Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Thursday, February 21st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 21 2013, 09:14 AM (9,159 Views)
blueskies
Member Avatar

I'm so glad my mother isn't as bipolar as Sami. She makes me so thankful sometimes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Feb 21 2013, 06:51 PM
Don't worry EJ will be on tomorrow most likely holding Sami's purse and telling all those mean boys not to pick on his poor widdle helpless girlfriend.
Only for a minute and only if he's a good boy. His balls are in there and Sami won't let him spend too much time with them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 21 2013, 06:45 PM
Yeah. EJ not being on enough is definitely a problem Days has. :eyeroll:
At least for me :) I do not find boring characters entertaining: And also if any of these uninteresting have a lot of screen time, I see it as a problem for Days, maybe it's that I think that with today's offer of soaps and TV series so should Days understand that what sells today for most viewers, and it is not dull and not charisma in terms of characters, but this is only my opinion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Feb 21 2013, 07:06 PM
lysie
At least for me :) I do not find boring characters entertaining: And also if any of these uninteresting have a lot of screen time, I see it as a problem for Days, maybe it's that I think that with today's offer of soaps and TV series so should Days understand that what sells today for most viewers, and it is not dull and not charisma in terms of characters, but this is only my opinion.
No one finds boring characters entertaining. We just all have different opinions on who is boring.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

:lol: I can't tell if Will is more shocked to learn Sami was apologizing or that Gabi is cramping & possibly going into labor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sweet and Salty

blueskies
Feb 21 2013, 06:42 PM
Sami's super annoying and would be this way no matter who Gabi were engaged to, or even if she was single. #TeamNick I really hope crazy eyes gets one over on her. I do feel bad Will has to be a casualty in that.
Who's "crazy eyes"? Nick? Or our church robber? Oh wait...that's "crazy hair"! Seriously, who's "crazy eyes"?
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Sweet and Salty
Feb 21 2013, 07:18 PM
blueskies
Sami's super annoying and would be this way no matter who Gabi were engaged to, or even if she was single. #TeamNick I really hope crazy eyes gets one over on her. I do feel bad Will has to be a casualty in that.
Who's "crazy eyes"? Nick? Or our church robber? Oh wait...that's "crazy hair"! Seriously, who's "crazy eyes"?
Nick
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

Sweet and Salty
Feb 21 2013, 06:41 PM
AHM
Feb 21 2013, 03:51 PM
lysie
Feb 21 2013, 02:08 PM
Panda Panda
Feb 21 2013, 01:32 PM
I miss when Will hated Sami. Can they bring that back?
I will NEVER understand why this show insists on only letting him hate her for a few months at a time. Especially now that Ejami are together, he should be a constant thorn in their side. But they insist on sucking all the drama and angst that would make sense.
This points toward the major problem I'm seeing with Days, specifically the problem I see with romance on the show. I think the romance is dull because the show fears asking ME! to root for couples with some real drama potential. They try to make the couples rootworthy by not giving them any conflict of substance. Of course I would point to Dannifer as the poster child for this kind of lackluster romance. We were refused a real Jack and Jennifer story with some internal sources of angst, and now we are back to Dannifer, and it's, "Root for them; we're telling you to. They're the good guys. See, Maggie says so. And Chloe's evil now." It was a similar situation with Days trying to push dull Safe for so long. But that's why I think what they've done with EJami is a shame too. Now, that was a pair with some hurdles, but the show seems to want to sweep the hurdles away, so Will's gotta support Sami (and rape and bullets to the head are given only a nod). Don't sweep it away, Days, use it! If the show can't have some faith that ME! will root for a couple with big odds against them, maybe that's a sign that the couples the show is creating are weak, although I actually think Ejami had a lot of power, considering the way people have held onto them through some very poor writing, but the show didn't even try to test it, and I feel like Ejami's been turned into just another couple. I guess Brady/Kristen might have some real internal conflict, but to me, Brady's such a nothing of an interchangeable male that it doesn't matter. I think there's some hope for Eric and Nicole because they've got a built in source of conflict that doesn't really test ME! in ways the show seems afraid to test us. I hope that was coherent, and this is, admittedly, based on extremely limited viewing, as I really don't watch regularly anymore, because the show doesn't make me care about the characters. In fact, it's actually gotten me to stop caring about characters whom I have loved. Eric and Nicole sound like the most promising thing though. I think the show kinda wasted Ejami.
:shrug: ME!??
Oh, I assume that was Daytime Royalty editing my post not to speak for other viewers. Sorry about the confusion. I should have worded things more carefully.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Romancer66

PatNS
Feb 21 2013, 02:59 PM

Jen is asking far too much of Dan but she's dead right about Chloe ... Dan will figure that out when he's walking down the aisle to remarry Chloe asking himself how he got here.
I can't see Daniel as a victim, ever. If, in the unlikely event that he does end up at the altar with Chloe again, it'll be because he chose to put himself there. Just as he chose to have sex with Nicole and help her cover up her son's paternity. Just as he chose to compete with Jack for Jen's love. Just as he chose to pursue Chloe when she was engaged to Lucas. For all the coddling he receives from the women in his life, Daniel's a grown-ass man, and it's time he took the heat for his own decisions. Jen-Jen's running around like a chicken with its head cut off, trying to "save" him from wicked, scheming hussies like Nicole and Chloe :rolleyes: is beyond ridiculous and just makes her look controlling, presumptuous, and obsessed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

AHM
lysie
Panda Panda
I will NEVER understand why this show insists on only letting him hate her for a few months at a time. Especially now that Ejami are together, he should be a constant thorn in their side. But they insist on sucking all the drama and angst that would make sense.
This points toward the major problem I'm seeing with Days, specifically the problem I see with romance on the show. I think the romance is dull because the show fears asking ME! to root for couples with some real drama potential. They try to make the couples rootworthy by not giving them any conflict of substance. Of course I would point to Dannifer as the poster child for this kind of lackluster romance. We were refused a real Jack and Jennifer story with some internal sources of angst, and now we are back to Dannifer, and it's, "Root for them; we're telling you to. They're the good guys. See, Maggie says so. And Chloe's evil now." It was a similar situation with Days trying to push dull Safe for so long. But that's why I think what they've done with EJami is a shame too. Now, that was a pair with some hurdles, but the show seems to want to sweep the hurdles away, so Will's gotta support Sami (and rape and bullets to the head are given only a nod). Don't sweep it away, Days, use it! If the show can't have some faith that ME! will root for a couple with big odds against them, maybe that's a sign that the couples the show is creating are weak, although I actually think Ejami had a lot of power, considering the way people have held onto them through some very poor writing, but the show didn't even try to test it, and I feel like Ejami's been turned into just another couple. I guess Brady/Kristen might have some real internal conflict, but to me, Brady's such a nothing of an interchangeable male that it doesn't matter. I think there's some hope for Eric and Nicole because they've got a built in source of conflict that doesn't really test ME! in ways the show seems afraid to test us. I hope that was coherent, and this is, admittedly, based on extremely limited viewing, as I really don't watch regularly anymore, because the show doesn't make me care about the characters. In fact, it's actually gotten me to stop caring about characters whom I have loved. Eric and Nicole sound like the most promising thing though. I think the show kinda wasted Ejami.
I wish that the writers would've made the obstacle to Ejami getting together this January their own past issues (lord knows they have enough of them), rather than Ejamafe v. 3.0. To me, that would've been a much more powerful way to get them to "lock, stock and barrel" rather than another round of the triangle that seemed stale three years ago. But I guess that's over and done with. Going forward, I'm hoping they use parental disapporoval to at least create some interesting conflict with Ejami and maybe even some conflict that forces them to flesh out some of their past crimes against each other. Overcoming their history can and should be a way to make them a more interesting and stronger couple. I'm not holding my breath though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

EJ NOT being on constantly,like he usually is makes my day.:)
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Panda Panda
Feb 21 2013, 01:10 PM
I love Abby, but this virgin storyline is horrible
Why does Abby think she needs to talk to Cameron about this now? She should talk to him in private when they are alone and will not be interrupted by other people. I do not understand why these people feel they need to discuss private matters in a public place.
Edited by kay, Feb 21 2013, 08:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AHM

tomsawyer
Feb 21 2013, 07:50 PM
AHM
lysie
Panda Panda
I wish that the writers would've made the obstacle to Ejami getting together this January their own past issues (lord knows they have enough of them), rather than Ejamafe v. 3.0. To me, that would've been a much more powerful way to get them to "lock, stock and barrel" rather than another round of the triangle that seemed stale three years ago. But I guess that's over and done with. Going forward, I'm hoping they use parental disapporoval to at least create some interesting conflict with Ejami and maybe even some conflict that forces them to flesh out some of their past crimes against each other. Overcoming their history can and should be a way to make them a more interesting and stronger couple. I'm not holding my breath though.
Exactly. It would have been much more powerful. I think they're afraid to risk it. Going forward, I think they've already lost some of what they could have had, but maybe they'll tap into it. Yeah, I find holding my breath with this show can be hazardous to my health.
Edited by AHM, Feb 21 2013, 08:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 21 2013, 02:00 PM
OMG! I loved that cliffhanger ending! Yes, Sami was wrong to go back in to see Gabi, but she really didn't do anything wrong beyond that. She didn't say anything out of line to Gabi, but BOY will no one believe that. "The Baby Won't Survive!" What a Friday cliffhanger -- ON THURSDAY!
Sami had no business going into the room knowing that her behavior upset Gabi causing a medical emergency.I don't blame Gabi for panicking on waking and seeing Sami.
I can't remember the last time Sami has seen Gabi without walking up on her while yelling at her and calling her names.Sami may start off apologizing but based on her past behavior it would not be long before she started gettintg all aggressive making it all about how she was wronged by everyone lying to her, how she is only looking out for Wiill,and how she was not going to allow Gabi to keep Will out of his daughter's life even though Gabi has made it perfectly clear she wants Will to be a part of the baby's life.If Sami truly cared about the baby and Will she would have put Gabi and the baby's welfare about what she wanted to do to make herself feel better.I actually wished Arianna was alive so she could punch that bitch in the face.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

lysie
Yep! Is for me! I can't stand the Dannifer crap, Ericole is hit and miss for me, and Rafe/wabi/Will against Sami just doesn't cut it for me. I don't want Ej to be on to be around Sami that's for sure, but he needs to be scheming in some storyline. I miss the pretty.
Online Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 21 2013, 07:26 PM
Sweet and Salty
Feb 21 2013, 07:18 PM
blueskies
Nick
that reminds me, i miss the filters. A couple in particular....
Offline Profile Goto Top

uclan
Member Avatar

I want Jen to go bat shit crazy like her mom. her obsession with protecting daniel is.....
Offline Profile Goto Top

peaches179

TreasureCove
Feb 21 2013, 07:02 PM
guessgirl
Feb 21 2013, 06:51 PM
Don't worry EJ will be on tomorrow most likely holding Sami's purse and telling all those mean boys not to pick on his poor widdle helpless girlfriend.
Only for a minute and only if he's a good boy. His balls are in there and Sami won't let him spend too much time with them.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Sweet and Salty
Feb 21 2013, 03:26 PM
cord08
Feb 21 2013, 01:46 PM
BB and CM are sporting some intense eyes today.
Chandler? And who's BB?
Nick played by Blake Berris
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

blueskies
Feb 21 2013, 06:55 PM
It's too bad Will's too much of a wuss to cut Sami out of his life; sometimes i think Will would be better off with the black plague and untreatable syphillis.
What did he ever do to you?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic