Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ABC planning Once Upon A Time spinoff,involving Mad hatter
Topic Started: Feb 26 2013, 07:17 PM (899 Views)
Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/abc-planning-once-upon-time-spin-off-featuring-012456363.html

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

God, why? LOL.

Bremol
Member Avatar

Makes no sense, especially since the actor that portrayed him won't be in the spin-off.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Posted Image

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I love ONCE,but if they wanna do it,at least do it with the actor who plays him on the show,though he just recurring right now,this season he's been on like twice,they could make a spinoff with any character really.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

This should be dropped since the actor who made the character popular on OUAT, is not willing to do a series regularly.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Makes no sense if they can't get the actor, IMHO.

They should do a Wonderland or Oz spin-off. I bet folks would watch those. I would in a heartbeat. Both are just dying for a TV show. I think an Oz series has insane potential due to all the various books that have so many different characters. They could take it a lot of ways.

jacpre
Member Avatar

It would have made more sense if the Mad Hatter had more of a permanent role on OUAT. Now a Wonderland series would be great. So many possibilities.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Looks like the spin-off is gaining some steam. Sounds somewhat interesting, actually.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/eddy-kitsis-adam-horowitzs-once-upon-a-time-spinoff-set-in-wonderland-takes-shape-zack-estrin-jane-espenson-join/

Quote:

Eddy Kitsis & Adam Horowitz’s "Once Upon a Time" Spinoff Set in Wonderland Takes Shape, Zack Estrin & Jane Espenson Join
by NELLIE ANDREEVA
Tuesday March 19, 2013

"Once Upon a Time" creators Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz are bringing in top-notch writer-producers to help them mount a proposed "Once" spinoff for ABC and ABC Studios.

The studio is closing overall deals with "Prison Break" alum Zack Estrin and "Once" consulting producer Jane Espenson that would cover their services on the spinoff.

Details about the spinoff are being kept under wraps but I have learned that it takes place in Wonderland. While the original idea was to use "Once‘s" character of Mad Hatter to transition to the new world, that plan was ultimately dropped.

I hear the story will now be told through the point of of view of Alice, who has not appeared on "Once", surrounded by several new characters.

According to a casting breakdown released last week, they are Amahl, described as exotic, soulful and optimistic; and The Knave, a sardonic adventurer, a man of action, a loner and a heart-breaker.

The spinoff takes place in a post-curse world, though, like on "Once", there will be flashbacks, so we could potentially see familiar faces, including Barbara Hershey’s recently departed Cora, who was the Queen Of Hearts in "Once‘s" Wonderland.

I hear the idea is to air the spinoff in 13-episode season arcs with a beginning, middle and end, similar to FX’s "American Horror Story", possibly bridging the fall and spring portions of "Once".

Kitsis and Horowitz handpicked Estrin and Espenson to help them with the spinoff after the two pitched the idea to ABC topper Paul Lee and got a thumbs-up. Kitsis and Horowitz are currently writing a 15-20 page, four-scene presentation with input from Estrin and Espenson.

Production is slated to begin April 7 in Vancouver, immediately following the season wrap of "Once" there.

If the project goes to series, Estrin is expected to run it with Kitsis and Horowitz, while Espenson, who has been a key member of "Once’s" writing staff since after the pilot, will likely return to the flagship drama, which Kitsis and Horowitz will continue to run.

It is not clear how the "Once" spinoff would affect NBC’s modern-day "Wonderland" pilot from Anthony Zuiker, which was pushed off-cycle before ABC’s plans for a Wonderland-set "Once" spinoff surfaced.

"Once Upon a Time" is one of ABC’s top series and a big DVR performer.

Season to date, the fairytale drama has averaged 2.98 rating among adults 18-49 in Live+Same Day and 4.34 in Live+7, a 43% jump.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I don't want the spin-offs to get crazy but I'd be so down for an Oz and Neverland
Spoiler: click to toggle
spinoff as well.
Edited by KMan101, Mar 20 2013, 06:51 AM.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Now Alice I wouldn't mind seeing.

dragonflies
Member Avatar

It's going to flop, cause it's Sebastian Stan who people want in the role and who made it popular on OUAT

Epic fail ABC as usual

dragonflies
Member Avatar

double post
Edited by dragonflies, Mar 20 2013, 04:07 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

It appears they aren't using the Mad Hatter as a focal point.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Not using the Mad Hatter.

I would love too see Neverland,but there going there on ONCE at the end of season 2 into season 3,so I doubt they'll devote a whole new show to that,I don't mind "Alice in wonderland",OZ,NOOOO,I am extremely picky when it comes to that because of the original movie,I saw Oz,Great and Powerful and I was picky about them having the wrong door color at emerald city,in the recent movie it's a gold color,in Judy Garland OZ it's green,I cannot even imagine how I would be with a full on tv show,lol.Again, would love to see Neverland,with Colin O'donogue only.

KMan101
Member Avatar

More casting news ...

http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/emma-rigby-joins-abcs-once-upon-a-time-spinoff/

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime News & Spoilers · Next Topic »
Add Reply