Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Monday, February 25th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 25 2013, 07:35 AM (13,012 Views)
jaygal
Member Avatar

Ejami annoy me.
Wilson annoy me.
Bristen annoy me.
I didn't like this episode.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Feb 26 2013, 11:09 AM
Partnersincrime
Feb 26 2013, 10:11 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 26 2013, 10:06 AM
lysie
Feb 26 2013, 10:00 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It might be because EJ and Sami already discussed over the summer how they shouldn't have kept the other out of their kids' lives. Sami stated how much of a mistake it was, noting that "he is a part of what makes them so special."
and after that sami offer to help rafe hide nicole baby from ej if ej is the father
Which EJ doesn't know about. I wouldn't mind him bringing it up and Sami Sami reminding the
aud ience that she already apologized.

esp13
Feb 26 2013, 10:44 AM
six
Feb 26 2013, 09:41 AM
IMO, EJ isn't offering Sami his full support because he thinks she's perfect, he did tell her that her actions weren't wise, but because he has no sympathy for Gabi at all. Sami really shouldn't beat herself up because Gabi decided not to drink any of the beverages she was surrounded by at the Pub.

If Rafe is going to look down on Sami for her crimes, perhaps he should choose ones that he didn't actively participate in or cover up.
I'm actually glad that Rafe chose both those things because he did participate. I didn't take his comment as criticizing Sami for what she did but as criticizing EJ for being dumb enough to think that the woman who did those things to him is a prize. Plus, I like the implied reminder to EJ that Rafe helped.

The issue I have with this is that if Sami was within her rights (in Rafe's mind) to do what she did then there would be no valid reason for EJ to hold it against her. IIRC, Rafe told EJ that those crimes were signs that Sami was flawed, which makes me wonder why Rafe decided to enable someone who was making the wrong choice.
I guess I disagree with the idea that just because Rafe thinks Sami was right to do those things, he would then believe that EJ would think they were right. I'm quite confident that he knows that EJ hates that Sami did those things based on how EJ reacted to them. I think the underlying point was that it wasn't that long ago that Sami was with Rafe and doing all sorts of bad things to EJ, so if EJ wants to view Sami as a prize, then he's an idiot.

And I think it's irrelevant that Rafe is being hypocritical because his comments weren't about Sami, but about EJ for being all happy that he "won" the woman who tried to kill him and stole his child. And to the extent they were about Sami being flawed, I took Rafe's attitude as being that of someone who finally got his blinders off. While it has not been explicitly said, everything in Rafe's attitude has been that he has finally seen Sami for who she is and regrets believing she was different.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

jaygal
Feb 26 2013, 11:42 AM
Ejami annoy me.
Wilson annoy me.
Bristen annoy me.
I'm curious then, what doesn't annoy you?
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Feb 26 2013, 10:12 AM
JamaicanBeauty7
lysie
The Scorpion
Feb 26 2013, 09:55 AM

Yes, but so is Sami. How on earth she can go on and on about her son's rights as a father and EJ not say anything is beyond me.
It might be because EJ and Sami already discussed over the summer how they shouldn't have kept the other out of their kids' lives. Sami stated how much of a mistake it was, noting that "he is a part of what makes them so special."
The least they could do is mention the irony of it. I dont need him to yell at her about it or anything, but it's a major flaw in this story, imo, and it's one of the main things keeping me from enjoying it (along with Nick not realizing he's part of Will's family). They just all sound like they have absolutely no awareness of who they are and what they've been doing the last few years. Plus when Nick said he wanted Will's family out of the baby's life, that round have been a good tie in to Stefano. But it also wouldn't have left room for Sami to be the the victim.
The least that Sami can do is mention how just this fall she was willing to help Nicole keep Daniel Rafael from EJ....that is the shit that I can't stand about this story.....Rafe was mentioning how EJ's judgement isn't any better than his (Rafe's)..that made sense to me....here is Ej telling Rafe about Kate....WTF...who the hell is he to talk...at least Kate hasn't tried to kill Rafe.....YET....
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 26 2013, 11:47 AM
lysie
JamaicanBeauty7
lysie

The least they could do is mention the irony of it. I dont need him to yell at her about it or anything, but it's a major flaw in this story, imo, and it's one of the main things keeping me from enjoying it (along with Nick not realizing he's part of Will's family). They just all sound like they have absolutely no awareness of who they are and what they've been doing the last few years. Plus when Nick said he wanted Will's family out of the baby's life, that round have been a good tie in to Stefano. But it also wouldn't have left room for Sami to be the the victim.
The least that Sami can do is mention how just this fall she was willing to help Nicole keep Daniel Rafael from EJ....that is the shit that I can't stand about this story.....Rafe was mentioning how EJ's judgement isn't any better than his (Rafe's)..that made sense to me....here is Ej telling Rafe about Kate....WTF...who the hell is he to talk...at least Kate hasn't tried to kill Rafe.....YET....
I think the point of what EJ said to Rafe about Kate was to plant a seed in Rafe's mind about what Kate's motivation might be. He managed to point out that Kate was married to Stefano and has been involved with him. It should make Rafe think twice about trusting Kate, but I got the impression from GG's interview that Rafe might be planning to use Kate, so he probably doesn't care about her trustworthiness.

Online Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Feb 26 2013, 12:03 PM
LuvingLumi
lysie
JamaicanBeauty7

I think the point of what EJ said to Rafe about Kate was to plant a seed in Rafe's mind about what Kate's motivation might be. He managed to point out that Kate was married to Stefano and has been involved with him. It should make Rafe think twice about trusting Kate, but I got the impression from GG's interview that Rafe might be planning to use Kate, so he probably doesn't care about her trustworthiness.

Perhaps it is so EJ only wanted to talk about some facts when it comes to Kate and to be perfectly honest, Rafe is no match for Kate if it now so that she would want to use him for her own gain to something :) EJ knows exactly what kind of woman Sami is and what she's capable of and unlike Rafe, EJ likes everything with Sami, so Rafe's little rant was ridiculous.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

The Scorpion
Feb 26 2013, 12:06 PM
gailwinters
LuvingLumi
lysie

Perhaps it is so EJ only wanted to talk about some facts when it comes to Kate and to be perfectly honest, Rafe is no match for Kate if it now so that she would want to use him for her own gain to something :) EJ knows exactly what kind of woman Sami is and what she's capable of and unlike Rafe, EJ likes everything with Sami, so Rafe's little rant was ridiculous.
Sorry but that's simply not true...Ej has said before that he doesn't like the Sami that lies to him. He's no different in that regard to any of her other men.

On the Kate/Rafe thing....Rafe knows about Kate, whether they are both using one another NOW is yet to be seen, but the initial romp was just a drunken unplanned ONS, now it seems to be a bit more....and I agree with Esp on what that exchange meant between Ej/Rafe, Ej should NEVER, EVER talk to anyone, or lecture anyone about choices or their judgement for real.
Edited by LuvingLumi, Feb 26 2013, 12:13 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 26 2013, 11:44 AM
six
Partnersincrime
JamaicanBeauty7

and after that sami offer to help rafe hide nicole baby from ej if ej is the father
Which EJ doesn't know about. I wouldn't mind him bringing it up and Sami Sami reminding the

esp13
six
Feb 26 2013, 09:41 AM
IMO, EJ isn't offering Sami his full support because he thinks she's perfect, he did tell her that her actions weren't wise, but because he has no sympathy for Gabi at all. Sami really shouldn't beat herself up because Gabi decided not to drink any of the beverages she was surrounded by at the Pub.

If Rafe is going to look down on Sami for her crimes, perhaps he should choose ones that he didn't actively participate in or cover up.
I'm actually glad that Rafe chose both those things because he did participate. I didn't take his comment as criticizing Sami for what she did but as criticizing EJ for being dumb enough to think that the woman who did those things to him is a prize. Plus, I like the implied reminder to EJ that Rafe helped.

The issue I have with this is that if Sami was within her rights (in Rafe's mind) to do what she did then there would be no valid reason for EJ to hold it against her. IIRC, Rafe told EJ that those crimes were signs that Sami was flawed, which makes me wonder why Rafe decided to enable someone who was making the wrong choice.
I guess I disagree with the idea that just because Rafe thinks Sami was right to do those things, he would then believe that EJ would think they were right. I'm quite confident that he knows that EJ hates that Sami did those things based on how EJ reacted to them. I think the underlying point was that it wasn't that long ago that Sami was with Rafe and doing all sorts of bad things to EJ, so if EJ wants to view Sami as a prize, then he's an idiot.

And I think it's irrelevant that Rafe is being hypocritical because his comments weren't about Sami, but about EJ for being all happy that he "won" the woman who tried to kill him and stole his child. And to the extent they were about Sami being flawed, I took Rafe's attitude as being that of someone who finally got his blinders off. While it has not been explicitly said, everything in Rafe's attitude has been that he has finally seen Sami for who she is and regrets believing she was different.
I know that Rafe knows that EJ didn't approve of what Sami did. I'm not sure I'm making myself clear, here. For example, if you hit someone in self defense, I don't see why it would be laughable for that person to later realize your actions were justifiable and decide not to judge you for it.

And the timing of Rafe's "revelation" just makes him look bitter, as someone else said, earlier.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 25 2013, 11:15 PM
Jason47
Feb 25 2013, 11:07 PM
Panda Panda
Feb 25 2013, 11:03 PM
lysie
Feb 25 2013, 10:58 PM

Do you mean this?

skip to 0:55
Oh, okay...The Mandalay Cafe. Really just an extension of HTS. They always have extras walking around in there, but it's not a fully built set behind the storefront. The camera angle was from HTS peering into the Mandalay Cafe window. Good catch, Lysie! Thanks for the video, Panda Panda!!
Yes, that is it. I'm glad you found it, because I couldn't remember when it would have been.

I noticed it at the time, because I remember thinking that was the first time I'd ever actually seen anyone appear to be in any of those places.
No problem at all. I remember doing a double take when this scene first aired. It was soooo weird seeing a character actually use one of the storefronts in an interactive manner.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Feb 26 2013, 12:23 PM
esp13
six
Partnersincrime

esp13

I know that Rafe knows that EJ didn't approve of what Sami did. I'm not sure I'm making myself clear, here. For example, if you hit someone in self defense, I don't see why it would be laughable for that person to later realize your actions were justifiable and decide not to judge you for it.

And the timing of Rafe's "revelation" just makes him look bitter, as someone else said, earlier.
Of course he's bitter. I don't doubt that for a minute. Everything he said was out of anger and hurt and bitterness even if he's denying it. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have bothered. But, the fact that he's bitter and even hypocritical doesn't mean that (to me) he didn't make a point.

And I understand what you are saying, I just don't think that's the situation here. I don't think Rafe believes Sami was right in what she did, at least in terms of some neutral moral judgment. I'm not sure he ever thought it was "right" as much as he thought EJ deserved it and/or was blinded by his love for Sami into convincing himself he needed to help/protect her.

I guess, in the end, I thought his whole train of thought was the two of them pretty much deserved each other and his "what a prize" comment was pretty much in direct response to EJ gloating about winning Sami. Leading to the idea that if EJ wants someone who stole his child and shot him in the head, then good for him. The fact that Rafe participated in or covered up those things is irrelevant to the point Rafe was making, IMO.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

esp13, nearly every time you show up you manage to articulate almost exactly what I'm thinking. I don't know how you do it. +1 to all of the above.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 26 2013, 12:13 PM
The Scorpion
Feb 26 2013, 12:06 PM
gailwinters
LuvingLumi

Sorry but that's simply not true...Ej has said before that he doesn't like the Sami that lies to him. He's no different in that regard to any of her other men.

On the Kate/Rafe thing....Rafe knows about Kate, whether they are both using one another NOW is yet to be seen, but the initial romp was just a drunken unplanned ONS, now it seems to be a bit more....and I agree with Esp on what that exchange meant between Ej/Rafe, Ej should NEVER, EVER talk to anyone, or lecture anyone about choices or their judgement for real.
Of course he did not like that she lied about their child and the shooting, but the thing is that EJ gave back and understood what Sami actions was about, because they are alike in the way they handle things and how they think. And yes, my opinion is that EJ is the only man to date that embraces Sami's whole personality and he do not want to stifle any of this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jaygal
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Feb 26 2013, 11:46 AM
jaygal
Feb 26 2013, 11:42 AM
Ejami annoy me.
Wilson annoy me.
Bristen annoy me.
I'm curious then, what doesn't annoy you?
To answer your question. In this episode Nick didn't and Nicole/Eric also didn't.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

zyona
Feb 26 2013, 09:50 AM
LonePirate
Feb 26 2013, 09:21 AM
Then there is the usually good Chandler Massey who was downright awful in his scenes. It was as if he was sleepwalking through his scenes. Some of his line readings were wretched if not cringeworthy, particularly his "I love you" line. He is capable so much better.
I think what they were trying to show was that Will didn't have no clue and didn't expect a reunion. I am glad that Will looked like he was sleepwalking, because after the ordeal he went through of not knowing if his daughter will make or not.

I agree that Sonny didn't need to apologize to Will.
I've thought that Chandler's deer-in-the-headlights thing has been deliberate. He was shocked when Sonny wanted to reunite, he's incredibly worried about his baby and he's gone into deep denial about Nick's motives. The latter is particularly important, because the normally quick-on-the-uptake Will should have Nick's number by now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 26 2013, 11:37 AM
I actually would prefer it if EJ would just bring up that their history of custody battles and not really respecting each others rights as parents publicly could give Nick more ammunition and cause them some problems in court. It doesn't have to be a source of contention for them as a couple, but it should be a major issue in their case against Nick.
This is the best way to do it. I don't need Ejami to constantly relive and apologize to each other for every one of their past crimes, but use their history in the context of the current story. For example if Will gets arrested for shooting EJ, have Will use EJ's terrorism of his family as a mitigating factor in his defense. Have EJ testify in trial about the things he did to Sami and her family prior to the shooting. That would address the issue naturally and also show that he loves Sami so much he's willing to expose his own crimes to ensure Will's freedom.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 26 2013, 12:46 PM
six
esp13
six

Of course he's bitter. I don't doubt that for a minute. Everything he said was out of anger and hurt and bitterness even if he's denying it. If he didn't care, he wouldn't have bothered. But, the fact that he's bitter and even hypocritical doesn't mean that (to me) he didn't make a point.

And I understand what you are saying, I just don't think that's the situation here. I don't think Rafe believes Sami was right in what she did, at least in terms of some neutral moral judgment. I'm not sure he ever thought it was "right" as much as he thought EJ deserved it and/or was blinded by his love for Sami into convincing himself he needed to help/protect her.

I guess, in the end, I thought his whole train of thought was the two of them pretty much deserved each other and his "what a prize" comment was pretty much in direct response to EJ gloating about winning Sami. Leading to the idea that if EJ wants someone who stole his child and shot him in the head, then good for him. The fact that Rafe participated in or covered up those things is irrelevant to the point Rafe was making, IMO.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying Rafe's point is invalid. I am saying he's not doing himself any favors by taking a stance that he wouldn't be taking if he wasn't so bitter.
Edited by six, Feb 26 2013, 02:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

JessicaLeigh
Feb 26 2013, 05:19 AM
Though in the interests of fairness: When Rafe was with Sami he was also full of uncritical ass-kissing. I guess it's harder to stomach coming from a guy who's been through the things E.J. has with Sami, but it's noxious coming from either of them. Lucas is the only one of her former flames still on canvas who's been able to love her without sugarcoating her BS and showering her with praise no matter what.
Quote:Lucas is the only one of her former flames still on canvas who's been able to love her without sugarcoating her BS and showering her with praise no matter what.

THIS!!!! That's unconditional love. :wub:
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 26 2013, 02:41 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

six
Feb 26 2013, 02:33 PM
esp13
Feb 26 2013, 12:46 PM
six
esp13

We'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying Rafe's point is invalid. I am saying he's not doing himself any favors by taking a stance that he wouldn't be taking if he wasn't so bitter.
Well, I actually agree with that. I'm not saying Rafe made himself look good with that remark, I just thought he made a valid point and loved how it played out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ScorpioQueen
Member Avatar

Ugh, considering how Sonny wouldn't care if Gabi was burned alive I do not want him laying a hand on her daughter. If Sonny wants to be involved in Gabi's daughter he needs to respect her mother. I can't stand him.
Edited by ScorpioQueen, Feb 26 2013, 05:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Bristen, Marlena, Stefano, Wilson, Nick & Sami's scenes were the highlights for me. Kristen had some LOL lines, especially the one with Stefano having one foot in heaven- or wherever! lol

Loved the little cliffhangers- SO good!

Wilson is just so beautiful and Will has got sex-hair 24/7 atm!

Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic