Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, February 22nd Daily Disussion
Topic Started: Feb 22 2013, 09:34 AM (11,368 Views)
Cathalina

Esp...amen to your post. Also, I don't get why Sami doesn't respect her son more.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kriss4

I just watched the entire week in one sitting and thought it was pretty good. I didn't fast forward anyone or anything. That's not to say that I loved everything, but I watched it.

Here's what I didn't love: Jennifer's big ultimatum. She and Daniel had actually had a decent scene just prior, and then she told Daniel he should have no contact with Chloe. It wasn't reasonable. Yes, Chloe's playing games. Yes, she's wrong. But that's not the answer, and it doesn't come across well for Jennifer to make such a demand.

Boy, have I enjoyed chandler massey's work this week. He's usually very good, IMO, but he put a lot of emotion out there this week.

It was nice to see Lucas. I like his disapproval of Daniel. It's reasonable for him to feel that way about Daniel given their history. Add to that the fact that he's Jennifer's brother, and it works. I also liked his calling out Sami, but then still supporting her.

I like Maxine. She brought a toughness to her role, but it was tempered with kindness, too. I loved the way she hauled nick out of gabi's room. I'd like them to give her more to do. I'd like them to give Kayla more to do too. She's Will's aunt, and Sami's, so a personal word from her to one of them would have been appropriate. They played the professional beats well with her, but could have added a personal one as well.

I like Will and Sonny. I don't mind Rafe and Kate. I thought John was remarkably cold in his conversation with Marlena. I may not always like what nick is doing, but I think Blake Berris does a good job.

All in all, a good week.
Edited by Kriss4, Feb 24 2013, 12:01 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Feb 23 2013, 08:20 PM
Why is everyone harping on CB?? She is no more horrible than AS, if u ask me.
CB is a lot more understated without a lot of huffing,puffing,snorting, stomping,and over emoting.I don't find CB's acting choices any worse than others on the show.I mean it is not as if the actors are turning in oscar winning performances on a daily basis.I find CB's acting skills as adequate as others on the show and she has been at it less than others.I don't have a problem with her acting choices,they are believable enough for me that I can accept what she is portraying as consistent with the dialogue.I like her scenes with CM,GG,and BB.
Edited by BeeBee, Feb 24 2013, 01:21 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

CB reminds me of my youngest daughter, everything is overstated and dramatic, no on has ever had this or that as bad or great as her. I would fully expect to find this same scene in a hospital room with my girl. I was and have been disappointed in John. Loved Lucas with Sami and EJ, they get her. I am enjoying.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Penney
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 22 2013, 10:11 AM
I don't like Maxine. I feel like she's basically a walking, flashing sign that screams STEREOTYPE nonstop. She'll be talking and all I hear is STEREOTYPE!
from the first day, I thought the same thing
Offline Profile Goto Top

Penney
Member Avatar

guessgirl
Feb 22 2013, 01:39 PM
I don't find CB awful like some others do. I can think of at least 5 other actor/actress people ohh and ahhh over I find that are terribly over the top and overated.
IA... I'll take CB anyday over Molly, so glad she's gone.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic