Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Interview with Eric Martsolf and Arianne Zucker
Topic Started: Feb 24 2013, 01:48 AM (4,907 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The network listens my ass!! If they did, jack would still be alive and dannifer would be a distant bad memory.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 24 2013, 12:17 PM
The network listens my ass!! If they did, jack would still be alive and dannifer would be a distant bad memory.
:hail: :cheer: :hail: :applause: :hail:

blueskies
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 24 2013, 12:14 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 24 2013, 11:41 AM
I think this is the first time since EM took over the Brady role that a pairing for him is actually working.
So. Much. Truth. I'm glad they FINALLY found him a pairing that works. Thank you, writers, for finally coming through for him and giving him a great leading lady in ED.

And...Eric seems happy with where things are headed for them. I don't see Bristen ending in May sweeps. They may not get married right away, but they are definitely not over as a couple.

And "hell yes" to a Bristen baby. If Sami can have 4 kids, surely Brady can have 1. Let's spread the love around, people.

I totally want to see them have a baby. But I can't decide whether I want a "miracle baby" where Kristen finds out she's pregnant either right before or right after everything goes to hell, OR Kristen collects a specimen and purposely gets pregnant by Brady. Obviously the latter is more realistic given her fertility issues and age.

AFaithL

blueskies
Feb 24 2013, 12:31 PM
AFaithL
SoapGal1
I think this is the first time since EM took over the Brady role that a pairing for him is actually working.
So. Much. Truth. I'm glad they FINALLY found him a pairing that works. Thank you, writers, for finally coming through for him and giving him a great leading lady in ED.

And...Eric seems happy with where things are headed for them. I don't see Bristen ending in May sweeps. They may not get married right away, but they are definitely not over as a couple.

And "hell yes" to a Bristen baby. If Sami can have 4 kids, surely Brady can have 1. Let's spread the love around, people.

I totally want to see them have a baby. But I can't decide whether I want a "miracle baby" where Kristen finds out she's pregnant either right before or right after everything goes to hell, OR Kristen collects a specimen and purposely gets pregnant by Brady. Obviously the latter is more realistic given her fertility issues and age.
Or they hire a surrogate who tries to take off with their baby. That would be big drama. Especially if Stefano "claimed" he was on Kristen's side, but was secretly working against them and urging the surrogate to take off with the child. His motive? Because he can't stand the thought of Kristen having a kid with Brady in the first place.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

AFaithL
Feb 24 2013, 12:51 PM
blueskies
Feb 24 2013, 12:31 PM
AFaithL
SoapGal1

Or they hire a surrogate who tries to take off with their baby. That would be big drama. Especially if Stefano "claimed" he was on Kristen's side, but was secretly working against them and urging the surrogate to take off with the child. His motive? Because he can't stand the thought of Kristen having a kid with Brady in the first place.

or Stefano has been secretly pumping Kristen with fertility drugs because he knows how much she wanted to have kids. They could also give Brady a kid via his unsupervised time in Europe all those years ago. Have the kid reappear and Brady/Kristen decide to raise the little arms of steel spawn themselves

esp13
Member Avatar

I loved Ari's comment about Nicole wanting to do the right thing, but not necessarily making good choices in that process. I've said before that Nicole and Eric remind me of Steve and Kayla and Ari's comments about Nicole just reinforce that. I'm looking forward to seeing that develop further.

am103
Member Avatar

I just love these two. I'm betting that Kristen is going to want to get married for real but Brady is going to come to his senses at the wedding and bail on her at the altar - then Kristen is REALLY going to go crazy!

As always, I'm looking forward to what's next for Ericole. Those two are really selling it!

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

This just makes my lil Nicole-lovin' heart happy. Ari is one of the few who can go from nutso "grey girl" to this. I really do need to start watching again...........

concerned
Member Avatar

It concerns me that they are trying to fix something that isn't broken.
There's a whole lot of characters that need an overhaul / reboot. Nicole isn't even on my top twenty.

AFaithL

concerned
Feb 24 2013, 08:01 PM
It concerns me that they are trying to fix something that isn't broken.
There's a whole lot of characters that need an overhaul / reboot. Nicole isn't even on my top twenty.
Yeah, Nicole is fine the way she is. I don't see her as a villainess, but not some noble heroine either. Is it too much to ask for her to be a complex character? I don't want her to lose her "edge". I want her to be able to get down in the dirt when necessary.

Cathalina

Nicole has always been entertaining to me. Lately she has been given a reformation, which makes me think they are going to try to make her a bit of a heroine. Now, shtupping a priest may preclude that, but remember Marlena also did have an affair and Lexie's panties used to drop with more regularity than the ball in Times Square at NYE. I think they tried this with AS, but she just didn't have the range as an actress. AZ has a great range, so maybe she can. I think they are almost flipping Sami with Nicole, and putting AS back as a schemer since that seems to be her comfort zone.

Serenity 808

I agree that it does seem like Nicole is taking over Sami's role in that her character is slowly being reformed or at least trying to be a better person, and it makes so much more sense for AZ to play that role than AS, as AZ can play pretty much anything (though I do think AS is a decent actress that gets unfairly criticized here sometimes, she just doesn't cut it as a heroine). When Nicole is doing awful things, AZ can make us sympathize with the character, and when she's trying to do the right thing, she doesn't come across as holier than thou or completely saccharine, either.

I do hope they drop Sydole, though- I just find it tiring. Nicole really needs a child of her own.

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 24 2013, 12:17 PM
Yeah, they may be listening, but who are they listening to is my question.

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

Great interview. AZ is always so engaging - just love her. I like the her comments about the Ericole stuff - it sounds hopeful that they intend to have Nicole fighting her feelings and trying to do the right thing rather than setting out to seduce Eric away from the church. That's exactly what I've been hoping would happen.

And I totally agree that Bristen seems to be the one and only pairing they've written for EM that is really working. I look forward to seeing where it's headed next.

Another excellent job, Lysie!

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

I just love AZ. Another fun interview!

King
Member Avatar

I love Eric In this! Makes me like him a whole lot more.

NikiLani
Member Avatar

I don't understand why continue with the Sydole scenes unless it's for a purpose. Nicole showing up Sami as being a good mother is alright in my book but if they won't make Nicole Sydney's mother then they need to stop teasing us fans who have wanted Nicole to have a child of her own for years now.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

I don't want Sydney to belong to Nicole unless she was getting back with EJ. She is not so I like that all ties to him are cut.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

Cute interview.....I don't want them to make Nicole a heroine though, I love her just the way she is...and AZ can make the character sympathetic, something that AS has failed to do with Sami for years.....I do want her to try to do the right thing on occasion and then fail and go down the wrong path a bit....

I can just imagine Lysie staring at EM's arms...
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Just because she's reforming slightly doesn't mean she has to be a heroine, or at least a traditional one. To me, it's a natural evolution because AZ has always done a good job of making it clear that all the bad things that Nicole is doing come from a vulnerable/hurting place, not from evil motives. As she herself said, we now have Nicole trying to do the right thing but not necessary making the right choices as to how to do that. I think that sounds just about perfect.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply