Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Monday, February 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 25 2013, 07:35 AM (13,233 Views)
LonePirate
Member Avatar

This episode had so much potential as it contained many of my favorite characters and all of the show's best stories right now. However it just didn't come together for me. The character interactions were too brief and could have used more time, exposition and fireworks (Sami/Nick, Will/Sonny, Marlena/Nicole). Some scenes were pointless filler (Gabi's hospital room scenes).

Then there is the contrast in performances. Blake Berris continues to be perhaps the most interesting performer on the show as he brilliantly portrays restrained rage that is barely masking a whole boatload of crazy that is ready to explode at any moment. I cannot praise him enough. Then there is the usually good Chandler Massey who was downright awful in his scenes. It was as if he was sleepwalking through his scenes. Some of his line readings were wretched if not cringeworthy, particularly his "I love you" line. He is capable of so much better.

Worst of all, the writer had Sonny apologize to Will for selfishly thinking of himself while breaking up and being apart from Will. That mountain of crap was too much for me. Sonny should never have to apologize for that - especially to the guy who caused their break-up. It's bad enough that all of Sami's men worship the ground she walks on even when she doesn't deserve it. The same thing doesn't need to happen with all of Will's men, too. Much like his mother, Will must be magical in bed in order for Sonny to tolerate all of his bullshit.

Lastly, with the show being so cost and time conscious, why does it continue to retape scenes that air at the end of one episode and the beginning of the next episode? Why not bundle the scenes into one filming and edit it as necessary? There are too many minor differences that ruin the continuity for me and just simply annoy me. Maybe I should phone in my viewing much like the directors, writers and actors sometimes phone in their part of the experience.
Edited by LonePirate, Feb 26 2013, 09:34 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

IMO, EJ isn't offering Sami his full support because he thinks she's perfect, he did tell her that her actions weren't wise, but because he has no sympathy for Gabi at all. Sami really shouldn't beat herself up because Gabi decided not to drink any of the beverages she was surrounded by at the Pub.

If Rafe is going to look down on Sami for her crimes, perhaps he should choose ones that he didn't actively participate in or cover up.
Edited by six, Feb 26 2013, 09:51 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

zyona

LonePirate
Feb 26 2013, 09:21 AM
Then there is the usually good Chandler Massey who was downright awful in his scenes. It was as if he was sleepwalking through his scenes. Some of his line readings were wretched if not cringeworthy, particularly his "I love you" line. He is capable so much better.
I think what they were trying to show was that Will didn't have no clue and didn't expect a reunion. I am glad that Will looked like he was sleepwalking, because after the ordeal he went through of not knowing if his daughter will make or not.

I agree that Sonny didn't need to apologize to Will.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

six
Feb 26 2013, 09:41 AM
IMO, EJ isn't offering Sami his full support because he thinks she's perfect, he did tell her that her actions weren't wise, but because he has no sympathy for Gabi at all. Sami really shouldn't beat herself up because Gabi decided not to drink any of the beverages she was surrounded by at the Pub.

If Rafe is going to look down on Sami for her crimes, perhaps he should choose ones that he didn't actively participate in or cover up.
Yeah! Rafe should "come down to earth" and realize that he's no Hero man rather a boring HYPOCRITE, for havean sake he was an accomplice in Sami's crime against EJ. So his yada yada is just silly!
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

six

If Rafe is going to look down on Sami for her crimes, perhaps he, he should choose ones that he didn't actively participate in or cover up.
While he's at it, he should stop acting like he wasn't pursuing Sami just a few weeks ago when he started going on about how she wasn't a "prize" to EJ. I don't have the memory of a goldfish; I remember all of that. She did horrible things to him too and still he wanted her, so he should stop acting like he so much better and above it all. He just comes off as bitter. :rolleyes: Maybe that was the writers' intention. If so, mission accomplished.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Feb 26 2013, 10:01 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Feb 26 2013, 09:55 AM
six

Yeah! Rafe should "come down to earth" and realize that he's no Hero man rather a boring HYPOCRITE, for havean sake he was an accomplice in Sami's crime against EJ. So his yada yada is just silly!
Yes, but so is Sami. How on earth she can go on and on about her son's rights as a father and EJ not say anything is beyond me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

anya
Member Avatar

Cathalina
Feb 25 2013, 08:52 PM
anya
Feb 25 2013, 08:40 PM
angie37
Feb 25 2013, 08:35 PM
LMAO at Rafe's reference to Sami shooting EJ in the head and hiding the paternity of his child. I'll give the script writer a high five for that alone.
Both of which Rafe was complicit in.
True, but Rafe isn't sleeping with or proclaiming love for EJ.
Clearly his loss :tounge:
Offline Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

lysie
Feb 26 2013, 10:00 AM
The Scorpion
six

Yes, but so is Sami. How on earth she can go on and on about her son's rights as a father and EJ not say anything is beyond me.
It might be because EJ and Sami already discussed over the summer how they shouldn't have kept the other out of their kids' lives. Sami stated how much of a mistake it was, noting that "he is a part of what makes them so special."
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 26 2013, 10:06 AM
lysie
The Scorpion
six

It might be because EJ and Sami already discussed over the summer how they shouldn't have kept the other out of their kids' lives. Sami stated how much of a mistake it was, noting that "he is a part of what makes them so special."
and after that sami offer to help rafe hide nicole baby from ej if ej is the father
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

JamaicanBeauty7
lysie
The Scorpion
six

The least they could do is mention the irony of it. I dont need him to yell at her about it or anything, but it's a major flaw in this story, imo, and it's one of the main things keeping me from enjoying it (along with Nick not realizing he's part of Will's family). They just all sound like they have absolutely no awareness of who they are and what they've been doing the last few years. Plus when Nick said he wanted Will's family out of the baby's life, that round have been a good tie in to Stefano. But it also wouldn't have left room for Sami to be the the victim.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JoeBucs32

Is "no more secrets between us" gonna come back to haunt Sonny when he makes the "big reveal" about Gabi and Melanie?
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six

I'm actually glad that Rafe chose both those things because he did participate. I didn't take his comment as criticizing Sami for what she did but as criticizing EJ for being dumb enough to think that the woman who did those things to him is a prize. Plus, I like the implied reminder to EJ that Rafe helped.
Online Profile Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Feb 26 2013, 10:32 AM
Is "no more secrets between us" gonna come back to haunt Sonny when he makes the "big reveal" about Gabi and Melanie?
Most likely, if the writers choose to go there. They could also just sweep it under the rug. I hope they 'go there' and explore Sonny a little bit more. Doubtful, I know. Sigh.
Online Profile Goto Top

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar
I am READY!!

lysie
Feb 26 2013, 10:12 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
lysie
The Scorpion

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
The least they could do is mention the irony of it. I dont need him to yell at her about it or anything, but it's a major flaw in this story, imo, and it's one of the main things keeping me from enjoying it (along with Nick not realizing he's part of Will's family). They just all sound like they have absolutely no awareness of who they are and what they've been doing the last few years. Plus when Nick said he wanted Will's family out of the baby's life, that round have been a good tie in to Stefano. But it also wouldn't have left room for Sami to be the the victim.
Hmm, you have a point. Mentioning it would have added another layer to this story and a reminder of their history. Maybe they will discuss it next week when they decide to scheme together. For years they schemed against each other over their kids but now they are scheming together for a father's rights. Since they didn't already, that moment should be a good time to add that in.

The story does have serious flaws but the show tries to remedy them. For example, Will and Nick being family, several family members have noted that they are family when others act like they aren't. Maybe they'll delve into why Nick acts as if there is no familial connection with Will. That may not be a flaw but a part of the story.
Offline Profile Goto Top

supercool74
Member Avatar

LonePirate
Feb 26 2013, 09:21 AM
This episode had so much potential as it contained many of my favorite characters and all of the show's best stories right now. However it just didn't come together for me. The character interactions were too brief and could have used more time, exposition and fireworks (Sami/Nick, Will/Sonny, Marlena/Nicole). Some scenes were pointless filler (Gabi's hospital room scenes).

Then there is the contrast in performances. Blake Berris continues to be perhaps the most interesting performer on the show as he brilliantly portrays restrained rage that is barely masking a whole boatload of crazy that is ready to explode at any moment. I cannot praise him enough. Then there is the usually good Chandler Massey who was downright awful in his scenes. It was as if he was sleepwalking through his scenes. Some of his line readings were wretched if not cringeworthy, particularly his "I love you" line. He is capable of so much better.

Worst of all, the writer had Sonny apologize to Will for selfishly thinking of himself while breaking up and being apart from Will. That mountain of crap was too much for me. Sonny should never have to apologize for that - especially to the guy who caused their break-up. It's bad enough that all of Sami's men worship the ground she walks on even when she doesn't deserve it. The same thing doesn't need to happen with all of Will's men, too. Much like his mother, Will must be magical in bed in order for Sonny to tolerate all of his bullshit.

Lastly, with the show being so cost and time conscious, why does it continue to retape scenes that air at the end of one episode and the beginning of the next episode? Why not bundle the scenes into one filming and edit it as necessary? There are too many minor differences that ruin the continuity for me and just simply annoy me. Maybe I should phone in my viewing much like the directors, writers and actors sometimes phone in their part of the experience.
I don't always agree with you regarding WilSon....but I agree with pretty much everything you said here. I'm still so disappointed, although I have watched it again (just the WilSon scenes) and at least they do flow a bit better on their own. But I still don't understand why Sonny was so forgiving...I might have believed it if they had shown him struggling more about it. All we've really seen is him angry and that they were over....we didn't see him struggle that much with wanting to get back together with him...it seemed kind of out of the blue. I know they showed some hints, but it wasn't enough for me. I would like to have seen him maybe thinking about it but bringing up trust issues. They had so much potential. I still love Will though. I don't know that CM was sleepwalking through his scenes, I just think he didn't have much to work with. The whole thing was just kind of a mess. No time devoted to them, terrible writing, rushed reunion, no love scene. I could have lived without the love scene if it was actually written well, and emotional. It just all fell kinda flat.

The EJ/Sami stuff I was fine with, and even some of Kristen/Brady (but mostly I like Kristen/Stefano more). Wasn't much into Nicole/Eric although I've like some of their stuff in the past...but this day did nothing for me. I always enjoy Nick, even if he's a dick...there's just something about BB. I just like watching him act. But WilSon...big let down...and I LOVE them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

lysie
The Scorpion
six

Yes you have a point :) But what I understood so have both EJ and Sami put this behind them , and therefore may EJ not take this up with her, just like Sami does not address certain things. But it would clearly be the best of things in the story that some things are pointed / addressed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Feb 26 2013, 10:11 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
lysie
The Scorpion

and after that sami offer to help rafe hide nicole baby from ej if ej is the father
Which EJ doesn't know about. I wouldn't mind him bringing it up and Sami Sami reminding the
aud ience that she already apologized.

esp13
Feb 26 2013, 10:44 AM
six

I'm actually glad that Rafe chose both those things because he did participate. I didn't take his comment as criticizing Sami for what she did but as criticizing EJ for being dumb enough to think that the woman who did those things to him is a prize. Plus, I like the implied reminder to EJ that Rafe helped.

The issue I have with this is that if Sami was within her rights (in Rafe's mind) to do what she did then there would be no valid reason for EJ to hold it against her. IIRC, Rafe told EJ that those crimes were signs that Sami was flawed, which makes me wonder why Rafe decided to enable someone who was making the wrong choice.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SocRMum1
Member Avatar
Much prefers sweevil, snarky EJ over Father Figure Fucktard Eejiot.

lysie
Feb 26 2013, 10:12 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
lysie
The Scorpion

I agree with this. It would be simple enough to have Sami add a line like 'after everything we've been through/done to each other/whatever we know better than anyone how terrible it is to try to keep a child from their father'. Or something along that line. I get that they've discussed what happened in their past with each other - but it wouldn't be a bad thing (IMO) to have them use those events to help explain their reactions to things now. In fact, I think it would make them appear to be a stronger couple.

However, I really only need them to have those things thrown in when talking with one another. It was just as laughable to have Rafe use the very things he helped Sami to cover up as fodder to needle EJ - because clearly Rafe is being hypocritical. He had no problem with those things as long as he was the one mattress dancing with Sami - now that the shoe is on the other foot suddenly he's far superior to them? Not so much, asshole. :huh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Feb 25 2013, 03:40 PM
T-Love74
Feb 25 2013, 03:38 PM
OK, I need someone to post a clip of Sami finding out about will shooting EJ, cuz I don't remember that at all.
Thanks for the clip. It's no wonder I don't remember it. That was the most ridiculous reveal. Gosh MarDar sucked!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I actually would prefer it if EJ would just bring up that their history of custody battles and not really respecting each others rights as parents publicly could give Nick more ammunition and cause them some problems in court. It doesn't have to be a source of contention for them as a couple, but it should be a major issue in their case against Nick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic