Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Interview with Eric Martsolf and Arianne Zucker
Topic Started: Feb 24 2013, 01:48 AM (5,131 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Whatís coming up for the two of you?
Eric: What is happening with your character? Miss Priest Bedder.

Arianne: Well, I turn into a nun. Wearing habits. I actually start with putting a habit on and then I canít...

Eric: I donít believe a thing sheís saying

Arianne: I canít go through with it.

Eric: Iím prepared to do a serious interview. I donít know why sheís here.

Arianne: I am the worst at teasers. Iíll give you my general teaser. First say, ďAri is the worst interviewer ever.Ē No, seriously. We are three months ahead of schedule. So Nicole is tormented about leaving, because she wants to do the right thing. Which I think is hysterical. Now? How many years later you want to do the right thing? And youíre going to leave because you canít sleep with the priest. Now? How about when you were switching babies. Come on.

Eric: IĒm trying not to interject here as Brady. Weíre discussing my brother the priest. Go ahead.

Arianne: You know, what youíll start to see is she literally is gaining her moral outlook on life. She really wants to do the right thing. Now, the good thing, and I say this because itís more fun, is that she doesnít necessarily choose the right thing.

Eric: Atta girl.

Arianne: She wants the good thing but doesnít. Itís such a challenge for her, so itís a challenge for me now. Iím having to direct this character into a direction that theyíd like to see her in, and maintain what I donít want to lose for the character because I think thatís what makes her so fun.

How do you think theyíre doing with that so far?
Arianne: Well, I think thatís a combination of what theyíre writing and the writers and producers still allowing me to be the creator and making whatever magic off the page. So far, so good. It is interesting when Iím reading the script, and Iím like, ďOh. What is this? Iím making a good choice? Is this my character?Ē

Eric: Weíve had a lot of surprises all across the board.

Arianne: Youíre absolutely right.

So whatís coming up for Brady?
E: Well, heís got a little bit of a crush on a DiMera right now, which could cause a potential problem. The interesting thing abour this is that its not necessarily youíre typical woman is seeing revenge and is going to be manipulative and use this man as a tool. It has a turn in the sense that maybe some real feelings fall into this whole idea that she had and itís going to present a big problem when it comes to fruition. Can she go through with her plan when in fact she may realize that getting revenge on this man and woman from her past may be wonderful, but perhaps falling in love and allowing yourself to be loved by another might be something better. Eileen and I were very happy the writers decided to throw that curve ball into the mix. What seemed to be kind of a typical soap story, has now turned into kind of a love story gone astray. I couldnít be happier working with her.

Arianne: Sheís fabulous.

You have some fans who really want to see the relationship between Nicole and Sydney continue. There have been a few scenes here and there that seem to hint at that.
Arianne: I feel bad, and I donít say anything because I donít know. I really, really donít know. Itís better for me not to say anything because I donít know. However, it is interesting that they just give a little taste here and there. I do wonder because there really isnít much in the scenes, but they made the scenes happen. They created the scenes. I constantly wonder why, but it is lovely that the writers still respect the relationship that is there. Now they do write a six month to a year arc which could change at any moment. They might literally have something in a year form now that we have no clue about.

Eric: Fans should be encouraged to let their voices be heard. Because if they donít think the network is listening, they couldnít be more mistaken. And thereís all sorts of outlets they can use.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

BRISTEN!!!! It's on!! (happy dancing)

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Thanks, another nice interview.

AFaithL

And Sydole!

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Lovely interview. My favorite line: "Can she go through with her plan when in fact she may realize that getting revenge on this man and woman from her past may be wonderful, but perhaps falling in love and allowing yourself to be loved by another might be something better." :wub: But omg, my heart is going to break for Kristen's sake when it blows up in her face.

Looks there is no sydole in the future. I'm probably not going to lose sleep over it. As much as I'll :eyeroll: when they have scenes, I understand that, regardless of the circumstances behind it, Nicole still loves her and all that happened in the past is a part of the reason she is how she is now. Maybe if this thing with Eric works out, she'll finally have her own kid with him and the family she has always wanted. Speaking of ericole...

OMG, they are going to be the death of me! I can't wait! :wub: I can feel the future angst already!!!!
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Feb 24 2013, 02:31 AM.

AFaithL

Nicole is getting heroine writing in the future from the sound of things.

angie37
Member Avatar

I'll take Ericole and Bristen for 2013! Way to go Days to create two couples I actually enjoy watching. :hail:

KMan101
Member Avatar

If Nicole continues the way she has been, it'll be fine. I guess Tomsell figured if they couldn't make Sami the heroine, they'd make Nicole the heroine. Just. NO. WRITE A FLAWED CHARACTER. She doesn't have to be good OR evil. She works just the way she is.

Other than that, excellent interview!

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Yes! Bristen & Ericole are just what I want. I was hoping that there`d be some tidbits about them. EricM/EileeenD and GregV/AriZ as Bristen/Ericole literally have me glued to the TV. Glad to know that their stories are heating up.
Edited by lazydazes, Feb 24 2013, 07:54 AM.

chinkybig

Happy to see Nicole's character finally taking center stage, rightfully so, and getting some good writing and really engaging storyline. It's about time, way long overdue. Producers should wake up that Nicole is the way to go. Sami is way past her expiration date.
Edited by chinkybig, Feb 24 2013, 08:10 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

awesome interview! thanks so much! :)

six
Member Avatar

Thanks. Hope they don't change Nicole too much.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Thanks. I like how Arianne knows her character and knows exactly what part of her character makes her so interesting and that she tries to stay true to that with her acting choices even if the script reflects something different.

AFaithL

six
Feb 24 2013, 09:15 AM
Thanks. Hope they don't change Nicole too much.
I agree. Especially with the whole Kristen v Nicole stuff coming up. It will be no fun if Nicole takes the high road.

I hope they leave her grey.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I believe that`s why the character works so well. Ari knows every facet that makes the character tick. Personally, I`ve never viewed Nicole as an outright villainess. Pretty much she`s always been flawed. As long as she`s maintained at that level, her stories will continue to work. And I love the Sydole mentions/scenes, but IMO, the show would be taking a colossal step backwards if they were to revisit the story fully. I am liking the fact that the writers are exploring a different route with Nicole`s character, and there has been too many parental reversals, ie Parker. But that`s just my perspective only.
What I really enjoyed was the hint that more scandalous Ericole is on the horizon. That just makes me all kinds of giddy!
And LOL at Martsolf`s opening: Miss Priest Bedder. EM has a wicked sense of humor.
As for Bristen, gosh, I love these two together! Martsolf & Davidson are a great combination.
Ericole and Bristen are must-see-tv for me.
Thanks for the wonderful interview!

Vicky4Mimi

Wonderful interview. I love both those actors and their characters. I see lots of hope for Sydole and Ari seems to see it too. They can keep pumping out those wonderful Sydole scenes to keep it fresh on our minds all they want to.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Great interview!!

They both seem so genuinely fun & nice.

I think tptb are leaving themselves leg room with Sydole, but it doesn't seem like it's anything coming anytime soon.

Love that Kristen is going to fall in love with Brady & complicate her plan.

I think this is the first time since EM took over the Brady role that a pairing for him is actually working.

King
Member Avatar

I see Kristen falling for Brady, getting left at the altar...again. And then being pregnant.

Sparrow

This was such a good interview. I kept thinking of that scene before the baby switch when Nicole was about to marry EJ and Brady was begging her not to go through with it. There was so much, just, yearning please let me be the one to save you in that scene. Brady is sort of a doofus, but he's one of my favorite characters just because I like EM so much. And I love Nicole because AZ just seems to be genuinely committed to her craft. Both actors seem to actually have the ability to deliver subtext in their scenes, intended by the writers or not, that add depth and a new facet to the scene and make it so much more satisfying (to me, anyway) than watching just a delivery of lines (see CB and CD for example.)

It definitely seems to me that they are leaving that door open for Sydole, and with a wedge under it to keep it from closing accidentally. That is as purely soapy a story as can be told, and they'd be stupid to not at least leave that option on the table for a few years. If Days actually stays on air long enough for the current crop of kiddies to be soras'd, I'd love to see it happen with a young teen Sydole. ( Actually, there is enough built-in angst with the pre-school set to keep them in stories for years if they get the chance to grow up. Who here doesn't want to see teenage Allie go full on rage monster on Sami for all the years of neglect?)

OH yeah, and Bristen! I have been grooving on this relationship, but to add that heartbreaking angle of whether Kristen can let go of revenge and just be loved... Aw geez. It might be nice if having Kristen around brings out the evil in Stefano again. Kristen wants to have true love with Brady but Stefano keeps taunting and threatening her to go through with the revenge. Could we just? C'mon, pleeeeeease???
Edited by Sparrow, Feb 24 2013, 12:12 PM.

AFaithL

SoapGal1
Feb 24 2013, 11:41 AM
I think this is the first time since EM took over the Brady role that a pairing for him is actually working.
So. Much. Truth. I'm glad they FINALLY found him a pairing that works. Thank you, writers, for finally coming through for him and giving him a great leading lady in ED.

And...Eric seems happy with where things are headed for them. I don't see Bristen ending in May sweeps. They may not get married right away, but they are definitely not over as a couple.

And "hell yes" to a Bristen baby. If Sami can have 4 kids, surely Brady can have 1. Let's spread the love around, people.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply