Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Shortland Street Discussion; Premiered May 25, 1992!
Topic Started: Feb 26 2013, 07:36 PM (3,843 Views)
Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

What better way to start off the thread then to post a video of the Shorty cast doing the Harlem Shake ...

After a few watches I saw Roimata (who is the MVP of the video), Nicole, Vinnie, TK and Boyd. Anyone see someone I missed?
Edited by Bright Eyes, Feb 26 2013, 07:41 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Matt, please tell me you are still watching! Whose your favourite character? Mine the fabulous Brooke. I could watch her all day. However, I really need Josh to die and Sarah's Mary Sue ass to be destroyed.

I never thought I'd be so invested in a politics story of any kind, but Shorty makes it work tremendously.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I started to watch one episode quite awhile ago and don't remember why I didn't finish it. Is it worth adding to my soap lineup? I'm watching HollyOaks, EastEnders and the improved Days. I'm limited to using my phone's 4G device to get online and to watch my Brit soaps. I'm going to be upgrading my internet plan because I'm burning through my allotted online access too quickly. I'll have more time for one or two other shows and I've been thinking Corrie and Emmerdale.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Mar 4 2013, 02:21 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 4 2013, 02:19 PM
I started to watch one episode quite awhile ago and don't remember why I didn't finish it. Is it worth adding to my soap lineup? I'm watching HollyOaks, EastEnders and the improved Days. I'm limited to using my phone's 4G device to get online and to watch my Brit soaps. I'm going to be upgrading my internet plan because I'm burning through my allotted online access too quickly. I'll have more time for one or two other shows and I've been thinking Corridor and Emmerdale.
YES, YES, YES!

Shortland Street is the best!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

I just saw where auto correct turned Corrie into Corridor. Thanks Mikey.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

TK may be a bit of a dick sometimes, but man can he work a pair of jeans.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

And so the fabulous Lana Jacobs and the wonderfully mesmerizing Brooke Williams exit the show. I'll miss her so much. :(

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

"You don't have what it takes to be CEO. You could barely run a corner dairy and if somebody asks that's exactly what I'll tell them."

Rachel laying into Sarah today was the perfect way to start the weekend. Love that bitch.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Mar 8 2013, 11:34 AM.

bomber
Member Avatar

Put me down as a Chris Warner fan. Loved him with Alison but definitely best with rachel. Love TK but liked him better with Sarah. Sorry they killed off Luke. I liked him.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

bomber
Mar 9 2013, 05:38 AM
Put me down as a Chris Warner fan. Loved him with Alison but definitely best with rachel. Love TK but liked him better with Sarah. Sorry they killed off Luke. I liked him.
TK can be dickish sometimes, but heaven help me if he doesn't have an amazing body. But Sarah? Hate her. I really want someone to come on the show and ruin her life.
Edited by Bright Eyes, Mar 9 2013, 09:02 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I need to get back into watching ... I always start off so well with watching other soaps (EastEnders, Neighbours, HollyOaks and Shortland Street) and then end up so far behind LOL

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

KMan101
Mar 10 2013, 04:01 PM
I need to get back into watching ... I always start off so well with watching other soaps (EastEnders, Neighbours, HollyOaks and Shortland Street) and then end up so far behind LOL
You're such a failure!

I haven't watched a character as stupid as Kylie in a long time. How the hell was she able to become a nurse?

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

I'm going to need Brooke and Vasa to hang out a hell of a lot more. And I'm so excited that Brooke is now going to try to seduce Boyd for his money. She was already the best character on the show and now this just amplifies her perfection.

Thank God we won't have to deal with a naive Bella trying to become a painter. I love the ditz, but it's good to see she's not that stupid.

And I love hearing about the old Nicole in this episode. I wonder if Brooke's pursuit of Boyd will somehow/eventually make her fall back to her party girl ways. I sure hope so!

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Well I finally saw a few episodes and while it was a little tough sorting out all of the characters, it seems like a keeper.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Mar 20 2013, 07:30 PM.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 20 2013, 07:29 PM
Well I finally saw a few episodes and while it was a little tough sorting out all of the characters, it seems like a keeper.
It shouldn't be too tough since Shorty has the smallest cast of all the soaps. LoL

Did you just watch the latest episodes? Have any early favourites? You can see mine in my signature.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Yeah I know who the characters are now between watching the past week of episodes and a little research. Brooke didn't show up until the last episode I watched but she hooked me right away. I like Nicole too. Boyd has been fun with his resentment of Chris and the champagne trick he pulled on the snooty waiter. I need to see more of the others before they make my favorites list.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Mar 21 2013, 02:10 PM
Yeah I know who the characters are now between watching the past week of episodes and a little research. Brooke didn't show up until the last episode I watched but she hooked me right away. I like Nicole too. Boyd has been fun with his resentment of Chris and the champagne trick he pulled on the snooty waiter. I need to see more of the others before they make my favorites list.
I go on and off on Boyd. He's such a dick to my Brook, like in today's episode, but he can also be really fun like he is with Nicole.

And I hope you learn to love Vasa once you see more of her. She's the type of character that's always making mistakes and then makes bigger mistakes trying to fix them. She's fabulous. But happy to see you're catching on to Brooke quick. She is my everything right now. And Rachel is the queen of Shortland Street and probably the most iconic character ever on the show. If you should read anyone's wiki page, it's hers.

ZackMallory

i love shortland street but can't watch it regulary even through youtube or theempire bz where are all episodes from 2010 to 2013 right now..

Nicole is my fav character ever...so gorgeous

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Sarah, that hypocritical self righteous bitch, finally got some comeuppance today and it was amazing to watch. And you could tell Rachel felt such a sense of satisfaction firing her ass. Shortland Street just delivers, delivers, delivers.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

With TK even saying it, I'm glad we're supposed to think Sarah is an idiot. I hope she falls hard.

Bella has been so great for making me care about Josh. She is a miracle worker.

Harper continues to be a great new asset to the show. She totally redeemed herself today by giving Rachel the power to bring down Seth once and for all.

The best soap on TV! I can't say it enough.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · British Soap Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply