Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Interview with Galen Gering and Camila Banus
Topic Started: Feb 24 2013, 02:18 AM (6,299 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

What do you two have coming up?
Camila: Cray cray stuff. Iím not really allowed to say much.

I mean, youíre pregnant.
Camila: Iím going to be pregnant for a while.

Weíve seen pictures of the baby on twitter so we know thatís coming up.
Camila: The baby? Youíve seen the baby? What baby?

Galen: Well, you had to figure there was a baby.

Camila: That wasnít my baby. I went to...what is that breathing class? 

Galen: Lamaze?

Camila: I went to that class, and there was a baby there, and I was holding it. That wasnít my baby.

Galen: Youíre pregnant in real life? 

Camila: No! Anyway, a lot of stuff happens.

Galen: Obviously weíre connected because weíre brother and sister, so I have to look out for her and make sure sheís okay. And I donít know if the guy sheís with is ultimately going to pan out.

Camila: You know before we didnít really have that many scenes, so when we would work together weíd be really excited. The fans would comment on twitter. But now weíve been working together so much...

Galen: Youíre sick of me.

Camila: No. Iím not.

Galen: Awwww. Itís been great. In fact, one of the things that I love is this relationship theyíve written for this brother and sister. Obviously we have a connection that is very brother/sister like. She was wearing something kind of risque today, and I had to give her a hard time about it. She got mad at me, so thatís very normal.

Camila: I love our brother/sister relationship. I think itís so cool because when I first got on the show, I was kind of like ďAw, Iím probably not going to make any friendsĒ because itís always just awkward when youíre replacing somebody because the other actors already have a relationship with that person. But then I came in and started working with Galen and Lindsey. It was very awkward at first because we didnít know each other. Our friendship on the outside has translated into our characters and vice versa. Our brother/sister relationship on Days turned into a brother/sister relationships off camera, too. Heís getting off the plane and is texting me like, ďGet me something to eatĒ and Iím like, ďWhat do you want?!Ē Itís been awesome.

Tell us about this thing going on with Rafe and Kate.
Galen: You know, itís so funny too with that relationship with Kate because now Gabi is kind of looking out for me because she doesnít like Kate.

Camila: Remember, I (Gabi) told you that you need to get with Sami because that was the only time in your life that I ever saw you happy.

Galen: Yeah. But I was pretty miserable actually at that time.

Camila: Well, Gabi was there for the happy times.

Galen: Anyway, what I love about the relationship with Kate is that these two characters donít expect anything from each other except basically to have a good time in bed. I donít even know if they trust each other. On that level itís almost really honest. Most of the time in Daytime, especially for me, youíre this altruistic, heroic character looking to get into this long term relationship and be all meaningful. But theyíre just like, no. Weíre just going to have sex and itís cool. Whatever. Donít leave your stuff at my house, and I wonít leave mine at yours. Then obviously her relationship with Stefano DiMera. That can become complicated when he finds out potentially. So there are a lot of levels to explore with her and him. And using her potentially as an ally with the baby.

What are some of your favorite moments?
Galen: I loved the impostor storyline where I got to play the asshole. Which was like when Camila came in. You came in before that, but we didnít have a lot of scenes, and then we had a lot of scenes during that, and I thought you were going to hate me.

Camila: I love everything we do because itís all so crazy. LIke a break up - you have to smash every single plate in the room? Okay. Fine. Pregnancy - your mother in law has to scream at you to the point that you almost have a pregnancy scare? Really. Everything is just pushed to the limit. Youíre obsessing with this guy and it turns into an explosion in a tunnel and you get kidnapped. Really? Drama.

Galen: High stakes.

What are your least favorite things youíve done?
Galen: As an actor you invest a lot into this person that you sort of come to believe that your alter ego exists, and you know how that person thinks and what they do. So when the writing goes against that, and you canít find a reason as to why youíre doing this, you struggle. The fans see it, too. Especially if itís a character thatís been for a while. You know that number one, youíre having a hard time with it. Number two, the fans arenít going to like it. And number three, because of that itís probably not going to be a story that is successful.

Camila: I want to say this. I feel like when Gabi went through the whole obsessing with Chad, I feel like that was Gabi 2. They didnít really play that, but Iím going to justify that as Stefano kidnapped Gabi, and had a double for her. So really donít blame Gabi, because that was Gabi 2. Iím just saying.

Galen: Yeah. Because you would never do something like that. Not my sister. No way.

Camila: Also, I feel like when they stretch things for a very long time, because we do so many storylines in a small amount of time, it gets boring and slow. Not only for the fans to watch, but us too.

Is there anything else you can tell us?
Galen: I donít think that thereís love between Rafe and Kate. I think itís more a flingish thing.

Camila: Thereís going to be a lot of ups and downs in the custody thing. Thereís going to be some darkness. Thereís going to be some light.

Galen: Twins!

Camila: Thereís not going to be twins.

Galen: No?

Camila: No. But itís going to be fun to watch.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AFaithL

Too cute.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Awww, you can feel the bro/sis dynamic in the interview.
I can't wait for more Kafe. Good to know that they'll only be fuck buddies. I got nervous that they were going to fall in love, especially Kate. Dicole started out this way but then feelings got into the mix and we all know how that ended. :shame: Plus, I still want my State reunion and, even better, for Stefano to find out about this! :laugh: In the meantime, I don't mind her using Rafe as her boytoy. In fact, I'm all for it. Go, Kate!
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Feb 24 2013, 02:40 AM.

mirabella

Love this interview. Galen and Camilla sound like real bro and sis.....quite natural and at ease with each other.

Thanks for sharing!

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Great interview! GG and CB have a fun dynamic.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yet ANOTHER great interview!

Camila and Galen are hilarious. I loved Camila's recap of the events going on because it has to come off even more hilarious and insane to the actors when they're shooting them. I can't even imagine what some of them think. Well ... I guess just get em drunk and shove em in front of Twitter.

six
Member Avatar

Rate is still happening? LoL
CB has gotten better at interviews. Good for her.

Thanks.

PatNS
Member Avatar

Another great interview. They seem so relaxed with each other and their friendship comes across in this interview. I get the feeling that Galen was referring to the whole Rafe / Carrie thing in his one response about knowing something is out of character and that it won't work ... I could be wrong ... just my impression. Really enjoyed reading Camilla's take on things.

Thanks.

blueskies
Member Avatar

"flingish"? Damn you Galen, already hating on the Rate, lol ;)

michr544125

I guess she was trying to be funny but that was all Gabi who is to blame for part of what happened to Mel. I really hope that's not blown under the rug. It's important to the custody battle.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

Quote:

Camila: I love everything we do because itís all so crazy....... Pregnancy - your mother in law has to scream at you to the point that you almost have a pregnancy scare?...........

Did she misspeak or could this be a hint!

Also, apparently she doesn't know that there are photos of the baby on Deidre's FB page and tweets by the aunt of the twins cast saying 'my niece is playing Sami's granddaughter'.

jeanneshuis
Member Avatar

thanks lysie great interview love my g-man

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

gailwinters
Feb 24 2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:

Camila: I love everything we do because itís all so crazy....... Pregnancy - your mother in law has to scream at you to the point that you almost have a pregnancy scare?...........

Did she misspeak or could this be a hint!

Also, apparently she doesn't know that there are photos of the baby on Deidre's FB page and tweets by the aunt of the twins cast saying 'my niece is playing Sami's granddaughter'.
I think she misspoke and she meant what aired this week....she categorized Sami as her mother in law...that is weird....but when you take into account that the baby's father's mother is screaming at her...then it makes a bit more sense....

I can see her being cautious about spilling since she was the first one to spill that Will was gay...remember that....although we all assumed it was him nothing had been officially spilled by the show until CB came out with that interview.

So the Rate thing continues? Interesting....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Feb 24 2013, 11:18 AM.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

I think this is the first GG or Camila interview that I actually like & made sense.

Good job, Lysie!

Vicky4Mimi

PatNS
Feb 24 2013, 09:43 AM
Another great interview. They seem so relaxed with each other and their friendship comes across in this interview. I get the feeling that Galen was referring to the whole Rafe / Carrie thing in his one response about knowing something is out of character and that it won't work ... I could be wrong ... just my impression. Really enjoyed reading Camilla's take on things.

Thanks.
I love this interview!

I agree with you, GG was most likely talking about Carrie and Rafe. I heard him in person say he didn't like that s/l because he knew we wouldn't like and it was so out of character for Rafe. As well know, Rafe would never do such a thing!

The interview was a little confusing about the baby. I am anxious to see where it goes next.

Rafe's stories alway interest me. I'm not a Kate with Rafe fan but as long as it keeps him out front, I'm on board!

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Feb 24 2013, 11:33 AM
PatNS

Thanks.
I love this interview!

I agree with you, GG was most likely talking about Carrie and Rafe. I heard him in person say he didn't like that s/l because he knew we wouldn't like and it was so out of character for Rafe. As well know, Rafe would never do such a thing!

The interview was a little confusing about the baby. I am anxious to see where it goes next.

Rafe's stories alway interest me. I'm not a Kate with Rafe fan but as long as it keeps him out front, I'm on board!
Well he was right. Rafe lost a lot of appeal with that story and came across skeevy. I don't think this romp with Kate is doing his character any favors either.

I have the distinct feeling that the writers don't know how to write for the 'heroic' man anymore. Those great stories with John, Bo, old Roman and Steve at the helm would never even be considered today. The show doesn't seem to give thought to character worth. The good men of Salem have all but disappeared with careless treatment. Look at how John has been belittled in a similar manner with his treatment of Marlena. So, I'm not surprised this is all they have to offer Rafe.

The friendship between Camilla and Galen came across so nicely in this interview. I do enjoy the brother/sister writing for them. I thought the scenes at the abortion clinic, though short, were incredibly touching. I'm looking forward to Rafe catching on to crazy Nick and seeing where that part of the story goes.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Feb 24 2013, 11:33 AM
PatNS

Thanks.
I love this interview!

probably he was referring to Carrie/Rafe, but I imagine he also referring to some of the things his character on Passions did.

cord08

I'm surprised Camila was kinda specific about what she didn't like/her least favorite story. Most of the time, actors dance around those questions...for obvious reasons. Then again, those writers are gone, so...

am103
Member Avatar

Nice interview. I'm glad the Rafe/Kate thing is going to continue, and I'm also glad that it doesn't seem like they are going to be falling for each other. That would be a big negative in this story for me.

Camila seems like a lovely girl with a great sense of humor. Why can't she inject some of that personality into her character?

mirabella

PatNS

Thanks.
Yes, I think that is exactly what he was talking about here. He knew that the writing was so our of character for Rafe. He also knew it would not work.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply