Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: The Steve Burton Interview
Topic Started: Feb 25 2013, 04:11 PM (1,889 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

jacquisoaps
Feb 26 2013, 10:54 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this interview is bad? Steve isn't very eloquent.
I thought the interview was just fine, if you're referring to a mangled sentence here and there, I'd blame that on the person who wrote it, besides, he's an actor, all he has to do is look good and act well, he doesn't have to be an english major. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Y&R isn't Shakespeare. Carmine has the mentality of a stump, Nick relies on his dimples, Victor is the man in black, Dylan doesn't have to try to impress anyone, he's impressive naturally.
He and Sharon act a lot a like. Like they share a parent. They don't seem to eager to jump in the others jeans, so that tells us something.

Superwoman
Member Avatar

I don't understand why peaple keeps saying that Sharon and Dylan are brother and sister!!! maybe it's too good to be true for us to believe that maybe these two have a chance to be a couple and end Shadam crap once and for all... :shrug:

Ejole Lifer

^^Right now, all of it is wishful thinking because none of us know the writers' plans long term for his character. People who want Dylan for someone else will say he is Sharon's sister. It seems like the writers are taking their time and building a real relationship with Shylan..whether it ends up being brotherly or romantic...I appreciate that. I don't get a sibling vibe though, and technically Sharon is still into Adam, so...it may take a while.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I really don't want to see him with anyone. Let him be a handyman, vagabond kind of guy. He's used to being celibate and Sharon's used to trying to win men over right away. She just doesn't seem interested in him that way. If the writers want to be realistic, this isn't the way to portray it. They can be friends, isn't that unique?

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I doubled it somehow. Sorry about that!
Edited by BlissfulLily, Feb 28 2013, 11:44 AM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Superwoman
Feb 28 2013, 09:10 AM
I don't understand why peaple keeps saying that Sharon and Dylan are brother and sister!!! maybe it's too good to be true for us to believe that maybe these two have a chance to be a couple and end Shadam crap once and for all... :shrug:
I don't get that either! There's never been any mention that I can recall of Sharon having a sibling, but if Dylan mentions he was adopted, I guess a mention will appear. ;)

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

He and Sharon could have the same father. Say that Dylan's life was like a happy family. Dad, Mom and son. Dad goes to work or is on the road and hooks up with Sharon's mom somehow. She get's pregnant, doesn't tell him,it continues until he finds out she is pregnant, refuses to tear up his family over a foolish fling, tells Doris he made a big mistake and ends it. Doris says fine, at least I have our daughter.
Writers don't mention people, like father's, without a reason.
just a plot idea is all.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Ejole Lifer
Feb 28 2013, 10:46 AM
^^Right now, all of it is wishful thinking because none of us know the writers' plans long term for his character. People who want Dylan for someone else will say he is Sharon's sister. It seems like the writers are taking their time and building a real relationship with Shylan..whether it ends up being brotherly or romantic...I appreciate that. I don't get a sibling vibe though, and technically Sharon is still into Adam, so...it may take a while.
It could really go either way right now. This is possibly the "making a new connection" that Dr Watkins was talking about. Except she is doing it without even realizing it. Perhaps she will come to realize that the world does not revolve around Adam, that there can be a future with someone else. Who knows. Or he could be her long lost cousin LOL.

Checkers
Member Avatar

Ejole Lifer
It is definitely some wishful thinking. They are giving Sharon/Dylan substance if they do decide to go that route. Story wise what do they get out of making Sharon/Dylan siblings? The writers don't care about Sharon that much. Doris is MIA. If they cared about Sharon's relationship with her family Doris would have been apart of her mental health story.Sharon doesn't even have friends. The friendship with Avery is plot point and if Faith/Noah weren't Nick' s they would be MIA too. These writers don't really care about the kids outside of the Newman's.

Who exactly are they gonna put Dylan with long-term if Avery is with Nick? Phyllis and Jack are happening. Lily is married with Tyler laying in the cut. Abby is probably for Alex. Adrianna & Summer are too young. Cricket is with Paul. Chloe is with chippy. Chelsea and Adam are not over.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

But Summer's 18 now. Fair game, not jail bait. She will get pregnant from Kyle, they will lose the baby over a blood issue, and that is when they will find out that they have the same Daddy. I see it being Avelan, Shadam,chick, and Phack.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Checkers
Feb 28 2013, 05:05 PM
Ejole Lifer
It is definitely some wishful thinking. They are giving Sharon/Dylan substance if they do decide to go that route. Story wise what do they get out of making Sharon/Dylan siblings? The writers don't care about Sharon that much. Doris is MIA. If they cared about Sharon's relationship with her family Doris would have been apart of her mental health story.Sharon doesn't even have friends. The friendship with Avery is plot point and if Faith/Noah weren't Nick' s they would be MIA too. These writers don't really care about the kids outside of the Newman's.

Who exactly are they gonna put Dylan with long-term if Avery is with Nick? Phyllis and Jack are happening. Lily is married with Tyler laying in the cut. Abby is probably for Alex. Adrianna & Summer are too young. Cricket is with Paul. Chloe is with chippy. Chelsea and Adam are not over.
You've got a point. After the last 2 days, I'm starting to go back to Cane being the fake baby daddy so Dylan won't be sleeping with Chels. So what is the point of having Dylan sleep with some strange woman if he is for Sharon?? ^o)

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Here's the thing, where does it say that Dylan is there for Sharon as a love interest? Maybe
friends!Then is when I heard bro-sis thing.Dylan is saving himself for Avery, even if she didn't save herself for him.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Feb 28 2013, 10:23 PM
Here's the thing, where does it say that Dylan is there for Sharon as a love interest? Maybe
friends!Then is when I heard bro-sis thing.Dylan is saving himself for Avery, even if she didn't save herself for him.
Its all very confusing bc SBu says he has worked with MCE! So is she the ONS??? Or is Cane going to volunteer?? I dont think Dylan is saving himself lol he has a love scene coming up and its not with Avery. But he is spending lots of time with Sharon. :shrug:

Checkers
Member Avatar

Avery chose Nick and Navery is not ending. They are probably hooking Dylan up with somebody maybe just to add in some gray.

It could be Chelsea or somebody else.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

What is ONS? If it's not Navery, let it be Chylan :)

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Mar 1 2013, 08:40 AM
What is ONS? If it's not Navery, let it be Chylan :)
ONS = One night stand.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Duh, :headbang:

ratfink
Member Avatar

Did we ever get an explaination of why Dylan was MIA?

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

ratfink
Mar 2 2013, 02:57 AM
Did we ever get an explaination of why Dylan was MIA?
I don't think so, not yet.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply