Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AMC: Eden Riegel (Bianca) Returns!; But for how long ....
Topic Started: Feb 22 2013, 07:55 PM (538 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/julia-barr-set-to-reprise-role-in-all-my-childrens-online-revival/

Quote:

UPDATE 3:25 PM: Prospect Park has announced that Eden Riegel will reprise her Emmy-winning role as Bianca Montgomery as a cameo guest arc in the online revival of the ABC daytime drama All My Children.

PREVIOUS: Prospect Park‘s The Online Network announced today that Julia Barr will reprise her role as Brooke English in the online revival of the cancelled ABC daytime drama, the character for which she earned two Daytime Emmy Awards for Best Supporting Actress. She joins previously announced cast members Darnell Williams (Jesse Hubbard), Debbi Morgan (Dr. Angela Hubbard), Vincent Irizarry (Dr. David Hayward), Lindsay Hartley (Cara Martin), Jordi Vilasuso (Griffin Castillo), Jill Larson (Opal Cortlandt), Thorsten Kaye (Zach Slater). Additional casting details will be announced in the coming weeks. Prospect Park announced earlier this year that new 30-minute episodes of All My Children and One Life To Live will be launched each weekday and will be available on Hulu and iTunes beginning this Spring.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

IMO, ER is completely overrated.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

She wasn't good on Y&R, but the character didn't suit her. She was iconic on AMC and deserves any praise she received. I have never heard anyone saying she's a top notch amazing actress. She nailed the big storylines she was given. She's a pretty big get for AMC, IMO though. Even if its just for a drive-by. It opens up her return for future storylines and that must be in their plans because I think they could have gotten the most recent Bianca to sign on permanently. I guess they didn't want Bianca without Erica, but they're going to have Miranda. I'm really not sure what the vision is for AMC, but the most recent news they've dropped has all been good.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I just find it strange that they're going to heavily focus on Miranda (not that they said that, I'm assuming so) but Erica isn't around and Bianca won't be either and Kendall won't be around for a while. IDK. It's odd to me. I mean, we all know it's because Susan and Alicia aren't available right now but still ... strange.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I'm a huge Eden Riegel fan. Heck, I'm literally the one person on the entire planet that enjoyed her run as Heather on Young and the Restless.

So I was a bit surprised to read that this will just be a short little cameo. Then again, before Christina Bennett Lind was hired to play Bianca, that is pretty much all we were getting from Riegel.

I don't think any of the Kane women will be a big pressence on All My Children 2.0. And without Tad and Jake Martn [the Martins!], I'm not sure what the core of this show will be.

LPS
Member Avatar

Bianca was an iconic and groundbreaking character. ER was ugghhh. IMO, the last Bianca was by far the best and my favorite.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

If it's Eden Riegel who doesn't want to return fulltime on AMC, then they should've brought Christina Bennett Lind back fulltime. If it's not Riegel then Prospect Park is stupid for not putting Bianca on fulltime. She should be a fulltime character as should her partner, whom should be Marissa if not then maybe Reese.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Isn't Bennett Lind doing a play? As much as CBL probably would have jumped to do it, maybe they went with Reigel, who is possibly immediately available, and IS considered a name, as much as I prefer CBL's version.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'll never deny that Riegel is the most defined Bianca. She took the character above and beyond, and really made her a core character on the show. Personally, I liked Lind better as Bianca.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah, I'd rather CBL have returned. She at least wanted to be there full-time.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · AMC & OLTL: Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply