Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2013 Oscar Viewing Thread
Topic Started: Feb 24 2013, 08:00 PM (3,407 Views)
Alin89
Member Avatar

i wouldnt mind billy crystal as host or steve martin for next yr.
Edited by Alin89, Feb 25 2013, 12:46 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I wish I'd noticed you ks doing this earlier. I'm not a fan of my fellow Rhode Islander Seth. I wasn't expecting much from him and he didn't disappoint. Awful show.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Feb 25 2013, 08:52 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I think the last movie I saw at a theater was Citizen Kane but I'll rent some of this year's nominees when they come out on DVD.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Feb 25 2013, 01:58 AM.

Kenny
Member Avatar

I didn't see a single one of the movies nominated this year but I watched anyway, LoL.

I thought Seth MacFarlane did a good job in the first hour but after that he ran out of steam. In the last hour he seemed to have no energy at all.

I can't comment on any of the winners because I didn't see their work but I thought Daniel Day Lewis and Ben Affleck gave great acceptance speeches.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Dame Bassey's performance was magnificent! The Goldfinger theme will be stuck in my head for quite a bit now! LOVED it.

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

Alin89
Feb 24 2013, 10:33 PM
congrats Argo on editing.
Absolutely! That was a well deserved win for William Goldenberg. He was also nominated for editing Zero Dark Thirty (with Dylan Tichenor). What a machine!

And I LOVED Sandra Bullock's speech about editing, it was so true!

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Reading some of the commentary in the press this morning and it really seems like everyone had a giant stick up their asses last night.

Clearly Seth McFarlaine wasn't suggesting Clooney have sex with a 9 year old, he was saying a 25 year old is too old for him.
Rihanna and Chris Brown make a mockery of domestic violence all by themselves.
And Oooooo Nooooz a boob song objectifies women! In the same year as Magic Mike .... :eyeroll:

jam6242
Member Avatar

Alin89
Feb 24 2013, 08:58 PM
paperman looked good
Here it is. It's cute. I'm not sure about Oscar-worthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqmh1GoZjnw
Edited by jam6242, Feb 25 2013, 08:51 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

They need to find a host who is relevant and funny,but without being rude or annoying and laughing at their own jokes.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

They forgot Larry Hagman and Andy Griffith in the memorial,I know there more known for tv,but they did movies too.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

LOL Seth was hilarious...Flight sock puppets, OMG..I died! That Sound of Music joke was HILARIOUS...lol...and his boob song and the Sally Field bit...LOL.

Overall a boring show, but the Oscars ALWAYS are the most boring award show of the entire season because of all the freaking "who cares?" award they give out.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I heard the real reason behind the all the James Bond's not appearing on stage together is because two actors cannot stand eachother,no clue who those two actors are though.

jam6242
Member Avatar

BalscoFan5
Feb 25 2013, 02:53 PM
I heard the real reason behind the all the James Bond's not appearing on stage together is because two actors cannot stand eachother,no clue who those two actors are though.
And I read that Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan both hate the Broccoli family, lol. Connery apparently because he believes they cheated him out of money owed and Brosnan because he believes they pulled the plug on him too soon. I thought the tribute was poor, other than Shirley Bassey's appearance.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

All Oscar promotions had a "special" JB tribute,well it was kind of a bust.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk0OMVnCZQA

I love how she admits to having a shot before talking to the media.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Drew
Feb 25 2013, 08:38 AM
And Oooooo Nooooz a boob song objectifies women! In the same year as Magic Mike .... :eyeroll:
I thought it was pretty clear that in the boob song the women's reactions were all scripted- they were in on it- and if they weren't bothered I'm not bothered (I probably wouldn't be bothered anyway). But I also thought it wasn't all that funny. Too many years watching Family Guy, maybe.

And ITA they should find someone who doesn't laugh at their own jokes so much.

It hit me this morning that they celebrated musicals of the past decade with musicals that are all from the 70s/80s instead of something that was maybe more...now.

With the Bond tribute- did anyone else feel like they used clips from the same few movies? I'd swear Halle Berry was in that montage like 9 times.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/2013-oscars/andy-griffith-ben-gazzara-richard-dawson-among-those-044912608.html

Some In Memorial misses.

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

Seth performance was a bit blah for me. I like the winners, but who would have thought that Daniel Day Lewis could be this funny, he made history by winning 3 oscars. Jennifer Lawence tripping just goes to show that it can happen to the best of us. I thought most of the female dressses were gorgeous.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Going in I knew Seth was gonna be out there,he is know to be over the line sometimes,I'd like to see a female host next year,Billy Crystal and Bob Hope will always be two of the greatest Oscar hosts,I still laugh at Bob's "Passover" joke and I want even born when he hosted the oscars,but seen clips over the years.
Edited by Snowing Fan, Feb 25 2013, 05:42 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

px780
Feb 25 2013, 05:11 PM
Drew
Feb 25 2013, 08:38 AM
I thought it was pretty clear that in the boob song the women's reactions were all scripted- they were in on it- and if they weren't bothered I'm not bothered (I probably wouldn't be bothered anyway). But I also thought it wasn't all that funny. Too many years watching Family Guy, maybe.
They were in on it. Theron was on stage moments later so there's no way she could have been in the aud!ance. And I agree, itself it wasnt all that funny. But it wasn't the earth shattering event that wrecked the night either like the femenazis are making it out to be today. People are just looking to be offended so they have something to whine about.

Overall, I thought Seth was average. Not great, not horrible, not James Franco. But the rection is reminiscent of all the times they`d hire Ricky Gervais to host awards and then bitch about his sharp tounge.

Edited by Drew, Feb 25 2013, 07:12 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply