Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, February 26th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 26 2013, 09:44 AM (9,923 Views)
LonePirate
Member Avatar

Another scene of Will and Sonny in bed and nary a box of condoms anywhere in sight. Shame on Days for this lack of social consciousness.

I'm not sure Will needs someone to stand up for him; but Sonny was super sexy today when was defending and being protective of Will. Still, I would much rather prefer Sonny to be with Brian and not Will. However that will never happen, so I will gladly settle for Sonny being ready to step in and kick some ass for his man.

How is it that with the DiMera and Kiriakis families around, it is Nick Fallon who is the most evil character on this show? With EJ vexed by Sami and Kristen falling for Brady, Nick is pretty much the only villain on this show. Thankfully Blake Berris is up to the task as he has suddenly become the #1 reason to watch this show. His portrayal of Nick is all kinds of spectacular. I am now worried that Nick has reached the point of being so despicable that he may meet an untimely end once this story has run its course. That would be such a shame.

There was something about Eric Martsolf's performance today that I really enjoyed, especially his scenes in the park. Most of the time EM lets his co-stars take the spotlight but he stole it from Eileen today. It's too bad he plays a dim bulb most of the time, albeit a very pretty one.

The rest of the show was engaging as it flew right on by today. Once again, without Dannifer, I watched every scene. Dare I say it but is Lorraine Broderick working her ass off and exerting her influence in the writers' room?
Edited by LonePirate, Feb 26 2013, 09:02 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

supercool74
Feb 26 2013, 01:56 PM
OOH! Damn Nick! He is cold! Can't believe he just said that about prison and someone like Will. DAMN!
When Will tried to blackmail EJ into giving him money to leave town, EJ made that exact same threat to Will. It scared Will enough to make him back down.

guessgirl
Member Avatar

I am loving bad Nick and it's all because of Blake. I normally would be rooting against someone doing what he is but I'm oddly very entertained and even cheering for him. I just hope they don't make him go too far off that he can't come back.

It would be a shame since Nick/Blake is the most entertaining character/actor on the show.

esp13
Member Avatar

I loved today's episode. BB continues to kill this storyline and while I don't support him, I love watching him play his role. And I loved how calmly he laid it all out for Will. I loved that he calmly pointed out that he served his time. And, from a storytelling point, I love that he said he was willing to go along with Gabi until Sami got involved. It may or may not be true, but I love it anyway.

Eric and Nicole continue to rock my world. I thought GV was awesome in the scene where he talked down the junkie. His talk about second chance continues to support my personal theory that Eric = Kayla and Nicole = Steve. :)

Nice to see Marlena and Abe.

Tammy
Member Avatar

I don't get why Abe walked into the pub and spoke to Marlena like someone died. :shrug:

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Feb 26 2013, 01:53 PM
I want Eric, Nicole and the junkie should all go see Les Miserables together.

I not only want to someone to mention Will was a minor, I want them to mention that the statue of limitations is probably up.

Oh, Nick is a bastard.

And Will just did an EJ-esque eye blink.
There's no statute of limitations on attempted murder in IL.

*edit* haha, beat to it :)
Edited by Lady Evol, Feb 26 2013, 09:32 PM.

six
Member Avatar

Who else paid special attention to Marlena's hands today? Just me?

On another note, someone needs to devise a way for me to 'like' all of Matt's posts at once.

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

Panda Panda
Feb 26 2013, 05:20 PM
Chad & Abigail_D
Feb 26 2013, 05:08 PM
DanishDoolFan
Feb 26 2013, 03:37 PM
soapsudz
Feb 26 2013, 02:48 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
She's waaay to old for having babies!
never say that to a DiMera woman! lol
or any woman for that matter. Unless you want a black eye and blue balls! :D
Haha- I say that about myself all the time. And I'm 33. If I was Kristen's age I don't think I'd take offense.

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Feb 26 2013, 09:04 PM
supercool74
OOH! Damn Nick! He is cold! Can't believe he just said that about prison and someone like Will. DAMN!
When Will tried to blackmail EJ into giving him money to leave town, EJ made that exact same threat to Will. It scared Will enough to make him back down.
found it. At 10:50 he threatens to reveal that Will is gay to the world, at 12:00 he warns Will how someone of his "dispositon" would fare in prison. :shame: And now he wanders around chirping about lipstick and nail polish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ7uC1pIldE
Edited by TreasureCove, Feb 26 2013, 09:34 PM.

angie37
Member Avatar

TreasureCove
Feb 26 2013, 09:32 PM
TreasureCove
Feb 26 2013, 09:04 PM
supercool74
found it. At 10:50 he threatens to reveal that Will is gay to the world, at 12:00 he warns Will how someone of his "dispositon" would fare in prison. :shame: And now he wanders around chirping about lipstick and nail polish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ7uC1pIldE
Don't you know that EJ didn't really mean it? He's William's best bud. :sarcasm:

Tammy
Member Avatar

Okay I am confused. Why did Kristen say that when she left 15 years ago she was Stefano's sworn enemy??? I don't remember any of this! :shrug:

lysie
Member Avatar

Tammy
Feb 26 2013, 06:41 PM
lysie
Feb 26 2013, 06:04 PM
SoapGal1
Feb 26 2013, 06:01 PM
lysie
Feb 26 2013, 05:54 PM
Idk what their original intentions were but I'm fairly positive it wasn't Lucas. They didn't even bother making him a suspect.
Well now when is the last time a suspect of the Salem PD was actually the perpetrator.

I said perpetrator.
He wasn't one of the suspects we watched with a gun. And he wasn't part of the initial who done it. Salem PD is irrelevant to that, lol.
Okay is this from when Marlena was a suspect for shooting EJ? Because I remember a scene where Sami and Marlena are in Sami's apartment and Sami tells Marlena that Lucas was a suspect...
Yeah, that was later. Originally it was Marlena, Kate, and Steve (I think it was Steve. He was there...).

esp13
Member Avatar

Yeah, Steve was there, but it was a red herring. He was acting all sketchy because he was covering for Roman.

six
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 26 2013, 06:38 PM
JamaicanBeauty7
Feb 26 2013, 06:10 PM
It's not the first time the "perp" isn't one of the suspects. Actually, isn't that how it most of the time?
Sure. That's even how it was with the SSK story. But they gave him an alibi and showed him without a weapon. It doesn't matter anymore because now it was Will, but there's absolutely no way they originally intended it to be Lucas. They also hinted at it being Will originally but then didn't follow up with it. The original intent, whatever it was, got lost in the writer's strike.
One of the former writers said it was originally going to be Will, then the network said no. But my guess is that the story would have played out the same way even if NBC hadn't stepped in.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

Tammy
Feb 26 2013, 11:40 PM
Okay I am confused. Why did Kristen say that when she left 15 years ago she was Stefano's sworn enemy??? I don't remember any of this! :shrug:
I think it's because Kristen screwed up Stefano's plan to get Marlena, tried to steal EJ from Susan (even though the whole baby replacement plan was Stefano's idea in the first place), and then faked her death.

I don't recall. It's one of those or a combination of all of them

six
Member Avatar

Tammy
Feb 26 2013, 11:40 PM
I don't think it's quite true that he stayed angry with her after she left, but they had a falling out just before "Kristen" died. IIRC, it was because Stefano disapproved of Kristen not getting over her obsession with John and he decided that she wouldn't be a good candidate to raise on EJ. I think there was also some friction because Stefano's plan to get to Marlena and Kristen's plans got in the way of each other.

ETA: Oops that other post wasn't there when I started typing, but our recollections are similar enough that that must be what actually happened. :)
Edited by six, Feb 27 2013, 12:13 AM.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

six
Feb 26 2013, 09:29 PM
Who else paid special attention to Marlena's hands today? Just me?

On another note, someone needs to devise a way for me to 'like' all of Matt's posts at once.
And automatically RTing Matt's tweets. It gets tiring doing it manually after a while. :laugh:

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

Today's episode was amazing. I'd go more in depth but most of you have already delved into it so I'll just touch on what I liked the most.

The Abe/Marlena conversations were beautiful. It was nice to see someone else play shrink for Marlena, bonus points that it came from Abe. He's a good friend to her and knows all too well that life is too short to be away from the love of your life. I hope he and Theo are around more often.

I thought today was an amazing day for Father Eric. GV and the day player (sry his name escapes me) were fantastic. The way Eric talked down Kevin the junkie was beautiful. I was literally in tears. What great character development for Eric and a chance for Kevin to come back to see his progress.

Nick was one sick SOB...and I LOVED it! BB was so good, I had to tell him how awesome he was right after the show aired.
Edited by JamaicanBeauty7, Feb 27 2013, 12:33 AM.

Tammy
Member Avatar

Also I wish Chandler Massey would cut his hair... Will looks like a 12 year old.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Blake Berris kicked some major booty in this episode. He`s so good that I can`t look away. His delivery is so spot on, and he just makes me stop and stare. Blake, is just pure awesomeness!
And my poor Brady. I thought he`d finally catch on to kris, but he didn`t. I will have to say again how I`m all gaga for the brady/kristen pairing. They are just that good. I`m already salivating at the mere thought of the blow up that`ll ensue in the months ahead when kristen`s lies are exposed. EM/ED together is must-see-tv.
And ericole... :) oh my goodness! I am simply loving these two, and I am hooked. GV/AZ have exceeded my expectations where chemistry is concerned. And their story just gets better and better everyday. Can`t get enough of ericole and they`re my next super dosage of must-see-tv.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply