Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, February 22nd Daily Disussion
Topic Started: Feb 22 2013, 09:34 AM (11,642 Views)
Sweet and Salty

Panda Panda
Feb 22 2013, 01:33 PM
Prayer circle? Okay, Days. I guess that can work. . . .
Loving the prayer circle! Loving Maxine! To me, she's a prominent character! She's not stereotyped! It takes all kinds! She has her own personality, and is vital to Days! And...loving that God answered their prayer with "You got it!"
Offline Profile Goto Top

talbab1994
Member Avatar

Jason47
Feb 23 2013, 01:53 PM
talbab1994
Feb 23 2013, 08:46 AM
AFaithL
Feb 23 2013, 08:40 AM
I don't think BB (Nick) is going anywhere.
I looked on Jason47's site and his contract is up May of this year. That's my fear. I hope, hope, hope you're right. I am really enjoying the character of Nick and it's because of BB.
May for taping, that would bring him to August/September for airing.
Exactly so it would be a few months for the character of Nick to do some more things to really tick off some other people in this storyline, they kill him off and there's a who done it just in time for September.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

Sweet and Salty
Feb 23 2013, 01:50 PM
Panda Panda
Feb 22 2013, 01:13 PM
"When do pregnant women go into premature labor because of fighting?" -_________-

Sami you need to lose your ability to speak again
Absolutely!! Find your voice Sami!! That's a ridiculous THEORY!! I went through he'll during my pregnancies!! Even abuse! Ain't happening! I have a feeling from that look on her face at the end she's not gonna let him push her around! So glad EJ's by her side!!
i found that ridclous coming from sami as i remeber her being pregnant with the twins and kate stressing her out and her being in the hospital
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

My bad.

computer issues.
Edited by SoapGal1, Feb 23 2013, 03:18 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

oops.
Edited by SoapGal1, Feb 23 2013, 03:17 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

I REALLY hope they don't kill Nick, why bother? Just to get rid of the character? Sami kills him, nothing will happen. EJ won't waste his time. Will kills him? That would be interesting as Nick outed his first murder attempt and he can go to jail for that, but that won't happen either. The guy about to get out of jail? He kills him, okay but anticlimactic.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Harlee Kin
Feb 23 2013, 03:17 PM
I REALLY hope they don't kill Nick, why bother? Just to get rid of the character? Sami kills him, nothing will happen. EJ won't waste his time. Will kills him? That would be interesting as Nick outed his first murder attempt and he can go to jail for that, but that won't happen either. The guy about to get out of jail? He kills him, okay but anticlimactic.
Nick's on parole, and he's already actively committing a federal offense (eavesdropping, recording without permission) and he's about to attempt blackmail. My guess is he'll just get his parole revoked, that way if TIIC want to bring him back, they can.
Offline Profile Goto Top

samwel

Harmony233
Feb 23 2013, 02:07 PM
Sweet and Salty
Feb 23 2013, 01:50 PM
Panda Panda
Feb 22 2013, 01:13 PM
"When do pregnant women go into premature labor because of fighting?" -_________-

Sami you need to lose your ability to speak again
Absolutely!! Find your voice Sami!! That's a ridiculous THEORY!! I went through he'll during my pregnancies!! Even abuse! Ain't happening! I have a feeling from that look on her face at the end she's not gonna let him push her around! So glad EJ's by her side!!
i found that ridclous coming from sami as i remeber her being pregnant with the twins and kate stressing her out and her being in the hospital
I do not remember Kate having any major impact on Sami while pregnant with the twins but I do know she was kidnapped multiple times, drugged, nearly steamed to death, fighting with EJ/Andre/Stefano, tied up and nearly gased to death and the list goes on and yet she was not weepy and whiny the way Gabi is, so her not being impressed over a little raised voices is understandable IMO.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 23 2013, 11:16 AM
Quote:

Did anyone else notice that Rafe was reading a "Newsprofile" magazine with a cover article about infidelity?! Bwahahahaha! Props to the props department. That was rich!

I cracked up when I saw that!
I didn't see it the first time but nearly fell out of my chair when I caught it the second time! :laugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

La_Laa

Wilson scenes were adorable :wub:
But my favourite part was when Lucas asked to William: "Do you need anything, anything at all?" and then he sees Sonny. He even closed eyes to see if it's not a dream. William tried not to smile, but he couldn't. He was so happy to see him. WIN!

Watching Camila Banu's action, I wanted to throw a shoe at TV. Terrible actress. Recasting the role of Gabore with a new actress. Is it too much to ask? Ari Zucker killed those scenes. Even Kate Mansi would rock with these scenes. Speaking of Kate Mansi. She's a strong actress who deserves a storyline better than this crap virgin storyline. Shameful, this waste of Kate's talent.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Bellajewels

tomsawyer
Feb 22 2013, 01:07 PM
LOL at Kate comparing Rafe to decaf coffee. Looks like she might be falling for him a little. Or at least falling for the sex.
I think they like having Rafe be a bit of a golden boy so I have a hard time imagining them allowing him to do the meaningless one night stand thing. Besides that Kate was such a specific choice. He hates Sami right now so who better for them to pair him up with than someone he can sit and trash Sami with. And it will most likely eventually end up with him and Kate scheming against Sami.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Feb 23 2013, 03:22 PM
Harlee Kin
Nick's on parole, and he's already actively committing a federal offense (eavesdropping, recording without permission) and he's about to attempt blackmail. My guess is he'll just get his parole revoked, that way if TIIC want to bring him back, they can.
Omg. Is eaves dropping a federal offence in the u.s. ????
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

supercool74
Feb 22 2013, 05:30 PM
CPdays
Feb 22 2013, 02:06 PM
As much as I loved this episode, the letter wasn't believable. I mean there was nothing in the letter Will hadn't told Sonny. Why did a thank you change anything for Sonny? Or is he just giving in because hes longing for Will? I just don't get the letter significance to Sonny.
I didn't get that either. There really wasn't a whole lot of new information, except that maybe Sonny was kind of rethinking things before and then Will had said that he just wanted to be friends. But that didn't make much sense because he should know Will still loves him..it wasn't that long ago that Will told him. I was hoping it was a different letter, because that card didn't say a whole lot...unless this is just a way for them to get talking...and that is what changes things, more than just the card itself. Oh well, I can't wait until Monday, regardless. Nice WilSon scenes today. I may even watch them again.
I think the line about giving him a second chance is why Sonny takes him back. He has loved Will all this time and he knows Will still loves him. He has finally forgiven him for keeping the baby secret.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

talbab1994
Feb 23 2013, 02:00 PM
Jason47
Feb 23 2013, 01:53 PM
talbab1994
Feb 23 2013, 08:46 AM
AFaithL
Feb 23 2013, 08:40 AM
I don't think BB (Nick) is going anywhere.
I looked on Jason47's site and his contract is up May of this year. That's my fear. I hope, hope, hope you're right. I am really enjoying the character of Nick and it's because of BB.
May for taping, that would bring him to August/September for airing.
Exactly so it would be a few months for the character of Nick to do some more things to really tick off some other people in this storyline, they kill him off and there's a who done it just in time for September.
They can always extend his contract if he wants to stay.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

concerned
Feb 23 2013, 06:42 PM
Honeybees
Feb 23 2013, 03:22 PM
Harlee Kin
Omg. Is eaves dropping a federal offence in the u.s. ????
In most states and by federal law, you can usually record someone if one of the people in the conversation is aware of the recording. However, in some states, both people must be aware. However, using a listening device to record or even hear a private conversation between two individuals with a reasonable expectation of privacy is against federal wiretapping laws as a well as state laws. (It's a little nebulous if Nick's device only amplified the sound and didn't record it, but he recorded it.) If you record those conversations with intent to blackmail, it's massively illegal in most states and violates federal law.

It's not illegal to accidentally overhear a conversation in a public place.

Nick's original accidental over hearing of Lucas and Will: not illegal. His listening device shenanigans? Totally completely illegal. Oddly enough, since Nick's actions are intent to blackmail, as opposed to extortion (which is for money or goods specifically), means he'd probably face less stiff penalties, at least on the federal level. That is, unless you could prove that his motive was based on Will's sexuality, which would be a civil rights violation.
Edited by Honeybees, Feb 23 2013, 07:43 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

La_Laa
Feb 23 2013, 05:29 PM
Wilson scenes were adorable :wub:
But my favourite part was when Lucas asked to William: "Do you need anything, anything at all?" and then he sees Sonny. He even closed eyes to see if it's not a dream. William tried not to smile, but he couldn't. He was so happy to see him. WIN!

Watching Camila Banu's action, I wanted to throw a shoe at TV. Terrible actress. Recasting the role of Gabore with a new actress. Is it too much to ask? Ari Zucker killed those scenes. Even Kate Mansi would rock with these scenes. Speaking of Kate Mansi. She's a strong actress who deserves a storyline better than this crap virgin storyline. Shameful, this waste of Kate's talent.

I also loved the part when Sonny appears at the hospital and Will sees him for the first time. It was such a perfect moment. Also the part where Will was talking about his daughter to Sonny and how he wanted to take her ice skating and Sonny suggested he take lessons first. So sweet. I love the relationship between Will and Sonny. They are perfect together. Monday's episode is going to be really good! Chandler Massey and Freddie Smith are so good. Blake BerriS is really good as Nick also.
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Why is everyone harping on CB?? She is no more horrible than AS, if u ask me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harlee Kin
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Feb 23 2013, 08:20 PM
Why is everyone harping on CB?? She is no more horrible than AS, if u ask me.
*sigh* I did cringe at Gabi when I watched Friday's episode because I wanted her to calm down. But I agree T-Love74 neither the actress nor the character is any worse than AS. AS for the eavesdropping and Federal charges, Will and Lucas would have to prove through legal means that Nick was illegally eavesdropping and that won't happen either and no one is EVER charged with blackmail on a soap so it will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

I liked the scenes with Will at the hospital, I think he is doing a fine job as a young person struggling to accept his new role as parent. Sonny was cute with him too.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

I am not getting the CB hate either. She's far from the worst actress on this show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

I generally don't mind CB, but my puppy did freak out each time she screamed during a contraction.

I thought the show was really good. I thoroughly enjoyed everyone ripping on Sami and I liked that even Everett implied she acted poorly. But mostly I loved all the different interactions -- Rafe/Will, Kate/Nick were especially good. The prayer circle was a little hokey, but I did kind of like it. I kept thinking that when Maxine told her story, Kayla should have mentioned having experience with early labor too. Then I remembered that hers didn't stop and that's probably not the message she wanted to give Gabi at the time.

While I was squicked out by the idea of Kate and Rafe, I have to admit that I love how it changes the dynamic of this whole thing. Now instead of two teams, there are kind of three, at least in that Rafe, Kate, and Lucas are all advocating that it's best to let Will and Gabi work this thing out. I'm interested in seeing how this dynamic plays out as things get more heated. Can Kate and Rafe help find some middle ground before an all out war breaks out?

I also love how the story is playing out with Nick. I think it's pretty clear that what promots Nick to go through with the blackmail is his belief that he has to get Sami out of Gabi's life. I'm not saying he doesn't want Will out too, but his final straw was Sami. And since I love to see Sami's ridiculousness blow up in her face, I'm okay with that -- mostly because I'm sure Nick's blackmail threat doesn't work in the end. In case it's not clear, I don't want Nick to win. I just don't want Sami to win either. I want Will and Gabi to win and if everyone would just get out of their faces, they would.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic