Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide interview with Eileen Davidson
Topic Started: Feb 20 2013, 10:28 AM (2,417 Views)
King
Member Avatar

All the girls' hair is awful, except Suzanne Rogers and Kristian Alfonso. And Kate Mansi and Camila, I guess, but they usually wear theirs straight and nice, so it's hard to fuck that up.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

King
Feb 21 2013, 01:53 PM
All the girls' hair is awful, except Suzanne Rogers and Kristian Alfonso. And Kate Mansi and Camila, I guess, but they usually wear theirs straight and nice, so it's hard to fuck that up.
Suzanne wears a wig doesn't she? It just keeps getting bigger and bigger lol.

I disagree. Days hair team cannot do straight hair. ED, AZ, and AS all look ridiculous when they have their hair straight for their scenes. I honestly think that Camila and Kate Mansi do their on hair sometimes.

King
Member Avatar

Well, I don't really know anything about hair. LOL. I just know what I like. I usually like theirs. It could be a mess for all I know. hahaha.

OMG, it's a wig? Had no idea. It does keep getting bigger!

Graceland
Member Avatar

I love Eileen's hair on the show. I almost feel as though the show wouldn't let Kristen have short hair, although if Eileen decided to cut it, they couldn't do a thing about it. The long hair though gives her a kind of larger-than-life, diva appearance. We always saw the character with beautiful long locks. When I think of Ashley, there I can see the character having short hair again. Yes, I know this may come across as a weird comment (it's just hair), but characters do have a certain image. Many people had a sigh of relief when the press photo of Eileen in the blood red dress came out after that t-shirt and jeans shot was released. People said "Now, that's Kristen!"

I LOVED Kristen's crimped-style hairdo back during her confronting John, admitting that she was using Brady to get back at him. Funnily enough, I think a few of the other characters were sporting that do too. I didn't like her hair when she first came back to the show. It was so over-processed and dry-looking. Totally boring. But hey, anything is better than Missy Reeves' hair on the show. WOW! She really pissed her hairstylist off. lmao

Quote:

I think ED loves Kristen more but loves Y&R because she has many friends there. Her mind is with both!

Y&R should "thanks" DAYS for this!

Abso-freaking-lutely! You are so right.

I too think Eileen has a lot of friends on Y&R, but she had absolutely nothing to do for so many years, and that was not going to change. She may love the people there, but she definitely couldn't have loved the material she was getting. She definitely loves the material Days is giving her. If she can do what she's doing now, Days full-time, and a few appearances on Y&R off and on, she'll be more than satisfied. Everyone would be happy and fulfilled. Just is all theoretical mind you. I didn't somehow manage to ask Eileen. :wub2:

BTW, must be a nice bonus paycheck. Doin' a little overtime.
Edited by Graceland, Feb 22 2013, 07:28 AM.

AFaithL

Mitchapalooza
Feb 20 2013, 12:33 PM
Panda Panda
Feb 19 2013, 01:48 PM
Sony wants ED on Days more. Initially she was supposed to be shared between the two shows but Y&R refused to share and Sony ended ED's contract with Y&R.

If Y&R wants ED back for more than a guest spot then they're going to have to share her with Days.
It's quite shocking actually that Y&R was not willing to share, yet DAYS was....Y&R really gambled in that and ended up losing her completely.
When I think of CBS/Y&R, two words pop in my mind: Smug and Entitled. Oh, and pompous. Make that three.

I remember, they wouldn't even let ED reprise Susan in a phone call last year during that ridiculous storyline about EJ's paternity. They refused to loan her to Days for ONE single day. I find that very arrogant and childish of them.

I hope Sony stays on top of things and doesn't let CBS bully them. They'd love nothing more than to poach her back full-time and have her drop Days completely. Not because they give a damn about writing for Ashley. But simply to "stick it" to Days. I find them mean-spirited that way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply