Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: Jack Wagner Interview
Topic Started: Feb 21 2013, 06:36 PM (1,949 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Wagner's World

Q: Why now?

JW: Mostly the 50th. It was a way to honor GH since it launched his career.

Q: Have your kids watched you and Kristina on GH?

JW: They're more interested in their own lives.

Q: What was it like to be back at the studio?

JW: Positive and hopeful. Connect with Robin M, Lynn H, Tony G, make-up people, and the crew right away. Finally met Frank V in person after many phone calls.

Q: How was it working with Kristina again?

JW: First day with Kristina and JJY was a bit strange and uncomfortable. He thinks they were all nervous, but wanted it to be special.

Q: How long are you back?

JW: Limited run. That's how they've chosen to do it.

Q: You're a social media man because of Twitter.

JW: He was told by producers that he had to do it when he was on DWTS. He tries to use it as a safe place for people to share their struggles with alcohol, drugs, etc... He also uses it to educate about his cause, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

Q: What made you decide to be open about your sobriety?

JW: During recovery, he found he got better when he gave back to others and helped others get well.

Q: how long have you been sober?

JW: over 7 years and 5 years in Al-Anon

Q: About NLG's tweet...

JW: At times, we all put our foot in our mouth, unintentionally or not. Sometimes Twitter makes people feel entitled. He doesn't think anyone should use Twitter or anything else to verbally abuse or criticize anyone. This isn't specifically about Nancy. His only response to that is to just say, "Sorry you feel the way you feel. I'm not sure if you understand that it's a sensitive issue. All the best to you." He has talked to Nancy since then. She apologized and they've cleared the air.

Q: You went public about your surprise daughter

JW: He realized the strength and courage it took for her to find her mother and father. He thought she was very articulate when she said "Make sure you're ready, because it's not always a happy ending. You have to be strong and you have to be emotionally ready." in response to an audience question during DWTS.

Q: It kinda mirror the Maxie and Frisco relationship in a strange way

JW: He was holding back tears during scenes with Kirsten S because it brought up so much raw emotion. Kristina was the first person that he called when his daughter found him, so it's all raw and real.

Q: Your relationships have become tabloid fodder at times.

JW: That happened a lot while he was with Heather Locklear. You have to learn how to let stuff go because you can't address everything. You just have to get through the week because next week it'll be someone else on the cover.

Q: You left B&B last year

JW: He has nothing but great things to say about B&B and Brad Bell, a close friend of his. The last couple of years were a struggle to come up with story for Nick, but that happens when you're with a show for a while. He thinks they made a shift to the younger group of actors on the show, but he doesn't blame them for that. They were paying him, Susan F, Ron M a lot money, and shifting the story to the younger actors that make less is a survival technique and you've got to do what you've got to do.

Q: Your focus is on GH now

JW: He loves to collaborate, get notes, and to feel as if a scene is fleshed out even though they work quickly. He gives credit to Frank V becuase he is the driving force behind the creative resurgence. Everyone he's in contact with is thrilled and inspired and enthused about GH.

Sidebar - they are talking about him singing at the Nurse's Ball.

SNS
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

titan1978
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting. His scene with Britt was the only spark of Frisco I have seen so far.

What is he talking about in regards to Nancy Lee Grahn? I must have missed it.

Nate
Member Avatar

^ Yeah, what was her tweet?

~bl~
Member Avatar

She made some comment comparing him to someone else as a drunk version and since Jack is in recovery he was not happy.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Thanks for posting Miss Rhi.
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 21 2013, 07:59 PM.

happy
Member Avatar

I don't think JW has been sucky as an actor. I'm not rooting for his character, because I'm Team Mac, but I think JW has been doing a good job. Better than KW.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

IMO JW acting is overrated. His acting isn't terrible, however it's not spectacular either.

happy
Member Avatar

I don't think JW was ever celebrated as a great actor. Am I wrong? I always thought he was popular because he was a hottie when he was young.

happy
Member Avatar

~bl~
Feb 21 2013, 07:40 PM
She made some comment comparing him to someone else as a drunk version and since Jack is in recovery he was not happy.
I get the sense she tweets too much and often sticks her nose in where it's not needed.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

happy
Feb 21 2013, 08:34 PM
I don't think JW was ever celebrated as a great actor. Am I wrong? I always thought he was popular because he was a hottie when he was young.
I somewhat agree with you, back in the day JW was celebrated because he was a hottie, but also some of it was his acting, too. He was the fine young
actor at GH, similar to Luke Spencer--sexy, witty, and adventureous. Many fans thought he was awesome-- imo not so much. His acting is good and entertaining, that's it.
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 21 2013, 09:07 PM.

happy
Member Avatar

Oh, well I never thought he was a great thespian, so I'm not disappointed. I think he's better than a lot of soap actors.
Edited by happy, Feb 21 2013, 08:50 PM.

Anon

titan1978
Feb 21 2013, 06:49 PM
Thanks for posting. His scene with Britt was the only spark of Frisco I have seen so far.

What is he talking about in regards to Nancy Lee Grahn? I must have missed it.
NLG was tweeting during the Golden Globes and said "Does anyone else think Bon Jovi looks like a less drunk Jack Wagner?" Guess he didn't like that too much since he's a recovering alcoholic.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Watch him on Melrose Place, I don't know how anyone can say his acting is overrated ;)

I thought he was only on for 10 eppys, they haven't even filmed the NB yet, so does this mean he'll be back then for that

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I love Jack Wagner. Not the best actor but then again, not the worse....I do think his popularity stems from the fact that he was a hot specimen when he was younger. My all time favorite couple is still Frisco and Felicia...I wish he was on longer, they could really tap into some serious story for him but apparently they are just bringing back all these vets to celebrate GH's 50th...hopefully some will stay, because if not the renaissance that GH is experiencing now will be a thing of the past in 6 months.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

happy
Feb 21 2013, 08:34 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Plus, you could not go ANYWHERE in 1985 without hearing All I Need. That song would have hit No. 1 had it not been for Madonna's six week run at the top with Like a Virgin.

Weatherman Says was also a good single of his. Oh lord that image of his mullet just flashed into my head.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply