been

chinkybig

blueskies
Feb 20 2013, 10:50 PM
Serenity 808
Feb 20 2013, 08:47 PM
lol, well they all seem to get along since the "incident" with a certain someone no longer on the show.

That pic of KA eating that cupcake still cracks me up :lol:
....wait, what incident?

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I think ED loves Kristen more but loves Y&R because she has many friends there. Her mind is with both!

Y&R should "thanks" DAYS for this!
Edited by Dreamy, Feb 21 2013, 02:18 AM.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Cool for Elieen to go to Y & R and play her second character, in fact I think soaps would win a lot on being able to borrow actors from each other to different sl, it could raise the quality on soaps if they could stick with Attractive and popular actors in their stories, addition, the top actors would be able to work a little wider if a story ends, the next take on another soap, etc.
Edited by The Scorpion, Feb 21 2013, 08:47 AM.

naptown
Member Avatar

Yeah, what incident? And can you repost the pic of KA with the cupcake?

blueskies
Member Avatar

Pics and some story here. I wont get into the whole thing but basically though there was a twitter debacle with CC after she was fired (though a "media" person started it, calling KA some names) and it ended with these:

http://www.divaofdool.com/2011/09/cc-fans-v-kristian-alfonso-twitter-war.html

I imagine a search of this site would pull up the whole thing.

King
Member Avatar

I didn't pick up on a preference.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Dreamy
Feb 21 2013, 02:17 AM
I think ED loves Kristen more but loves Y&R because she has many friends there. Her mind is with both!

Y&R should "thanks" DAYS for this!
Yes, Y&R should lend their wardrobe + Hair/Makeup people to days for a couple of episodes. : D

King
Member Avatar

The hair department on DAYS is a mess.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

They really are. It's like they're not even trying anymore

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

^ Agreed and Sami's "tap dancer" bun on today's show is clear evidence of just how pathetic the hair department actually is in their efforts!
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 21 2013, 01:40 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I'm convinced that the Hair and Makeup department has it out for AS and MS, AS especially. She almost always looks terrible

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply