Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings week of Feb 11th
Topic Started: Feb 23 2013, 12:16 AM (2,771 Views)
Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
You say you're a rude boy Show me what you got

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2013/02/ratings-bad-week-for-all-soaps

Total Viewers

1. Y&R 4,600,000 (-164,000/-144,000)

2. B&B 3,520,000 (-68,000/+235,000)

3. GH 2,642,000 (-176,000/+480,000)

4. DAYS 2,446,000 (-126,000/-22,000)

Households

1. Y&R 3.4/11 (-.1/-.1)

2. B&B 2.6/8 (same/+.2)

3. GH 2.0/6 (-.1/+.4)

4. DAYS 1.9/6 (same/+.1)

Women 18-49 Viewers

1. Y&R 882,000 (-48,000/-90,000)

2. B&B 759,000 (-1,000/+19,000)

3. GH 571,000 (-41,000/+44,000)

4. DAYS 510,000 (-50,000/-16,000)

Women 18-49 Rating

1. Y&R 1.4/9 (-.1/-.1)

2. B&B 1.2/8 (same/same)

3. GH 0.9/6 (-.1/+.1)

4. DAYS 0.8/5 (-.1/same)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 208,000 (-60,000/-29,000)

2. GH 183,000 (-48,000/+36,000)

3. B&B 177,000 (-59,000/+5,000)

4. DAYS 163,000 (-28,000/+19,000)

Women 18-34 Rating

1. Y&R 0.6 (-.2/-.1)

2. B&B 0.5 (-.2/same)

2. DAYS 0.5 (-.1/+.1)

2. GH 0.5 (-.2/+.1)

Day-To-Day Ratings Ė HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.7/3,791,000
Tuesday: 2.7/3,682,000
Wednesday: 2.4/3,326,000
Thursday: 2.6/3,455,000
Friday: 2.6/3,345,000

DAYS
Monday: 1.9/2,572,000
Tuesday: 1.9/2,520,000
Wednesday: 1.8/2,423,000
Thursday: 1.9/2,485,000
Friday: 1.8/2,232,000

GH
Monday: 2.1/2,913,000
Tuesday: 2.0/2,674,000
Wednesday: 1.9/2,510,000
Thursday: 1.8/2,472,000
Friday: 2.0/2,643,000

Y&R
Monday: 3.5/4,898,000
Tuesday: 3.3/4,525,000
Wednesday: 3.1/4,311,000
Thursday: 3.3/4,482,000
Friday: 3.5/4,782,000

For the SEASON September 24, 2012 through February 17, 2013

Households
1. Y&R 3.6
2. B&B 2.6
3. GH 2.3
4. DAYS 2.0

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.4
2. GH 1.2
3. B&B 1.1
4. DAYS 1.0

Edited by Sonny_BrendaFan, Feb 23 2013, 12:27 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

and they are no longer in the plus side from 'this time last year'....as I said last week....steady declines over weeks isn't good for this show...it's exactly what occurred in 2010 and in less than 3 months they had lost 750K viewers and the demos were awful...it's going to happen again, in 2010 the erosion didn't start till March after sweeps was over...this time around, it's started during sweeps...and they are already in the negative from last year....the demos lost this week too...this isn't good for a show that only got a one year renewal...if anything they should have used this time to increase viewers since the summer is usually a slow period....
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Yep, horrible numbers for DAYS, they've lost all of the gains of a few weeks ago
GH and B&B are continuing their momentum

Checkers
Member Avatar

Yikes. Y&R.

samwel

LuvingLumi
Feb 23 2013, 01:01 AM
and they are no longer in the plus side from 'this time last year'....as I said last week....steady declines over weeks isn't good for this show...it's exactly what occurred in 2010 and in less than 3 months they had lost 750K viewers and the demos were awful...it's going to happen again, in 2010 the erosion didn't start till March after sweeps was over...this time around, it's started during sweeps...and they are already in the negative from last year....the demos lost this week too...this isn't good for a show that only got a one year renewal...if anything they should have used this time to increase viewers since the summer is usually a slow period....
DAYS demos have either increased or remained the same from last year though, so it is not in as much trouble as this is making it seem, not to mention the show was pre-empted in the west because of the hostage situation on Friday.

Besides 2010 is not even the year to compare when it comes to DOOL slumps IMO, last year and 2011 they were getting 1.5s, if we reach there again, we really need to be worried.
Edited by samwel, Feb 23 2013, 07:26 AM.

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I was reading this article about NBC's sweeps ratings (http://www.deadline.com/2013/02/nbc-sweeps-ratings-lastloses-to-univision/ ) and they are now in 5th place--behind Univision. I don't know if this is a correct thought or not but if they are getting an average of 1.2 in their evening lineup, imagine how happy they are with Days ratings, even these.

lysie
Member Avatar

Not bad, not good.

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

:wow: with all the amazing and powerful story lines on DAYS the ratings are reflecting it! :sarcasm: The people are speaking up! In the dailies 1/25 Ė 2/1 there were three 2.0 or higher, 2/4 Ė 2/8 one 2.0 and this week none I see a pattern forming here. Certain fans will spin it anyway to try and make it look good and will make excuses each week but a minus sign in front of a number isnít good! And if the pre-emption made a different they would have noted it in the ratings!

I also read that article about NBC coming in 5th place first time in history! Kind of says it all they arenít pleasing the viewers! :eyeroll:

Aliaron
Member Avatar

samwel
Feb 23 2013, 07:26 AM
LuvingLumi
DAYS demos have either increased or remained the same from last year though, so it is not in as much trouble as this is making it seem, not to mention the show was pre-empted in the west because of the hostage situation on Friday.

Besides 2010 is not even the year to compare when it comes to DOOL slumps IMO, last year and 2011 they were getting 1.5s, if we reach there again, we really need to be worried.
I don't usually join the ratings debate but they should not wait until they are at 1.5 to worry. That's like waiting until you are drowning to figure out if you should have learned how to swim.

samwel

lovinsafe
Feb 23 2013, 08:57 AM
:wow: with all the amazing and powerful story lines on DAYS the ratings are reflecting it! :sarcasm: The people are speaking up! In the dailies 1/25 Ė 2/1 there were three 2.0 or higher, 2/4 Ė 2/8 one 2.0 and this week none I see a pattern forming here. Certain fans will spin it anyway to try and make it look good and will make excuses each week but a minus sign in front of a number isnít good! And if the pre-emption made a different they would have noted it in the ratings!

I also read that article about NBC coming in 5th place first time in history! Kind of says it all they arenít pleasing the viewers! :eyeroll:
actually they only ever note national pre-emptions and when the negatives start showing up in the demos then the 'certain fans' you talk off may be off base, until then, DOOL is no worse or better.

Aliaron, that would be different from DOOL MO how? its what they do lol, but seriously they were getting 1.7s in the comparative week last year, so they still are not at that point.

lysie
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Feb 23 2013, 08:57 AM

Don't post in a ratings thread again until you can do it without baiting.

Southofsoap
Member Avatar

DAYS actually beat GH on Thursday. Its been a while since they were able to pull that off.

happy
Member Avatar

Why the big drop for GH? Is this the week they stopped focusing on vets and concentrating on newbies like Sabrina? I like the show overall at GH - but pacing seems off. They will have a big build or cliffhanger, but not follow up for a week. Are TPTB purposefully doing this to get a better idea of which stories/characters are drawing in numbers?

happy
Member Avatar

Southofsoap
Feb 23 2013, 09:40 AM
DAYS actually beat GH on Thursday. Its been a while since they were able to pull that off.
Can anyone breakdown what happened day by day on GH that week?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

samwel
LuvingLumi

On the demos, like I said if the ratings continue south week in and week out, even if it's with moderate drops sooner or later it'll catch up to them. No drop is good, NONE....they aren't even stagnant, they are in decline during a sweeps period. No bueno!

I'm comparing 2010 because the show was doing great in 2009, it had gained hundreds of thousands of fans over that year.....and the drop was so hard and so fast in 2010, that it had Corday coming out with his stupid plan to save Days by June.....In 2011 they were bad, but the decline began in 2010....it just went from bad to worse....it never recovered and by Feb of 2011, Whitesell was gone and by April Dena was gone, by May Tomlin was gone.

samwel

LuvingLumi
Feb 23 2013, 12:11 PM
samwel
LuvingLumi

On the demos, like I said if the ratings continue south week in and week out, even if it's with moderate drops sooner or later it'll catch up to them. No drop is good, NONE....they aren't even stagnant, they are in decline during a sweeps period. No bueno!

I'm comparing 2010 because the show was doing great in 2009, it had gained hundreds of thousands of fans over that year.....and the drop was so hard and so fast in 2010, that it had Corday coming out with his stupid plan to save Days by June.....In 2011 they were bad, but the decline began in 2010....it just went from bad to worse....it never recovered and by Feb of 2011, Whitesell was gone and by April Dena was gone, by May Tomlin was gone.
DAYS is back to its numbers around end of Dec/beginning Jan, that is not some grand swoop fall or decline, but settling after a gain for an event. The same happened after Nov 2011, and again after Aug 2012. Were there comparisons being made to 2010 then because like those times, its still not the same. Once the demos hold and they appear to be, DOOL will be just fine.

Every single soap fell this week and the fall for DAYS is not even the worse, should GH be panicking because they went from getting 2.3s last week to a 1.8 this week as well?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Isn't this the week Lysie said she liked? Didn't I tell you this would happen? :toetap:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

samwel
Feb 23 2013, 12:58 PM
LuvingLumi
samwel
LuvingLumi

DAYS is back to its numbers around end of Dec/beginning Jan, that is not some grand swoop fall or decline, but settling after a gain for an event. The same happened after Nov 2011, and again after Aug 2012. Were there comparisons being made to 2010 then because like those times, its still not the same. Once the demos hold and they appear to be, DOOL will be just fine.

Every single soap fell this week and the fall for DAYS is not even the worse, should GH be panicking because they went from getting 2.3s last week to a 1.8 this week as well?
They couldn't even hold the gains they had over a 2 week period around the time of the Nabi's wedding reveal....and let's face it...if they are back to the numbers they had in December now that they are in sweeps (when the stories should be drawing viewers in) then that is not very good. Issue is....in November of 2011 they had an event, it was sweeps too and they gained during that period. In August they had a two week hiatus for the Olympics, they left the show at a cliffhanger at the end of July for the Olympics and when they came back they had a moderate gain....it wasn't sweeps but circumstances surrounding the story would have made people come back to see who died, or lived and what way the story was going. what is happening now is NOTHING.....we have no gains during a period of time that usually had some...the last time the show didn't gain during sweeps was 2012....and soon after MarDar were out the door.

On the demos, they aren't holding...they both fell this week and if the trend continues it's not a good sign....that is all I'm saying....a few moderate loses at sweeps has never been a good sign for Days....this year is probably no different...we'll see...

ON GH...you can't even begin to compare what is going on at GH with what is going at at Days...look at the 'this time last year' number and it tells you.....plus Frisco's return the previous week was HUGE for the show....if anything it states that Frisco's return is more popular than Laura's but the show is still 100% better than it was this time last year...the numbers don't lie.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

EJ_SamiFF
Feb 23 2013, 12:16 AM
1. Y&R 4,600,000 (-164,000/-144,000)
The hype of Steve Burton has died down... significantly :mellow:

samwel

LuvingLumi
Feb 23 2013, 02:12 PM
samwel
Feb 23 2013, 12:58 PM
LuvingLumi
samwel

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

They couldn't even hold the gains they had over a 2 week period around the time of the Nabi's wedding reveal....and let's face it...if they are back to the numbers they had in December now that they are in sweeps (when the stories should be drawing viewers in) then that is not very good. Issue is....in November of 2011 they had an event, it was sweeps too and they gained during that period. In August they had a two week hiatus for the Olympics, they left the show at a cliffhanger at the end of July for the Olympics and when they came back they had a moderate gain....it wasn't sweeps but circumstances surrounding the story would have made people come back to see who died, or lived and what way the story was going. what is happening now is NOTHING.....we have no gains during a period of time that usually had some...the last time the show didn't gain during sweeps was 2012....and soon after MarDar were out the door.

On the demos, they aren't holding...they both fell this week and if the trend continues it's not a good sign....that is all I'm saying....a few moderate loses at sweeps has never been a good sign for Days....this year is probably no different...we'll see...

ON GH...you can't even begin to compare what is going on at GH with what is going at at Days...look at the 'this time last year' number and it tells you.....plus Frisco's return the previous week was HUGE for the show....if anything it states that Frisco's return is more popular than Laura's but the show is still 100% better than it was this time last year...the numbers don't lie.
when has sweeps ever made a difference for DOOL ratings when there was no stunt involved? Nov last year nope, May last year nope, Feb last year nope. You are only proving my point about DOOL not being able to retain its viewers after an event, its their NORMAL nothing to cause alarm as was earlier trying to made with the so called big swoop fall ala 2010.

The comparison to GH was simply to show, that when it comes to week in to week, falls do happen and if for eg they keep hitting 1.8s, last year won't matter because of where they were consistently for the past few months......this would be a more apt comparison for your DOOL 2010.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply