Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, February 22nd Daily Disussion
Topic Started: Feb 22 2013, 09:34 AM (11,539 Views)
elci525
Member Avatar

I found the way EJ told Sami not to talk to anyone and tapped her on the nose a few times to be rather, very-grossly patronizing. At least in this episode, more so than anything Lucas said to her, or even the screaming Will did in her direction. I'd feel very demeaned if anyone did that to me.

But, you know, I am biased I guess.
Edited by elci525, Feb 23 2013, 09:42 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

I did like EJ keying in that there was something between Rafe and Kate. There are moments where I do enjoy him ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I forgot to mention my favorite conversation of the entire episode.

Brady: I got a big surprise for you

Kristen: Oh have mercy. Again? I need sleep.

Brady: Stop it, stop it, stop it. I'm not talking about that

Edited by Panda Panda, Feb 22 2013, 02:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 22 2013, 02:24 PM
Floridagirl
Feb 22 2013, 02:19 PM
Will acted like a spoiled child toward his mother in front of everyone at the hospital. I do not think Sami was right, but I believe that Will should be respectful in public, handle the problem in private. Nick, you might as well have just stepped on a rattle snake. EJ, tender with Sami and sly with others, that is how these types of men really are.
I'll agree when Sami learns to do the same.
Fair enough, and good point. Parents teach your children well...
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Great show today!!!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Feb 22 2013, 02:36 PM

Yes, omg that was awesome. I almost started blushing myself just listening to that convo, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Totally random but on the topic of Maxine ... I totally think we could see her developed more and probably paired with Abe, who suddenly appeared again this month after not being on for two months, and around the same time as Maxine gets a new last name and development? Hmm ...
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 22 2013, 02:40 PM
Panda Panda

Yes, omg that was awesome. I almost started blushing myself just listening to that convo, lol.
At least now we know the real reason Kristen finds it difficult to give Brady up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cantstopme
Member Avatar

Floridagirl
Feb 22 2013, 02:19 PM
Will acted like a spoiled child toward his mother in front of everyone at the hospital. I do not think Sami was right, but I believe that Will should be respectful in public, handle the problem in private. Nick, you might as well have just stepped on a rattle snake. EJ, tender with Sami and sly with others, that is how these types of men really are.
Most definitely. I come from a VERY Italian family where business is business and the men know no boundaries and limitations in that department. Mafia type families especially are that way. The men are stubborn, strong, fierce, intelligent, and sometimes violent. They wont hesitate to take out another man if it benefits themselves but when it comes to their women, they treat their women liked like beautiful rare possessions that are to be protected and spoiled.

Of course Im not speaking for all "business men", but that's my experience and that is why I adore when they write Everette/EJ that way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

guessgirl
Member Avatar

Quote:

At least now we know the real reason Kristen finds it difficult to give Brady up.
Tha's the only good thing he is for. It's certainly not for his brains she's with him. :laugh: :laugh:
Edited by guessgirl, Feb 22 2013, 02:47 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

Matt
Feb 22 2013, 01:51 PM
I love that they've managed to cover an all-nighter in one episode.
But it has been Valentine's Day all this time (Feb. 14 thru Feb. 22)!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

cantstopme
Member Avatar

kay
Feb 22 2013, 02:46 PM
Matt
I know. Im thrilled that I can expect to see Sami without that thing on her head on Monday.
Edited by cantstopme, Feb 22 2013, 02:48 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Feb 22 2013, 10:11 AM
I don't like Maxine. I feel like she's basically a walking, flashing sign that screams STEREOTYPE nonstop. She'll be talking and all I hear is STEREOTYPE!
STAMP!
Offline Profile Goto Top

vettejb

tomsawyer
Feb 22 2013, 01:07 PM
LOL at Kate comparing Rafe to decaf coffee. Looks like she might be falling for him a little. Or at least falling for the sex.
Okay, I don't know the manner in which she said it, but when I think of decaf coffee, I think of very bland coffee that has no kick or spice to it and does not perk you up. And I like Rafe.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Harmony233

I wonder if there going to give maxine a family i haven't watched today b ut i read another recap on another board that talked about her first pregnancy which was her son.that wants to be a doctor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

PatNS
Member Avatar

Overall I thought this was a very good show today. Even the uber-boring EJ and Sami couldn't bring it down.

Loved Kate's description of decaf coffee and Sonny're reaction - that was hilarious!

I felt Will was justified in everything he said to his Mom. He should have said a lot more and I commend his restraint in holding back.

Don't know if Kristen and Brady really fit in with this episode but I still enjoyed their scenes. I don't know what leads to Brady moving in to the DiMera mansion but it better be something major. This is not something he should be backing down from but I guess that's what happens when you think with the wrong brain.

Really Enjoyed the quiet scene between Kate and Nick - very well done.

I liked the flow of this episode. Loved the different character interactions. I thought it was well-directed and for the most part well played.

Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Feb 22 2013, 02:43 PM
blueskies
Panda Panda

Before now I thought it was his arms.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

cantstopme
Feb 22 2013, 02:48 PM
kay
Matt
I know. Im thrilled that I can expect to see Sami without that thing on her head on Monday.
Actually... it looks like Nick and Sami will duke it out Monday before going home so you'll still see that bun next week.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Panda Panda
Feb 22 2013, 02:43 PM
blueskies
Panda Panda

I don't blame her. The man is F-I-N-E. Kristen is many things, but stupid she is not. I'm surprised she leaves the bedroom at all.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

cantstopme
Feb 22 2013, 02:48 PM
kay
Matt
And that pink pepto-bismol colored dress.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic