Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Friday, February 22nd Daily Disussion
Topic Started: Feb 22 2013, 09:34 AM (11,542 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Feb 22 2013, 04:50 PM
Im a fan of Maxine. I love her character LaVerne on scrubs. I will admit it i cried when they killed her off on Scrubs. I am glad she is on here so i can still enjoy her.
For those who may not know, Aloma played a different character on Days back in 2007....Nurse Gillian.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Loved Brady comment about Stefano. Saying it would kill Victor and he couldnt live in Dimera mansion and living with someone mildly evil like AL Copone or Hilter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Cathalina
Feb 22 2013, 04:00 PM
Mitchapalooza
Feb 22 2013, 03:16 PM
vettejb
Feb 22 2013, 03:08 PM
cantstopme
Feb 22 2013, 02:45 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepEJ, tender with Sami and sly with others, that is how these types of men really are.
I didn't realize that "VERY Italian" men let their women go off and screw countless other men and return back to them without repercussions.....Oh, and try to assassinate them. Good to know.
EJ is the EXACT OPPOSITE of a true acting "italian man"...the fact that someone could even say he is an Italian man is BEYOND hilarious to me!

I am italian, through and through...and EJ is a freaking pussy without an ounce of italian goodness in him!
Italian here also! Can't agree that EJ is truly "Italian" acting, which almost seems like we're describing a stereotype here, since no way in hell would he forgive a woman who tried to keep his children from him and shot him in the head. Revenge is a dish best served cold comes from us for a reason.

Also, the MAFIA types are also known for having mistresses. So much for precious rare creatures.
Im not referring to a stereotyped Italian either...but there is no denying that EJ and a regular Italian guy = massive difference.

EJ is not believable to me a mafia type either...he is not scary, he is not intimidating in any sense whatsoever. He does not exude that AT all from the way JS portrays him.

When I hear EJ speak (incorrectly I might add) in Italian...it makes me CRINGE with disdain.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Feb 22 2013, 04:50 PM
Im a fan of Maxine. I love her character LaVerne on scrubs. I will admit it i cried when they killed her off on Scrubs. I am glad she is on here so i can still enjoy her.
Man, that scene of Carly sating goodbye to LaVerne was heart breaking.

As for EJ. He has Italian blood, but he was raised English. So there's really no reason for him to act like an Italian stereotype.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

When I said these types of men concerning EJ, I meant personality wise, not Italian, I didn't really think of him as Italian (half or whole). He seems very European to me and can be hard to read and intimidating when he wants to be, he just seems very tender and caring with his family.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Maggie28wubsEj
Member Avatar

Yay to finally seeing Ej again :-D The Wabi baby story is so much better when Ej, Kate, Lucas, and sonny is involved. All I need is Justin.
Online Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

CPdays
Feb 22 2013, 02:06 PM
As much as I loved this episode, the letter wasn't believable. I mean there was nothing in the letter Will hadn't told Sonny. Why did a thank you change anything for Sonny? Or is he just giving in because hes longing for Will? I just don't get the letter significance to Sonny.
I didn't get that either. There really wasn't a whole lot of new information, except that maybe Sonny was kind of rethinking things before and then Will had said that he just wanted to be friends. But that didn't make much sense because he should know Will still loves him..it wasn't that long ago that Will told him. I was hoping it was a different letter, because that card didn't say a whole lot...unless this is just a way for them to get talking...and that is what changes things, more than just the card itself. Oh well, I can't wait until Monday, regardless. Nice WilSon scenes today. I may even watch them again.
Edited by supercool74, Feb 22 2013, 05:31 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Harmony233
Feb 22 2013, 02:05 PM
although i loathe sami these days nick is crazy for threatening her obvioly he doesn't know how pyscho she can be
I think Sami is the crazy one to antagonize Nick. Nick has murdered someone. If they're going to write Nick into a corner again, I wouldn't mind if he took Sami out this time.

Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Today's show was a complete win.

It was over before I even knew it, and I was still wanting more!

LOVED the prayer! So agree with Matt, don't understand why we don't see more of these kind of scenes. This is exactly what I'd have been doing in a crisis situation.

EJ's on to stepmommy & dead eyes!!

Lucas started off Shouty, but I ended up liking his scenes with Sami.

Will had me tearing up talking about holding his little girl's hand.

It really felt old school Days today. The characters seemed "in character" and the stories were all flowing together.

Can't wait for Sami & Nick's showdown on Monday.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Feb 22 2013, 01:14 PM
Gosh,I have met monkey's smarter than Sami Brady.
I haven't met them but I'm sure they're out there.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

What did EJ say to Rafe after he saw Rate together? I have some remodeling going on and I couldn't hear him. Thanks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Matt
Feb 22 2013, 01:22 PM
Sami as a character is damned if she does & damned if she doesn't no matter who she fucking phones first. If she called A, she should've called B. If she called B, she should've called C. And no one understands why she hasn't called E. But if she called E, someone would bitch that she didn't call A first. smdh
Since Will is Lucas' son and the baby is Lucas first grandchild,Lucas should have been called first.I don't have a problem with Sami calling the man she loves to support her and her son's former stepfather.I understand that.We know the baby is going to live,Sami did not.How would Will and Lucas have felt if something had happened to the baby before Lucas arrived.I liked the fact that Lucas and Will immediately went toward each other and embraced once Lucas arrived.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lumi_are_true_love

Sami and Lucas scenes together today were really incredible and I loved that Lucas wound up rubbing Sami's back that was a really nice touch and I love how Sami wound up letting Lucas rub her back for that was my most favorite moment between Lucas and Sami today for that was really beautiful it was nice to see them get this really great moment between them today with Lucas rubbing Sami's back.

The message on the card Sonny read from Will was really beautiful and it looks like Sonny was touched by what Will wrote in the card that was adressed to him. The Kayla,Gabi,Cameron,and Maxine scenes were wonderful also when they all wound up praying together as a group for Gabi and the baby together and after they did her contractions wound up subsiding after they prayed together as a group in Gabi's hospital room.

The Will and Sonny scene and Will and Lucas Scenes along with the Kate and Lucas scenes were great as well. I loved the hug Will and Lucas shared at the hospital and loved when Sonny hugged Will as well. I even like the Will and Rafe scenes too with Rafe saying that Will's going to be a great dad as well.

I loved how Will talked to Sonny about taking his daughter ice skating and wanting to learn how to ice skate for her so he can hold her hand and wind up going ice skating with her as well and Sonny was truly touch by Will wanting to take his daughter ice skating holding her hand in his. Lucas and Kate's scenes at the coffee house were too also. I really like most of today's show with all the scenes I mentioned above for they were wonderful.
Edited by Lumi_are_true_love, Feb 22 2013, 07:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Great Friday episode. The drama played out nicely and loved the characters being interwoven.

Cute with Kate saying she would definitely want a refill and Brady's 'big surprise' for Kristen. ;)

Happy to see Lucas join the fray and have the scenes with Sami that fit them perfectly.

What is the point of Ej anymore? He's been pretty much a Rafe clone replacement and today I thought he came across more as Sami's father with the nose taps and telling Will how Sami feels. I hope a change is coming for his character soon because this is just a waste.

Will's speech about his hope for future moments with his daughter and Nick opening up to Kate about his own desires were great contrasts. I loved both their intensity.

I thought the hospital bedside prayer a nice touch. It's wonderful to see Kayla as a doctor again instead of working at the pub.

Rafe and Kate seemed even more glaringly mismatched during these scenes. I get the whole idea of them and why the show wanted to take this path, but they don't work for me as lovers. And what was LK doing with her head? She kept jerking it back. I couldn't tell if she was having a fit or if she was just trying to toss her hair? Very distracting.

It was fun seeing everyone give Sami the cold shoulder especially as her remorse is always short lived.

I'll be so glad to see Brady and Kristen out of the hotel room and having that story finally moves along into the next phase.
Offline Profile Goto Top

guessgirl
Member Avatar

I really like the Nick & Kate scene. See tiic you don't always have to write him as a jerk or bad guy.
Offline Profile Goto Top

appleblossom

BeeBee
Feb 22 2013, 07:25 PM
Matt
Feb 22 2013, 01:22 PM
Sami as a character is damned if she does & damned if she doesn't no matter who she fucking phones first. If she called A, she should've called B. If she called B, she should've called C. And no one understands why she hasn't called E. But if she called E, someone would bitch that she didn't call A first. smdh
Since Will is Lucas' son and the baby is Lucas first grandchild,Lucas should have been called first.I don't have a problem with Sami calling the man she loves to support her and her son's former stepfather.I understand that.We know the baby is going to live,Sami did not.How would Will and Lucas have felt if something had happened to the baby before Lucas arrived.I liked the fact that Lucas and Will immediately went toward each other and embraced once Lucas arrived.
I'm glad EJ did not Lucas rubbing he gf's back. That would ot have gone down too well. I am glad he gave them respect and privacy as the future grandparents to talk. I think Lucas will tolerate EJ as Allie's stepdad again, and EJ has always had minor respect for Lucas. They did save each other's lives.
Offline Profile Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

EJ tried to murder Lucas. EJ has never respected Lucas.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Feb 22 2013, 09:44 PM
Lucas never respected EJ even from the very beginning.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Feb 22 2013, 10:03 PM
TreasureCove
Feb 22 2013, 09:44 PM
Lucas never respected EJ even from the very beginning.
Can you blame them? I mean, really. Those two have absolutely no reason to trust or even like each other
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I noticed today that Lucas and Sonny share some physical similarities. I think Will is dating a combination of his father and his grandmother Marlena!

I liked the complexity of all the baby stuff today. I liked that EJ is on to Kate and Rafe as well.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic