Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Interview with Shawn Christian and Kate Mansi
Topic Started: Feb 24 2013, 01:24 AM (4,234 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

What do you two have coming up?
Shawn: A lot that I canít talk about.

Is there anything you can talk about?
Kate: How much he loves working with me.

Shawn: I love working with Kate Mansi. I actually do. This girl does her homework. She really does her homework.

Weíve heard before that you try to research the histories.
Kate: Yeah, I think itís important to know where you came from, and if you canít find it you just kind of make it up for yourself. Then someone tweets you and texts, and you realize that wasnít correct. Like I found out I was a virgin a couple of months ago, and I was like ďSurprise!Ē

Is that still going to be a story in May?
Kate: Well. I think you should watch. No, itís still um. Itís a really exciting storyline, and thereís sort of an interesting triangle happening. If you watch, youíll see.

Shawn: She is not having sexual relations with anyone that I can express at this moment in time.

Kate: That is true. Thatís what we told my mom.

Shawn: Momís not here.

What do you think about this new story with Parker?
Shawn: I think itís fantastic. Itís quite a human quandary when you have a baby mama and a child you didnít even know was yours, and itís someone you actually really loved. It wasnít a one night stand. I was in love with this woman and ready to marry her. But heís moved forward with his life with Jennifer and is completely committed, and is trying to be a better person. Jennifer makes him a better person, and heís given the ultimatum to kind of juggle that. He canít have one without the other. Itís a very difficult challenge. I enjoy it. I love Parker. This kid listens like no one Iíve ever worked with.

Kate: Heís the sweetest thing.

Shawn: Itís just ďActionĒ and weíre off with the scene. Itís like weíre playing make believe.

Could you tell someone that heís too big for that playpen?
Shawn: We did. We had this conversation. Itís not appropriate for the kid, and I think they figured that out. But that kidís so chill.

Kate: Heís more of a professional than we are.

Shawn: Yeah, he just goes to work. The play pen has now been dismissed. It was in the script before they cast the baby. There are conversations about his age, and Iím like, ďI donít know if heís two.Ē I think there was something almost iconic about two parents looking at their child in a play pen. ďIconicĒ is kind of a big word. Thereís something precious about that image, and I think thatís what was trying to be portrayed.

What are your favorite scenes or storylines?
Kate: I think Iíve had a lot of great storylines. My favorite part of Days is working with Missy Reeves because sheís just such a terrific woman and mother and friend and mentor. Sheís just so great. I had my first scene with Missy and Shawn, and I was supposed to hug Shawn. So I just went into this big hug, and they were like, ďGuys, could you maybe try to have not any chemistry?Ē And I was so embarrassed. But I feel really blessed to be able to say that Iíve been working with the two of them from the beginning. Any my favorite storyline apart from that would be with Patrick and Christie. I thought that was so much fun. I got to get slapped which was exciting and scary.

Shawn: You hug Daniel like that again, Iím sure youíll get slapped. Mama will not be happy.

Kate: Thatís true.

Shawn: Itís interesting. We were trying to figure out the dynamic between Abby and Daniel. How do they relate? And we donít really know. So we just kind of act on what we creatively feel, and it makes some people uneasy. Itís really subjective. SOme people can totally see that as a stepdad type thing and other people are like Iíd keep my eyes on those two. So you get different directors who go...

Kate: Tone it down.

Shawn: Or maybe wonít sit us close. I donít know. My own personal demons probably come out.

Kate: Yeah, I think it translates because we are such good friends in real life. It makes sense to us, but people have their own ideas of how that should look. Because it could go anywhere. You never know.

Shawn: Oh my God. Can you imagine. You lost your virginity to me.

That wasnít one of the options Casey gave us earlier.
Shawn: Just getting people talking.

And whatís been your favorite?
Shawn: I did enjoy the Chloe/Philip baby storyline. When Daniel found out it wasnít his baby because he had invested so much in this woman, and he had so much faith. He was just blindly in love and would see past anything. Everyone in town knew that she had a one night stand, but me. And I couldnít even put it together. But to discover that in a church during a baptism. Hearing it from Caroline who is a pretty reliable source. Itís not like hearsay or Sami said ďblah blah blah.Ē It was just so well put together, and to actually bludgeon someone with a crucifix at your childís baptism. It had some many layers. And the woman who had the affair with my daughterís fiance was my daughterís husband.

Kate: (gasp)

Shawn: Right? Yeah.

Kate: Itís like The Godfather. Twisted all around.

Shawn: We literally go, like letís bludgeon him with the statue of the madonna and child. Itís almost appropriate. But then it would be inappropriate.

Kate: I donít think thatís appropriate at all. But okay.

Shawn: But then to do it with a crucifix and stop in the moment and realize thereís a better way to handle it. I liked that moment. It was good. I also had the question today about what have Maggie and Jennifer meant to Daniel. And Maggie has given me a sense of roots and foundation, and Jenniferís given me a sense of morality. Now he has to keep that kind of behavior in check because he wants to. He wants to be a better man, and Jennifer makes him a better man. His mother challenges him to be a better person. He makes odd choices of course, but thatís drama.

Is there anything else you can tell us about whatís coming up?
Shawn: I will have sex with...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cord08

HAHA, I can't believe they actually had a discussion on set about the playpen. And the contrast between Kate and Casey's opinions on the upcoming story is pretty amusing.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Oh dear gawd...

Thanks for taking one for the team. Lys.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Quote:

I wonder who's Daniel's next victim.... :x

TFP!

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I love that it always seems (from every interview I've ever read) that Shawn Christian truly does more work on Daniel's character than the actual writers ever have. I always get the impression that SC believes just as much as the rest of us that Daniel is a bit of a skeez and he tries to put that in there even when the actual writing doesn't quite want to acknowledge that.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

michr544125

cord08
Feb 24 2013, 01:28 AM
HAHA, I can't believe they actually had a discussion on set about the playpen. And the contrast between Kate and Casey's opinions on the upcoming story is pretty amusing.
I had the same reaction. But maybe Kate is just being more or less saying what she thinks she needs to say vs. Casey that doesn't care about being honest. Or maybe they really are going with Abby and Cameron and why Casey is on the backburner.

Edited by michr544125, Feb 24 2013, 01:32 AM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

"Kate: No, itís still um. Itís a really exciting storyline"

Oh, Kate. You're not convincing anyone with that line. Not even yourself

AFaithL

Playpen!!

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

EJ_SamiFF
Feb 24 2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:

TFP!
i'm crossing my fingers it's not Hope. ;)
i'm not sure there are very many options left for Daniel, unless he's referring to something like sleeping with Chloe because Jennifer decided to break up with him.

cord08

michr544125
Feb 24 2013, 01:31 AM
cord08
Feb 24 2013, 01:28 AM
I had the same reaction. But maybe Kate is just being more or less saying what she thinks she needs to say vs. Casey that doesn't care about being honest. Or maybe they really are going with Abby and Cameron and why Casey is on the backburner.

Yeah, I think Kate is just towing the company line.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Lysie, this one was......interesting. In a weird kind of way.

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Quote:

Hearing it from Caroline who is a pretty reliable source. Itís not like hearsay or Sami said ďblah blah blah.Ē

Ha ha.

It's been too long since daytime had a good mother/daughter/step-father triangle, that I recall. I would be up for it. Unlike this virginity stuff, it's instant story.
Edited by granolagirl, Feb 24 2013, 01:41 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Feb 24 2013, 01:34 AM
EJ_SamiFF
Feb 24 2013, 01:29 AM
Quote:

TFP!
i'm crossing my fingers it's not Hope. ;)
i'm not sure there are very many options left for Daniel, unless he's referring to something like sleeping with Chloe because Jennifer decided to break up with him.
I don't think it's anyone.

bomber
Member Avatar

Dannifer still going full steam in May. Good grief. :x

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Kudos for mentioning the playpen. That kid looks old enough to vote and get drafted into the military. He's way too big for that thing. I have a feeling Daniel is going to sleep with Chloe but I'm not going to like it...

Romancer66

bomber
Feb 24 2013, 01:50 AM
Dannifer still going full steam in May. Good grief. :x
::shudder:: So much for the hope that TIIC have realized what a dud Dannifer 2.0 is and are planning to end it in the near future. They really are determined to push this lackluster pairing down the viewers' collective throat. At least SC didn't talk about how passionate and romantic this couple are--maybe that would be too hard even for him to sell.

As for Abigail's story--ye gods, could anything be more tedious than this "last virgin in Salem" crap? I don't care who pops her cherry when the two main contenders are equally boring and unappealing.

AFaithL

I hope Daniel sleeps with Chloe! Make it happen, writers, before you send Nadia packing!

Evan
Member Avatar

I guess my FF button will still be working overtime by May/June.

My dream SL: Jennifer walks in on Daniel fucking Abagail, and then the shit really hits the fan LOL
Edited by Evan, Feb 24 2013, 06:51 AM.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Good interview. Not exactly sure what I got out of it except the fact the playpen is gone and that I continue to like Kate Mansi and wish she'd get a halfway decent storyline!

six
Member Avatar

Well, okay then. Glad the playpen is gone.

Thanks.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply