Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, February 22nd Daily Disussion
Topic Started: Feb 22 2013, 09:34 AM (11,414 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

Aloma Wright debuted as nurse Maxine Landis 5 years ago today. :cheers:
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't like Maxine. I feel like she's basically a walking, flashing sign that screams STEREOTYPE nonstop. She'll be talking and all I hear is STEREOTYPE!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Jennifer, Carrie, Julio, and.... I have no fucking clue. I don't even think I knew who that other guy was when this magazine came out and I watched the show every day at the time. lolol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

lysie
Feb 22 2013, 10:11 AM
I don't like Maxine. I feel like she's basically a walking, flashing sign that screams STEREOTYPE nonstop. She'll be talking and all I hear is STEREOTYPE!
She's like Epiphany-Lite.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar
Brady & his Fancy Face

Love Aloma and Maxine!
I love that DAYS are casting some of their nurses from previous NBC primetime shows- from which they also played nurses! Aloma Wright from Scrubs & Yvette Freeman from ER
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

lysie
I like Maxine but I agree that they keep her that mode. She can be more than that and I hope tptb develop her character.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DIRTYALEX

They have the actress who plays Ephiany on this Fx show called Legit and she's playing a home care nurse...I Know big strech...but it's a raunchy show & she's actually funny
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 22 2013, 11:01 AM
lysie
I like Maxine but I agree that they keep her that mode. She can be more than that and I hope tptb develop her character.
I agree. For example, I really liked that they focused on Maxine's response when Nicole lost the baby and asked to hold him. Showing Maxine crying as she handed him to her added an extra dose of :frownie: to the scene. But the reason it stood out so much and I remember it is because they don't typically allow her to show that much emotion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I actually wish the show would've gotten rid of Cameron in general after they fired Schuyler. They could've cast Nathan Owens as Maxine's son instead. I saw some people tweeting that she mentions a son in today's episode.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

So apparently Maxine mentions a son who wants to be a doctor. Why isn't Nathan playing this character? It would've certainly kept him more relevant on the show to have some actual family on-screen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

Kate just kinda referred to Rafe as decaf coffee. LOL. Seems appropriate.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

I don't think that CB is as bad as some here do, but dramatic scenes are not her forte. At all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I can't wait for when Sami finds out exactly what Nick is up to so she can beat his ass.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cord08

Here comes EJ...
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

LOL at Kate comparing Rafe to decaf coffee. Looks like she might be falling for him a little. Or at least falling for the sex.
Online Profile Goto Top

cord08

LOL at Nick's face toward Sami. BB's good at the, "Can you believe this bitch?" faces.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Sami,do u not know English,GO AWAY.

Sami,doesn't know when to shut up,the quietest she has ever been was probably when she was a baby,ah,those were good days when shouldn't talk.:)

Ejerk,take your tramp and go away.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Feb 22 2013, 01:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I really, really like all of those dysfunctional family drama at the hospital with Sami & Co. IMO, it plays very realistically because I've SEEN hotmess families bicker & fight exactly like this in a crisis.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

I wish no one had ever mentioned Nick's lips. Now I can't pay attention to what he is saying because I keep looking at his lips make an "o".
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic