Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Interview with James Scott and Casey Jon Deidrick
Topic Started: Feb 24 2013, 12:19 AM (10,648 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

(The interview started with just James, and Casey joined a few minutes in)

How are you?
James: Iím tired. Itís not that Iím not excited. Itís been a long, long day.

Well, tell us what EJ has coming up.
James: My goodness. Whatís airing at the moment. Weíre four months ahead. Itís very confusing. Iím excited about whatís coming up. The stuff that I have with Alison Sweeney is wonderful. Iím really enjoying that. And I feel like that the stories that Iím about to go and tape...Iíll tell you what I love. The number one reason that I love them is that Sami is back to being trouble. You know what I mean? Remember when Sami was just a hot mess of trouble? Okay. Sheís back.

What do you think about the way EJís being written right now?
James: I donít...I have to say, you know...itís sort of a hard question to answer. Without commenting on how my character is written letís just say, I definitely enjoy when heís not...thereís have been times when heís been much more self-assured and powerful. And grounded. And I think thatís always when heís the strongest. I feel like every time he tries to change for love or become someone heís not, he fails. I loved him when he was charming and nasty.

Sweevil?
James: Yes. Heíd be really nice to you one minute, and then heíd cut your throat the next. Thatís when I liked him best.

Casey: Sorry, ladies. How are you? 

James; Marvelous, marvelous. Weíre just having a chat about me. We can talk about you later.

Casey: I want to talk about you. Letís talk about him.

So is that going to change any time soon?
James: God, I hope so.

You know some fans are calling him something different now.
James: What do you call him?

When heís being sort of sweet and schmoopy and kind of clicking his heels in Horton Town Square, some call him Everett.
James: Everett? Yes. Iíd love to see less of him. I feel that he should be that, but hereís the thing. The character should be loving and sweet with Samantha and he should be...thereís a scene coming up. Whatís airing at the moment? They have some stuff coming up with EJ and Sami where they are in bed trying to figure out how to deal with a problem, and thatís a big turning point in the relationship. I like him when heís not being Everett.

Casey, how are you?

Casey: Iím good. Just hanging out. I donít think Iíve slept in about 48 hours.

What does Chad have coming up?
James: Well, the big thing is heís just coming out.

Casey: That is true.

James: With me.

Casey: With EJ. EJ and Chad both decide to come out.

James: Itís an illicit and dangerous love affair. They knew it was wrong but it felt so right.

Casey: I think at first it starts off when you walk in on Chad in the shower.

James: Thatís exactly what happened.

Casey: You know, in all seriousness I really donít know anything.

Well, what have you been doing the last few months?
Casey: I feel like Iíve been in the damn coffee shop. Literally, every single scene is in the coffee shop.

James: Heís been making a lot of coffee.

Thatís probably why you havenít been sleeping.
Casey: Probably. Thereís this triangle going on with Cameron and Abigail. Thatís just round and circles, round and circles.

Itís going to keep going around in circles?
Casey: Pretty much. I know itís not that exciting, but I hope the performances make it exciting.

Will you be living in the mansion?
James: Itís coming.

Casey: I donít know. I donít even know where I live.

James: Youíre in the mansion. Stefano asks you to come live in the mansion. I ask you. Kristen asks you. We all ask you! ALl of us! Remember, we have those big shows where all of us asks you over and over again. Iím just kidding.

Casey: I was gonna say. I donít think so. Iíve had a couple of scenes with Stefano. I havenít been working much lately. Iím kind of on the backburner.

What about you [James]?

James: Iím warm. I was on the simmering plate for the last part of last year. I have very wonderful stuff with Alison.

How much trouble is it to cover your tattoos?
James: You should ask Glen. He covers them. Heís around here somewhere.

Casey: Yeah, he covers mine too.

How long does it take?
James: An hour. I think they can get it done in less than that on occasion, but generally itís an hour.

Anything else we might be interested in hearing today?
James: I think that what Iíve been working on in the last couple of months, and whatís coming up is just great soap opera. Itís really good. Itís grounded, but itís fun. If I was watching the show, itís a show that I would watch. If you read the scripts you get a good idea of how itís gonna play. It always amazes me when the ratings come in on a Thursday and the people who run the show are like ďOh my goodness. We canít believe the ratings arenít good,Ē or ďthe ratings are amazing. How did that happen?Ē Read the scripts. Because you know. You read the scripts, you know how good it is. My point is this. Iím reading shows now, and have been reading shows for the last couple of months that are just good. Theyíre fun. They donít take themselves too seriously. They deal well with really compelling stuff. Theyíre well written, well constructed. Theyíre just good. I hope I donít regret saying this, but itís the best stuff that Iíve read in a good couple of years. Easily.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

You brought up Everett!!!!!!!! I FREAKIN' LOVE YOU, LYSIE!!!! Ok, now I have to go read the rest of the interview.

AFaithL

LOL that James says he doesn't like Everett. I don't either, bud!

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lmao this is the best interview I've seen so far. Thank you for this

supercool74
Member Avatar

Awesome interview! They are not really my favorite characters or actors, but I did love this, and they were surprisingly honest sounding. CD especially, I like how he doesn't sound so enthused about his storyline, much like many of the viewers. Did like his "pop the cherry" comment. :D

Bee
Member Avatar

Bwahaha! I can't believe you brought up Everett. You are a loon. That was a great interview!

Dare I say I believe James when he says the stuff coming up is good...

Poor Casey. Chad really is stuck in a craptastic triangle of boring. Someone save that poor boy before he gets sucked into Abby's virgin hole of suck.
Edited by Bee, Feb 24 2013, 12:17 PM.

michr544125

Wow very interesting interview. Casey to me seems to be pretty direct that he isn't happy and story wise doesn't have much coming up except for this pitiful triangle. It may have actually worked if Cameron was more interesting and we actually saw Abby and Chad in a relationship prior to Cameron coming on the show. But this non story sucks all the way around. This virginity thing in itself is dreadful.

That is the one problem with this baby story. Chad and Abby should be heavily involved but they seem to be completely missing from it. When Blake did that one interview talking about having a lot of scenes coming up with Freddie and had no idea when Nick would confront Chad I could tell Chad was not part of this story.

I loved their humor about the shower since Will and Sonny just had that big shower sex scene :lol: .
Edited by michr544125, Feb 24 2013, 12:44 AM.

cord08

I love how Casey basically disses the triangle story line that he's involved in. Even he knows the virginity story line is kind of a dud. Haha!

oryfan
Member Avatar

Lolz, this interview is the bizness! :laugh:
I wanna see more Chad. Hope Casey starts working more soon.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Ok, great interview!!! You may have accidentally missed one fuck, Lysie. Either that or you left it in just for Soapy's benefit. Anyway, those two are all sorts of cute together and I loved how candidly they spoke with you. Seriously, they are loose and funny in this interview - such a rare thing! Yay to JS loving the Ejami stuff coming up and yay to Sami being a hot mess! I wish CD wasn't so back burner as I've really started enjoying Chabby over the last couple of months. LOL at his pop that cherry comment. Oh and I love this quote from JS...

Quote:

The character should be loving and sweet with Samantha and he should be...there's a scene coming up. What's airing at the moment? They have some stuff coming up with EJ and Sami where they are in bed trying to figure out how to deal with a problem, and that's a big turning point in the relationship. I like him when he's not being Everett.

It's EXACTLY what Matt was saying on Friday. EJ should be Everett with Sami because that's his girl, but EJ with everyone else. Look like with Ejami plotting against Nick, we're about to get just that. Love it.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Lysie, this interview is awesome sauce! I bow down to you.

lysie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 24 2013, 12:40 AM
Ok, great interview!!! You may have accidentally missed one fuck, Lysie.
He didn't ask me to remove that one. ;)

spartan
Member Avatar

Great interview!

Geez, you can tell how difficult it is for them to keep the story straight from what they have already taped and what has aired. Taping so far in advance sucks in so many ways. This is just another one of them.

Yup. More confirmation James agrees how I, and for that matter many EJamis, have been asking for them to be written. Sweet to each other and hell on wheels to everyone else. Let's hope the writers remember that.

I'm bummed it sounds like Casey is on the backburner. That means we will have to endure Cameron some more. I was kind of hoping that character would get kicked to the curb sooner rather than later and Chad could slide in so we could get a 100% Chabby story going.
Edited by spartan, Feb 24 2013, 12:51 AM.

cord08

Oh, and I thought James' comment about the ratings was interesting. Sounds like the showrunners have very little confidence in Days. If they did, I would think they wouldn't be surprised or shocked either way.

spartan
Member Avatar

Oh and the promise of a scene of EJami lying in bed together and plotting, er, I mean 'solving' a problem has me positively giddy!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

My favorite part of the interview was James's comments on the scripts and how well written and how well constructed they are as opposed to what's been seen the last few years. I couldn't agree more!

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

lysie
Feb 24 2013, 12:19 AM
Sweevil?
James: Yes.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

OMG...I am sitting here dying laughing. Especially at Casey's last comment. :roflol:
LOVED how honest JS is. I couldn't agree more that Everett should only come into play with Sami (and the kids). Everywhere else he should be Sweevil EJ.
I am thrilled to hear him say that old school Sami is back. Whoo Hoo!!!!!
And it sounds like EJami will be going strong for quite some time. :wub:
FANTASTIC interview, Lysie!
Edited by SocRMum1, Feb 24 2013, 12:59 AM.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 24 2013, 12:46 AM
tomsawyer
Feb 24 2013, 12:40 AM
Ok, great interview!!! You may have accidentally missed one fuck, Lysie.
He didn't ask me to remove that one. ;)
I'm making an educated guess at how many you had to edit out. :P

wendam99

Thank you lysie! You did such a great job tweeting all day and then to stay up late and post this interview and I am sure others; is just fantastic. We appreciate your hard work today.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply