Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: The Steve Burton Interview
Topic Started: Feb 25 2013, 04:11 PM (1,837 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

By Michael Fairman

February 25th, 2013 |
The Steve Burton Interview – The Young and the Restless

MICHAEL:

Steve, let’s go back and talk about your exit from General Hospital first. Did you have a hand in how Jason was written off the canvas? Or, did you say, “I don’t care how you are going to do it?”

STEVE:

No, I did not have a hand it. Unbeknownst to every one at the time, there was a period of time where GH and my managers were talking about a fly-in deal. For whatever reasons that did not work out: scheduling wise, time wise, and it was just going on a little too long. So we said, “If it doesn’t work it’s fine, but I am out of here, and it’s OK.” I guess we were at the time also in a second situation, which was people thinking I was never going to leave General Hospital, which I can’t fault them for, because I could see how at times they could think I was the “boy who cried wolf”. It was, “Well he said he was leaving California, and he is selling his house there, but maybe he is not?” But, I was ready to go, and GH just wasn’t jumping on the idea of having me fly in from Nashville. So at that point it was just important to figure out, what is my real end date? And it came down to that. It’s nothing that I chose; it’s what they did. I don’t know if they did it thinking I would be coming back, or, always have that idea out there that, “Well maybe he will come back for a month or two down the road.” I do not fault GH at all. I joke about that I was, “shot and kicked in the water like a dirty dog.” (Laughs) My last tape day was coming up quick, and they had written so far ahead. Story wise, I know Frank Valentini (executive producer, GH) and Ron Carlivati (head writer, GH) did what they were capable of doing at the time, considering that my end date was coming up so fast. I am sure if they knew ahead that I was leaving for sure in two months, I am sure they would have had a great send-off for Jason.

for more of this interview CLICK HERE
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

I am so crossing my fingers that Dylan will be the pretend baby daddy!! He is way better than the married Cane.

taylore
Member Avatar

Pretty sure the love interest will be saint Chelsea,that charater is freaking everywhere.Hopefully she gets together with Cane so i can FF both of them.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Quote:

STEVE BURTON:

"Sharon Case is actually very fun, and she makes me laugh. So half the time in scenes where I am laughing, I am really laughing at Sharon! She has that personality where she makes me laugh. I think that is why people have been saying on Twitter that we have a very comfortable and easy relationship and light about us on-screen, which is great."

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :cheer:

Keisha
Member Avatar
♥ Sabrina & Patrick ♥

Shick
Feb 25 2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:

STEVE BURTON:

"Sharon Case is actually very fun, and she makes me laugh. So half the time in scenes where I am laughing, I am really laughing at Sharon! She has that personality where she makes me laugh. I think that is why people have been saying on Twitter that we have a very comfortable and easy relationship and light about us on-screen, which is great."

love this :) :wub:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Feb 25 2013, 04:19 PM
I am so crossing my fingers that Dylan will be the pretend baby daddy!! He is way better than the married Cane.
what pretend baby? did I miss something?

I loved this quote:

Quote:

MICHAEL:

Yeah, but then there is Sharon Newman. Watch out! Sharon sleeps with all the men on the canvas!

STEVE:

Yeah, that’s what I hear! (Laughs)

:biggrin:

Checkers
Member Avatar

Shick
Feb 25 2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:

STEVE BURTON:

That's sweet. :wub:
Edited by Checkers, Feb 26 2013, 04:09 AM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

MICHAEL:

Yeah, but then there is Sharon Newman. Watch out! Sharon sleeps with all the men on the canvas!

STEVE:

Yeah, that’s what I hear! (Laughs)

MICHAEL:

How is working with the incomparable Michelle Stafford (Phyllis)?

STEVE:

I love working with Michelle Stafford. She is awesome! I think I had four of five scenes with her. She is an amazing actress. They are not short on very good actors over there![/quote]

He's just a real nice guy and isn't saying 1 is better than the other :)

Superwoman
Member Avatar

MM must be really pissed... He is no longer the center of universe... :cheer:

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Feb 26 2013, 12:15 AM
3WishGenie
I meant Dylan will be Chelsea's fake baby daddy. lol That would join the 2 triangles together Navery/Dylan-Chelsea/Shadam, so then we don't have to deal with self righteous Cane having to "cheat".

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Feb 26 2013, 12:42 PM
Sammie Jo
3WishGenie
I meant Dylan will be Chelsea's fake baby daddy. lol That would join the 2 triangles together Navery/Dylan-Chelsea/Shadam, so then we don't have to deal with self righteous Cane having to "cheat".
OMG! I can't even follow that! lmao
Oh what a tangled bed we weave, when we SCREW EVERYONE IN TOWN! :D

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Feb 26 2013, 02:36 PM
3WishGenie
Sammie Jo
3WishGenie
I'm hoping there is a steamy love scene btwn Dylan and Chelsea if it does go that way LOL. As I watch, I keep getting the sibling vibe from Sharon and Dylan...hope I'm wrong tho.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Feb 26 2013, 06:47 PM
Sammie Jo
3WishGenie
Sammie Jo

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I'm hoping there is a steamy love scene btwn Dylan and Chelsea if it does go that way LOL. As I watch, I keep getting the sibling vibe from Sharon and Dylan...hope I'm wrong tho.
Quote:

As I watch, I keep getting the sibling vibe from Sharon and Dylan...hope I'm wrong tho.

Really? What makes you think that? OMG, that would be somethin' else! lmao

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Feb 26 2013, 07:41 PM
3WishGenie
Feb 26 2013, 06:47 PM
Sammie Jo
3WishGenie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Quote:

As I watch, I keep getting the sibling vibe from Sharon and Dylan...hope I'm wrong tho.

Really? What makes you think that? OMG, that would be somethin' else! lmao
LOL It's probably just me. I'm just not seeing chemistry in terms of a romance yet from them.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I think that too. Laugh and carry on like brother and sister. Never have seen Sharon's Dad, that is if her mother even knows. Like Mother like Daughter. Mommy plays Paternity Bingo too!

jacquisoaps

Am I the only one who thinks this interview is bad? Steve isn't very eloquent.

BlueEyes28
Member Avatar

Very good interview. :wub: Hopes for Shylan lovin' though i doubt that is who he was talking about.
Thank you.

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

^^ I see romantic chem from Shylan. I hope they don't throw him near Chelsea, she needs to focus on her baby with Adam and hopefully getting him back.

Ejole Lifer

Shick
Feb 27 2013, 09:37 AM
^^ I see romantic chem from Shylan. I hope they don't throw him near Chelsea, she needs to focus on her baby with Adam and hopefully getting him back.
Chelsea needs to take her skeevy ass back to Adam and raise her baby or leave town. I'm actually okay with Chelsea/Dylan right now because tptb don't want Shylan to be too obvious. So they'll take some time to get them to couple status, but they've definitely got it setup to go in that direction. I love Steve just beaming about SC :)

Checkers
Member Avatar

I don't think he's hooking up with Chelsea. It's probably a ONS. The guy hasn't gotten any since who knows. lol Anyways they have Chelsea/Cane making eyes at each other. She's pregnant with Adam's baby...I doubt they are gonna throw her at Dylan.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply