Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Interview with Eric Martsolf and Arianne Zucker
Topic Started: Feb 24 2013, 01:48 AM (5,166 Views)
deletemyaccountplease

Nicole will get pregnant by eric the first time they have sex
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

pennieloafer
Feb 25 2013, 09:00 AM
Nicole will get pregnant by eric the first time they have sex
As much as I want her to be a mother, I would actually question the plausibility of this story.

Lil
Member Avatar

Still not down with the "love" between Brady and Kristen. While I agree that ED may be the only pairing that has worked for EM, I want Kristen to go full steam ahead with her revenge. So far, she still is. And that's a good thing. I may end up being surprised.

Nicole, while I want my martini swilling bitch queen back.... I don't think anyone has to worry because AZ can sell anything given to her and she really actually pays attention to her character and adds proper subtext when needed. I think no matter what TIIC give to her, she's up to it. Much more so than AS ever has been or ever will be. AZ was horrible when she first started but she really took time to develop her acting. AS is still the same pig-snouted stompy whiney pain in the ass she has always been.

michelle
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 25 2013, 08:59 AM
Just because she's reforming slightly doesn't mean she has to be a heroine, or at least a traditional one. To me, it's a natural evolution because AZ has always done a good job of making it clear that all the bad things that Nicole is doing come from a vulnerable/hurting place, not from evil motives. As she herself said, we now have Nicole trying to do the right thing but not necessary making the right choices as to how to do that. I think that sounds just about perfect.
So right on. I don't really view anyone as a hero/heroine anymore. I think the characters all have flaws, some just more than others.

concerned
Member Avatar

My only problem with her being. Heroine is that the writers don't seem to be able to write heroines particularly well. I don't doubt that she would be able to sell it but I don't want her to be sidelined because of it or become all Jen like.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

concerned
Feb 25 2013, 04:12 PM
My only problem with her being. Heroine is that the writers don't seem to be able to write heroines particularly well. I don't doubt that she would be able to sell it but I don't want her to be sidelined because of it or become all Jen like.
I have a hard time picturing AZ playing Nicole, even heroine Nicole, all Jen-like. AZ knows how to put nuances in her acting. I mean, who would have suspected people would have been sympathetic to a baby snatcher? She came across very well during that whole Sydney storyline. The actor makes a big difference.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

rpmaluki
Feb 25 2013, 03:01 AM
I don't understand why continue with the Sydole scenes unless it's for a purpose. Nicole showing up Sami as being a good mother is alright in my book but if they won't make Nicole Sydney's mother then they need to stop teasing us fans who have wanted Nicole to have a child of her own for years now.
I think you actually answered your own question. Even if they aren't going to do a Sydole story, they put in the scenes to tease the fans that want it. That way they get them to keep watching. Soaps are basically 90% torture and 10% payoff. At least if they're well written, they are.

concerned
Member Avatar

Those odds suck

AFaithL

Uh, NO to Nicole becoming Jennifer-lite. I like the writing for her currently. I definitely don't want to see her becoming self-righteous, pious, charisma-free, and sex-less.

She can still be a sympathetic character...much more than Sami is....and be a good person. But not enter Jennifer territory in terms of being saccharine.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

From this interview, it seems that the stakes have been raised in the ericole and bristen stories. What I appreciate about both is that there is so much internal conflict involved. AZ/EM seem focused on the emotional beats of the story while maintaining the integrity of their characters. I am loving how they are writing Nicole but I`m sure that its due to AZ putting her natural spin. And EM has always been a fave of mine, and I`m interested in his take when he discovers kristen`s deceptions. Both of these stories are so win-win, and I plan to be there for every beat as they play out.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Thanks for the interview! Really good stuff here. Love AZ and EM and love the Ericole and Bristen stories right now (even though Brady's willful blindness is utterly exasperating at times). Loved that new Sydney's first scene (I think?) was with Nicole. I am a happy camper.

Cathalina

tomsawyer
Feb 25 2013, 08:33 PM
rpmaluki
I don't understand why continue with the Sydole scenes unless it's for a purpose. Nicole showing up Sami as being a good mother is alright in my book but if they won't make Nicole Sydney's mother then they need to stop teasing us fans who have wanted Nicole to have a child of her own for years now.
I think you actually answered your own question. Even if they aren't going to do a Sydole story, they put in the scenes to tease the fans that want it. That way they get them to keep watching. Soaps are basically 90% torture and 10% payoff. At least if they're well written, they are.
:P If they are well written...ahem. While at this point the dialogue is better, the storylines not so much. Also, though, why cast a little girl who looks so much like AZ?

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 26 2013, 05:54 AM
tomsawyer
rpmaluki
:P If they are well written...ahem. While at this point the dialogue is better, the storylines not so much. Also, though, why cast a little girl who looks so much like AZ?
The stories are lackluster at best. I don't have a favorite story running at the moment but the performances have held my interest to some degree.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Cathalina
tomsawyer
rpmaluki
I think they probably tried to cast a child who could act and felt comfortable in front of the camera.....looks were probably secondary.

In all honesty, I don't see any particular resemblance in the new Sydney to either Ari, James, or Ali.

michelle
Member Avatar

Cathalina
tomsawyer
rpmaluki
Because she can act?

I don't think she looks like Sami or Nicole, but she is hella lot cuter than the last Sydney who may have been the most expressionless child ever born.

michelle
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 26 2013, 07:47 AM
Cathalina
tomsawyer
rpmaluki
I think they probably tried to cast a child who could act and felt comfortable in front of the camera.....looks were probably secondary.

In all honesty, I don't see any particular resemblance in the new Sydney to either Ari, James, or Ali.
It's like we share a brain. :wub2:

gailwinters
Member Avatar

michelle
Feb 26 2013, 12:17 PM
gailwinters
Feb 26 2013, 07:47 AM
Cathalina
tomsawyer

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

It's like we share a brain. :wub2:
Please channel your memories from Saturday to my part of the brain. :smooch:

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I dont want nicole to be totally good i love that shes a grey character that wants or thinks shes doing the right thing but it doesnt always turn out that way. Ari is a great actress though so i feel like shes going to sell whatever shes given. So far im really enjoying ericole so i cant wait to see more of them

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply