Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Interview with John Aniston and Peggy McCay
Topic Started: Feb 24 2013, 12:45 AM (2,726 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Whatís coming up for your characters?
Peggy: I donít know. Well, Iím dealing with...my story is that my character has Alzheimerís. And itís important to deal with it because all of America is dealing with it. They had a very laid back scene where I went ďWell, if I lose my memory of today, Iíll just be happy.Ē And I said that that was terrible. Youíve got to put something in about how medical people are researching and thereís hope. You canít tell the public something like that. I think weíre dealing with something that reaches the people in this country, and I hope weíre some help.

John: Well, Victor is sort of dealing with domestic situations.

He has a lot of people living in his house.
J: He does a little house cleaning. He does a little of this, a little of that.

Weíve heard Brady is moving out.
John: I invited him to move back in the other day. Thatís all I know.

Caroline is about to have her first great-great grandchild.
Peggy: And whoís going to have it?

Gabi and Will.
Peggy: I thought it was me. Iím everybodyís mother and grandmother. Itís goes on and on.

Will you be involved in that story?
Peggy: I sure hope so.

You had a scene with Will recently.
Peggy: Yes, that was a nice scene. Weíre way ahead.

John: Ridiculously.
Peggy: We were much further ahead at one point. I came out of my dressing room and I saw Santa Claus. I had like a heart attack. I need to get presents.

John: The other day I said, ďShouldnít I have a coat on?Ē And they said, ďItís May.Ē

Victor has a lot of funny lines, but he also seems to stick to the misogynistic lines a lot. What are your thoughts on that?
John: Victorís not a misogynist at all. He just has a very low tolerance for stupid women.

Peggy: You? No, heís not

John: Victorís very charming. Heís charming to you, isnít he?

Peggy: Oh, well. You were my love.

John: You see? Itís just the Chloes and the Nicoles of the world that rub him the wrong way.

What are some of your favorite scenes or storylines?
John: One of the toughest jobs in the world is writing one of these things. 

Peggy: Yes

John: I mean, I donít envy these writers at all. Seventy pages a day, 52 weeks a year. It ainít easy. So if you get one good scene a month, youíve really got some good writers. So it all depends on the scene.

Peggy: My favorite part was when he [Victor] came back into Salem, and all that let loose about Bo. It was very dramatic. Heavy stuff. And romantic. And that was kind of wonderful.

John: Yeah, it was good stuff.

Peggy: We had a good time doing that.

Do any scenes or stories stand out that you didnít like?
Peggy: I guess I forgot them.

John: The ones where you talk too much and the ones where you talk too little.

A lot of our members complained about the scene when Victor was peeling potatoes.
Peggy: Peeling potatoes

John: I actually peeled them?

Peggy: Doesnít sound like him.

I honestly donít remember if they showed him doing it or just referenced that thatís what he was doing.
John: Iím sure they didnít show it. I wouldnít put up with that.

What would you like to see happen for your characters?
John: Oh, I donít know. It doesnít really matter as long as itís well-written.

Peggy: I like to be there. I like to be involved. I think it would be interesting to have another romance. Iím not ten! I say that to Sami. ďYouíre hiding facts from me? Iím forgetful. Iím not fragile.Ē Why not? I donít think itís inappropriate, and I think it would be something interesting to the older audience. Well, heís married now.

John: Well, IĒm not a fanatic about it.

Peggy: Okay.

John: Unfortunately, I think I am.

Is there anyone else on the show youíd like to work with more?
John: Well, for me the most fun...well, we have scenes together. Our scenes are wonderful, because weíve worked together so long.

Peggy: We really know each other.

John: Theyíre still not as much fun as when I tear the bitch apart.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

thanks, Lysie.
this interview made me smile & laugh. I heart John Aniston.

spartan
Member Avatar

Quote:

Victor has a lot of funny lines, but he also seems to stick to the misogynistic lines a lot. What are your thoughts on that?
John: Victorís not a misogynist at all. He just has a very low tolerance for stupid women.

*dies* Oh my....I've always heard John had a wicked sense of humor. He is killing me here. :laugh:

michr544125

Cute interview. Love this.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lol @ Peggy's Santa Claus comment. I'm so glad they all think Days being 4 months ahead is ridiculous

spartan
Member Avatar

Quote:

John: Theyíre still not as much fun as when I tear the bitch apart.

:chee: I should have kept reading! It just gets better! Too damn funny. I think I :cloud9: John A now, more than ever.

Okay, Peggy and John really seem to have an excellent rapport with one another. Makes sense but still so cute to read validation of it in print.

Another nice interview!
Edited by spartan, Feb 24 2013, 01:00 AM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

i wouldn't mind Victor & Maggie breaking up & Caroline & Victor rekindling their romance (not to the point where they basically copy what Victor & Maggie's "dating" storyline was, but have it be more of a "Victor's there for Caroline as her Alzheimer's gets worse" type storyline).

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

O.M.G. I'm fucking crying. These two have me in TEARS!

"Well, heís married now."
"Well, IĒm not a fanatic about it. [...] Unfortunately, I think I am."

"Theyíre still not as much fun as when I tear the bitch apart."

John Aniston FTW!

AFaithL

Peeling potatoes. LOL

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 24 2013, 01:04 AM
Peeling potatoes. LOL
when was Victor supposedly peeling potatoes & with who (or why)?

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Brami❤

TFP! I am completely in LOVE with these 2! I must see them paired on Days before it goes off air! Please PTB!!!! :wub:

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Another good interview. They are hilarious. I think John maybe just plays John...he has as many one liners as Victor.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

I'm literally crying right now from laughing over this awesome interview. I think you have a gift, Lysie. So much win. John and Peggy are just :wub:

cord08

Quote:

Caroline is about to have her first great-great grandchild.
Peggy: And whoís going to have it?

Gabi and Will.
Peggy: I thought it was me. Iím everybodyís mother and grandmother. Itís goes on and on.

LOL. "I thought it was me."

FREE CAROLINE FROM BABYSITTING HELL.
Edited by cord08, Feb 24 2013, 01:16 AM.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

ADORABLE interview!

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

John Anniston is hilarious!!

Good job Lysie & Michelle!!

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Love them both! LMAO that you mentioned Victor peeling potatoes. Great job, Lysie! :)
Edited by SocRMum1, Feb 24 2013, 01:27 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Fantastic interview! LMAO! I feel like both of them were having harmless fun but also got in a few, um, digs, which I appreciated, or at least took them as veiled digs.

I think we probably see a lot of John and Peggy in Victor and Caroline because the writing is ... eh for them at times. It's a shame. They're both still vital and able to work a lot. They are used a good amount but it sounds like Peggy/Caroline isn't being used much in the baby storyline? Which is kinda ridiculous because of Sami ... but who knows? I could be totally reading it wrong.
Edited by KMan101, Feb 24 2013, 06:53 AM.

PatNS
Member Avatar

LMAO - Loved it. Thanks for the great interview!

six
Member Avatar

That was awesome. Thanks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply