Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, February 22nd Daily Disussion
Topic Started: Feb 22 2013, 09:34 AM (11,277 Views)
ArizonaDaze
Member Avatar

Wow, this episode sounds so good, can't wait to watch - 1 more hour. Love all the commentary but a special shout out to Matt whose comments/thoughts are always so enjoyable. You're right, Matt, the show is so much improved, it's hard to believe that the writing staff hasn't changed. Of course anything by the Cullitons and/or Salmons is usually good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Matt
Feb 22 2013, 01:29 PM
Seriously. This Will/Gabi/Nick story is the BEST thing this show has done in YEARS. Look at all of the different storylines/characters it touches just by what's going on at the hospital right now. I swear I just saw Lucas side-eye Rafe & Kate being all cordial and casual with one another.
I agree...the Will/Gabi/Nick story has turned into a AWESOME umbrella story for the entire show (sans Dannifer and Abby the Virgin)
Offline Profile Goto Top

vettejb

cantstopme
Feb 22 2013, 02:45 PM
Floridagirl
Feb 22 2013, 02:19 PM
Will acted like a spoiled child toward his mother in front of everyone at the hospital. I do not think Sami was right, but I believe that Will should be respectful in public, handle the problem in private. Nick, you might as well have just stepped on a rattle snake. EJ, tender with Sami and sly with others, that is how these types of men really are.
Most definitely. I come from a VERY Italian family where business is business and the men know no boundaries and limitations in that department. Mafia type families especially are that way. The men are stubborn, strong, fierce, intelligent, and sometimes violent. They wont hesitate to take out another man if it benefits themselves but when it comes to their women, they treat their women liked like beautiful rare possessions that are to be protected and spoiled.

Of course Im not speaking for all "business men", but that's my experience and that is why I adore when they write Everette/EJ that way.
I didn't realize that "VERY Italian" men let their women go off and screw countless other men and return back to them without repercussions.....Oh, and try to assassinate them. Good to know.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Matt
Feb 22 2013, 02:00 PM
today's episode was directed by Steven Williford from a script written by Carolyn Culliton. Between her & Richard, a Culliton has written the last 4 episodes.
I wish they would fire the rest of the script writers save for Melissa Salmons and then those 3 can just pen every episode...the Cullitons are such a HUGE asset to DAYS.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 22 2013, 03:17 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Personally, I'd take a script writing staff of Richard & Carolyn Culliton, Melissa Salmons, Lacey Dyer, and Nancy Williams Watt.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

vettejb
Feb 22 2013, 03:08 PM
cantstopme
Floridagirl
Will acted like a spoiled child toward his mother in front of everyone at the hospital. I do not think Sami was right, but I believe that Will should be respectful in public, handle the problem in private. Nick, you might as well have just stepped on a rattle snake. EJ, tender with Sami and sly with others, that is how these types of men really are.
Most definitely. I come from a VERY Italian family where business is business and the men know no boundaries and limitations in that department. Mafia type families especially are that way. The men are stubborn, strong, fierce, intelligent, and sometimes violent. They wont hesitate to take out another man if it benefits themselves but when it comes to their women, they treat their women liked like beautiful rare possessions that are to be protected and spoiled.

Of course Im not speaking for all "business men", but that's my experience and that is why I adore when they write Everette/EJ that way.
I didn't realize that "VERY Italian" men let their women go off and screw countless other men and return back to them without repercussions.....Oh, and try to assassinate them. Good to know.
EJ is the EXACT OPPOSITE of a true acting "italian man"...the fact that someone could even say he is an Italian man is BEYOND hilarious to me!

I am italian, through and through...and EJ is a freaking pussy without an ounce of italian goodness in him!
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

guessgirl
Feb 22 2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:

At least now we know the real reason Kristen finds it difficult to give Brady up.
Tha's the only good thing he is for. It's certainly not for his brains she's with him. :laugh: :laugh:
Brady is in love. When you are in love, you overlook certain things. That doesn't mean he's an overall stupid person. Right now, he has no reason to be suspicious of Kristen. And when he has, he's confronted her (torn note). It's not like he's Austin who was raped by Sami and --- even after he found out about her raping him and lying about Will --- decided to marry her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Matt
Feb 22 2013, 03:12 PM
Personally, I'd take a script writing staff of Richard & Carolyn Culliton, Melissa Salmons, Lacey Dyer, and Nancy Williams Watt.
Forgot about Dyer...she is great too! I thought she was let go though?
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 22 2013, 10:11 AM
I don't like Maxine. I feel like she's basically a walking, flashing sign that screams STEREOTYPE nonstop. She'll be talking and all I hear is STEREOTYPE!
:shame: It's like you're the Grinch.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Mitchapalooza
Feb 22 2013, 03:19 PM
Matt
Feb 22 2013, 03:12 PM
Forgot about Dyer...she is great too! I thought she was let go though?
Both Dyer & NWW were let go when TomSell came on board. I've been cursing her removal ever since it was announced. NWW always had really nice scripts loaded with TONS of logical historical shoutouts.
Online Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

AFaithL
guessgirl
Quote:

At least now we know the real reason Kristen finds it difficult to give Brady up.
Tha's the only good thing he is for. It's certainly not for his brains she's with him. :laugh: :laugh:
Brady is in love. When you are in love, you overlook certain things. That doesn't mean he's an overall stupid person. Right now, he has no reason to be suspicious of Kristen. And when he has, he's confronted her (torn note). It's not like he's Austin who was raped by Sami and --- even after he found out about her raping him and lying about Will --- decided to marry her.
I wouldn't say Brady's entirely stupid. I just think he's still being blinded by his grief to a certain extent *cough*unlikeJennifer*cough* If he wasn't then he would have definitely picked up on a lot of Kristen's schemes by now. Let's face it, it's not like her schemes are brilliantly complex and intricate. At this point she's just making it up as she goes
Offline Profile Goto Top

spartan
Member Avatar

I really loved the interactions at the hospital with the different cast of characters. Add me to the list who also loved that 'pacing/waiting' montage. Classic soap stuff there.

I had to listen to Bristen's convo twice to really comprehend what they were saying. Seeing them in that damned bed again in the damned hotel room automatically had me glazing over the first time. The DiMansion move can't come soon enough for these two.

I could not look at EJ's tie the same way today, knowing where it had been a few hours prior. :embarrassed:

Maxine was definitely the unsung hero of today's episode.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cathalina

Mitchapalooza
Feb 22 2013, 03:16 PM
vettejb
cantstopme
Floridagirl

EJ is the EXACT OPPOSITE of a true acting "italian man"...the fact that someone could even say he is an Italian man is BEYOND hilarious to me!

I am italian, through and through...and EJ is a freaking pussy without an ounce of italian goodness in him!
Italian here also! Can't agree that EJ is truly "Italian" acting, which almost seems like we're describing a stereotype here, since no way in hell would he forgive a woman who tried to keep his children from him and shot him in the head. Revenge is a dish best served cold comes from us for a reason.

Also, the MAFIA types are also known for having mistresses. So much for precious rare creatures.
Edited by Cathalina, Feb 22 2013, 04:02 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

AFaithL
guessgirl
Quote:

No, it's all the other stupid things he's done that makes him an overall stupid person.

I've loved Aloma Wright since Scrubs and would love to see Maxine get a bigger role and see this kid, who must be Will/Abby's age. I don't remember them saying it was a boy. It'd be nice if it was a girl.

The dynamic between ejami was perfect today, with the slight smile on EJ's face as he listened to Sami talk about causing trouble despite her good intentions. She's her own worst enemy and he's a guy who loves and appreciates her craziness. They've come full circle. :wub:

How does Lucas always manage to burst in on ejami every time they're getting close. It's like he's a human homing device. Either way, I'm glad Sami called him and that Kate tagged along. Like some other folks mentioned, it seemed to me that Lucas senses that something is going on with Rate. That reveal should be comedy gold.

I like that, despite the baby drama, Will/Sonny and Will/Gabi have remained friends. Will talking about his hopes and dreams for his daughter was the sweetest scene in quite awhile, and I'm glad he shared it with Sonny. And every time Sonny looks at Will, you can just see the love and concern in his eyes. That actor is the master at that.

Brady should invite Kristen to move into Victor's.

EJ calling Kate his stepmother never gets old. I just wish Kate was there to hear this talk between EJ/Rafe.

I almost feel bad for Nick. He's playing with his life by threatening Sami and he has no idea. Random thought - I wonder if Kate remembers that Nick was mixed up in stealing that hairbrush. If the statute of limitations isn't up, she could always blackmail him again and maybe seduce Roman into reopening the investigation into Willow's death.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

six
Feb 22 2013, 04:07 PM
AFaithL
guessgirl
Quote:

No, it's all the other stupid things he's done that makes him an overall stupid person.

I've loved Aloma Wright since Scrubs and would love to see Maxine get a bigger role and see this kid, who must be Will/Abby's age. I don't remember them saying it was a boy. It'd be nice if it was a girl.

The dynamic between ejami was perfect today, with the slight smile on EJ's face as he listened to Sami talk about causing trouble despite her good intentions. She's her own worst enemy and he's a guy who loves and appreciates her craziness. They've come full circle. :wub:

How does Lucas always manage to burst in on ejami every time they're getting close. It's like he's a human homing device. Either way, I'm glad Sami called him and that Kate tagged along. Like some other folks mentioned, it seemed to me that Lucas senses that something is going on with Rate. That reveal should be comedy gold.

I like that, despite the baby drama, Will/Sonny and Will/Gabi have remained friends. Will talking about his hopes and dreams for his daughter was the sweetest scene in quite awhile, and I'm glad he shared it with Sonny. And every time Sonny looks at Will, you can just see the love and concern in his eyes. That actor is the master at that.

EJ calling Kate his stepmother never gets old. I just wish Kate was there to hear this talk between EJ/Rafe.

I almost feel bad for Nick. He's playing with his life by threatening Sami and he has no idea. Random thought - I wonder if Kate remembers that Nick was mixed up in stealing that hairbrush. If the statute of limitations isn't up, she could always blackmail him again and maybe seduce Roman into reopening the investigation into Willow's death.
What stupid stuff? Brady is not a dumbass any more than any other male on this show.

Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 22 2013, 04:15 PM
six
AFaithL
guessgirl

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

What stupid stuff? Brady is not a dumbass any more than any other male on this show.

EM-Brady's entire history with Nicole, for one. And yeah, most of the guys on the show are stupid.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

six
Feb 22 2013, 04:18 PM
AFaithL
six
AFaithL

EM-Brady's entire history with Nicole, for one. And yeah, most of the guys on the show are stupid.
I was gonna say....if Brady's a dumbass than all guys on this show are equally dumbasses - including EJ (re: Nicole and Sami).
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 22 2013, 04:29 PM
six
Feb 22 2013, 04:18 PM
AFaithL
six

I was gonna say....if Brady's a dumbass than all guys on this show are equally dumbasses - including EJ (re: Nicole and Sami).
I wouldn't say ALL - Sonny seems bright. Stefano seems to have it together.

As for EJ, he thought piece of rubber was his baby for months. I like him, and Brady, but come on, lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cantstopme
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 22 2013, 04:00 PM
Mitchapalooza
Feb 22 2013, 03:16 PM
vettejb
cantstopme

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepEJ, tender with Sami and sly with others, that is how these types of men really are.

Italian here also! Can't agree that EJ is truly "Italian" acting, which almost seems like we're describing a stereotype here, since no way in hell would he forgive a woman who tried to keep his children from him and shot him in the head. Revenge is a dish best served cold comes from us for a reason.

Also, the MAFIA types are also known for having mistresses. So much for precious rare creatures.

I was simply replying to Floridagirl's comment "EJ, tender with Sami and sly with others, that is how these types of men really are". I said that I love when they write EJ that way. I didnt say they write him that way often, cause Lord knows they dont.
Edited by cantstopme, Feb 22 2013, 04:48 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Im a fan of Maxine. I love her character LaVerne on scrubs. I will admit it i cried when they killed her off on Scrubs. I am glad she is on here so i can still enjoy her.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic