Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick's true motives revealed; Airs week of March 4
Topic Started: Feb 26 2013, 09:38 PM (10,988 Views)
Pookie
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 27 2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:

But Nick compared to EJ and Sami is pretty much an equal match of creepy, criminal, obessesive behavior.
That's it right there. Maybe it's because I haven't spent years watching this show. But I don't judge Will based on what his mother has done. Or EJ. And it seems like most people leaning towards Nick's side is mainly because they despise Sami and want HER to suffer. I realize Sami is full of cray, cray but not once did I think Will should suffer because of what she did. It's not fair on him.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Angelsmile
Feb 27 2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:

Nick murdering someone is not the most heinous crime anyone has ever committed. However, a murderer trying to take the legal and moral high ground because he went to jail is ridiculous especially considering he is committing a crime. Also, while the circumstances do not change what Will did, the circumstances do make the difference. Will's age and state of mind are a consideration in mitigating the crime and while kids can be tried as an adult that mostly occurs in heinous murder cases and that is not what this is. Most of the problem with Nick is what he is doing now as opposed to what he has done previously. As for the characters' reaction to Nick's past versus Will's past it make sense when you consider that Nick is incensed that Will has not had to pay for his crimes while at the same time he has taken steps to make sure that Gabi does not have to pay for hers.

PREACH!!! The utter hypocrisy that is Nick Fallon makes me hate his guts.

esp13
Member Avatar

Pookie
Feb 27 2013, 12:32 PM
Maybe the legal eagles can weigh in but I would suspect that Nick's ILLEGALLY obtained tape would be inadmissable in a court of law. He was stupid enough to not only to have a witness to his blackmail, the witness is the son of a lawyer. And I think a few have already stated that even if Will signs the papers, there is a waiting period of several months before the severing of parental rights can become finalized.

So, Nick the "genius" hasn't thought this whole thing through. Let alone the personal ramifications of pulling such a stunt. Will's 180 won't go unnoticed and will raise even more questions and problems for Nick. I mean does he HONESTLY think that people like Sami, EJ, Lucas, Sonny, Kate, Marlena are just going to roll over? Does he REALLY think people like Rafe, Gabi, Hope and Jennifer are not going to ask questions?

Will may be acting like a pussy right now. But Nick is acting like an egotistical moron who's building a house of cards that are guaranteed to fall all over him.
No. Illegally obtained evidence is only inadmissible if the government acted illegally in obtaining it. If Nick mailed the tape to the cops and they arrested Will on the basis of the tape, that tape is totally admissible.

Plus, you're assuming that the laws of real life apply in Salem which, of course, they don't. Sami blackmailed Lexie into changing medical tests and never served a day in jail for it, despite the fact she admitted the truth after Lexie blabbed. So no, I don't think Nick is overly worried about getting charged with blackmail.

But, I agree, he probably hasn't thought the whole thing through all the way in terms of how people will react. But that's what makes the story fun. And regardless of how many people ask questions, if Will doesn't fess up, there is nothing they can do about it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

esp13
Member Avatar

Angelsmile
esp13
Feb 27 2013, 11:58 AM
Pookie
Feb 27 2013, 11:52 AM
esp13
Feb 27 2013, 11:39 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well, there might be a way that Will, EJ and Lucas an get their legal ducks in a row and do just that. PLUS, Sonny is a witness to Nick's blackmail threat. There HAS to be a way to have Will confess and NOT get thrown into jail. He was a minor, he was coerced into not turning himself in by a parent and the man he shot has NO desire to press charges. There are SO many extenuating circumstances that at the minimum, he could just get probation and only be forced to stay in Salem.

Sure, there are extenuating circumstances. Attempted murder can get you up to life in prison. I'm sure the extenuating circumstances in Will's case could get him down to 2 years or so (about half of what Nick served for murdering a scumbag while addicted to pain pills).

I continue to find it hilarious that Nick murdering Trent is the most heinous crime anyone has ever committed, but Will shooting EJ is no worse than jaywalking.
Nick murdering someone is not the most heinous crime anyone has ever committed. However, a murderer trying to take the legal and moral high ground because he went to jail is ridiculous especially considering he is committing a crime. Also, while the circumstances do not change what Will did, the circumstances do make the difference. Will's age and state of mind are a consideration in mitigating the crime and while kids can be tried as an adult that mostly occurs in heinous murder cases and that is not what this is. Most of the problem with Nick is what he is doing now as opposed to what he has done previously. As for the characters' reaction to Nick's past versus Will's past it make sense when you consider that Nick is incensed that Will has not had to pay for his crimes while at the same time he has taken steps to make sure that Gabi does not have to pay for hers.
Sure, he's a hypocrit. But so is Will for pointing out that Nick is a convicted murderer while not facing the time for his crime. And so is the rest of Team Will in so many ways. There is plenty of hypocricy to go around. My only point is that one side is not better than the other. They all have numerous flaws. And while Will may have fewer, he's going to have to step up and take responsiblity for me to believe that he's somehow more deserving than any of the rest of them.

MericP
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Feb 27 2013, 11:43 AM
esp13
Feb 27 2013, 11:33 AM
Really? They let EJ raise a child despite how he has "acted" in the past. Sami gets to raise her children. Lexie did all sorts of bad things when she was trying to keep Zach, but she got to raise Theo. I realize Nick isn't the biological father, but since I don't believe that biology is everything, that doesn't much matter to me.

I'm with the poster above who said that if Nick was a homophobe, I'd be totally team Nick. And I like Will. But I hate Sami and it's hard to root for any scenario where I have to be on her side about anything. If Will stood up on his own and didn't let his mother influence him, I'd be much more likely to be completely on his side. As it is, the best I can hope for is that Nick gets taken down, Will tells Sami to take a hike, Gabi gets a brain, and Will and Gabi figure out how to co-parent their child.
Will needs to think about himself here and tell his mother to butt out. It's HIS child, not hers...and although she apparently means well, it still should be HIS fight to fight. I'd have much more respect for Will if he kicked up the crazy and didn't fear Nick on this....get advice from his parents but keep them at an arm's length when it comes to dealing with HIS child and the rights he has to said child. I just feel that they are writing Will as far too weak for my liking...never thought he'd grow up to be such a wuss.
I agree with alot of this post.

I think I would cringe if Sami really got involved - more so than she is now. I think right now is even too much involvement -shades of Kate. And I hated when Kate meddled.

I hate that Sami is meddling.

If will can't man up then he deserves to lose his kid.

Pookie
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 27 2013, 12:42 PM
Angelsmile
esp13
Feb 27 2013, 11:58 AM
Pookie
Feb 27 2013, 11:52 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Sure, there are extenuating circumstances. Attempted murder can get you up to life in prison. I'm sure the extenuating circumstances in Will's case could get him down to 2 years or so (about half of what Nick served for murdering a scumbag while addicted to pain pills).

I continue to find it hilarious that Nick murdering Trent is the most heinous crime anyone has ever committed, but Will shooting EJ is no worse than jaywalking.
Sure, he's a hypocrit. But so is Will for pointing out that Nick is a convicted murderer while not facing the time for his crime. And so is the rest of Team Will in so many ways. There is plenty of hypocricy to go around. My only point is that one side is not better than the other. They all have numerous flaws. And while Will may have fewer, he's going to have to step up and take responsiblity for me to believe that he's somehow more deserving than any of the rest of them.
Ummm..... I have YET to see WILL say anything about Nick's crimes in regards to custody. In fact, he's one of the few people in his life who was willing to look past Nick's criminal history and work out a joint custody agreement. It's everyone else that keeps throwing Nick's crimes in his face. Don't put that on Will.

And you're right, this is Salem. The writers are going to bend the rules to make sure they get the final outcome they want. And the way it's going right now, Will's got the moral upperhand on Nick. Nick is being written as unrootable, unsympathetic and unredeemable. The most likely scenario is that Nick will spend the next 6 months or so torturing poor Will. Until Nick get's his come uppance either in the form of him going back to jail or dying a horrible death because of the evil machinations he's set in motion.

Pookie
Member Avatar

esp13
Feb 27 2013, 12:39 PM
Pookie
Feb 27 2013, 12:32 PM
Maybe the legal eagles can weigh in but I would suspect that Nick's ILLEGALLY obtained tape would be inadmissable in a court of law. He was stupid enough to not only to have a witness to his blackmail, the witness is the son of a lawyer. And I think a few have already stated that even if Will signs the papers, there is a waiting period of several months before the severing of parental rights can become finalized.

So, Nick the "genius" hasn't thought this whole thing through. Let alone the personal ramifications of pulling such a stunt. Will's 180 won't go unnoticed and will raise even more questions and problems for Nick. I mean does he HONESTLY think that people like Sami, EJ, Lucas, Sonny, Kate, Marlena are just going to roll over? Does he REALLY think people like Rafe, Gabi, Hope and Jennifer are not going to ask questions?

Will may be acting like a pussy right now. But Nick is acting like an egotistical moron who's building a house of cards that are guaranteed to fall all over him.
whole thing through all the way in terms of how people will react. But that's what makes the story fun. And regardless of how many people ask questions, if Will doesn't fess up, there is nothing they can do about it.

As if that ever stopped anyone in this town. Nah, many people will poke around until they uncover the truth. Bank on it.
Edited by Pookie, Feb 27 2013, 01:09 PM.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

I DONT LIKE WILL he fight for nothing but yet he have everything, look how quick Sonny ent back to him and we all know he gonna end up with Gabi's brat. O the day that boy leave Salem God please i am praying!

BreakingDownTheWalls

Ilovecandy
Feb 27 2013, 04:34 PM
I DONT LIKE WILL he fight for nothing but yet he have everything, look how quick Sonny ent back to him and we all know he gonna end up with Gabi's brat. O the day that boy leave Salem God please i am praying!
All Will seems to care about is Sonny. He gave up his child to keep Sonny around. He was in so much despair because Sonny wouldn't talk to him anymore. You figure since Sonny went running back to him, Will would find his balls and try to fight for his child, but no.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Well damn. :o I thought Will finally grew some balls and was going to fight for his daughter. He was bonding with the baby, and now he's allowing
Nick to intimidate him?! :ermm: Lawd. He should have done whatever necessary to be in his child's life, even if he got his parents and EJ involved.
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 27 2013, 11:39 PM.

cajnej
Member Avatar

I think Will is scared, confused and does not know what to do. Nick apears to have Will right where he wants him and it is Will who is going to suffer for any things that happenned to Nick in jail.

I have never liked Nick but I pay tribute to the actor who is able to emote such dislike within me. The last actor to do that was Sarah Brown as Claudia Zaccarah on GH. Normally I just watch and do not feel strongly about "villians" but Nick is a bully, as well as being menacing and homophobic. All traits I cannot stand in real and reel life.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

BreakingDownTheWalls
Feb 27 2013, 11:10 PM
Ilovecandy
All Will seems to care about is Sonny. He gave up his child to keep Sonny around. He was in so much despair because Sonny wouldn't talk to him anymore. You figure since Sonny went running back to him, Will would find his balls and try to fight for his child, but no.
No, Will is selfish, I even dout he care for Sonny deeply his ass just dont wanna be alone, thats why he apparently give the child for him. i doubt he ask himself how is Sonny gonna feel about all this, all he was thinking wast "he gonna dump me and i am gonna be alone" While he tells others that he did what best for the child not only his selfish he a manipulative prick he tell people what they wanna hear, but yet he is so damn passive, all i want from this sho is a "who kill Will Storyline?"
I admit the only time he seemed to really care for Sonny feelings is after the wedding when he was looking for him even then he gotta threw in his selfish line " i gotta find out whats gonna happen with us"
Edited by Ilovecandy, Feb 28 2013, 09:20 AM.

zyona

Ilovecandy
Feb 28 2013, 09:15 AM
BreakingDownTheWalls
Feb 27 2013, 11:10 PM
Ilovecandy
No, Will is selfish, I even dout he care for Sonny deeply his ass just dont wanna be alone, thats why he apparently give the child for him. i doubt he ask himself how is Sonny gonna feel about all this, all he was thinking wast "he gonna dump me and i am gonna be alone" While he tells others that he did what best for the child not only his selfish he a manipulative prick he tell people what they wanna hear, but yet he is so damn passive, all i want from this sho is a "who kill Will Storyline?"
I admit the only time he seemed to really care for Sonny feelings is after the wedding when he was looking for him even then he gotta threw in his selfish line " i gotta find out whats gonna happen with us"
How is he selfish? What it is his options? if he doesn't give up his daughter he will be going to Jail. How can he fights when his freedom is at stake? By agreeing with Nick, he may be able to find a way to fight for his daughter.

camera shy

To me WIll always comes off stupid and confused and Sonny is far too classy and smart for him. And he needs to man up and fight his own battles and quite hiding behind his mommie's tight, so not size two skirt.

Ilovecandy
Member Avatar

camera shy
Feb 28 2013, 12:16 PM
To me WIll always comes off stupid and confused and Sonny is far too classy and smart for him. And he needs to man up and fight his own battles and quite hiding behind his mommie's tight, so not size two skirt.
AFUCKINGMEN! AMEN!

johnwalterseip
Member Avatar

After giving up for adoption or signing parental rights away this person has 6 months to change their mind

zyona

Even if a judgment is entered, he has 30 days in most states to file a motion to set aside. I think after he learns nick doesn't want him in his own daughter's life because he is gay will bring the beast in him or unless the writers keep writing for him like his 10.

dooldooldool

zyona
Feb 28 2013, 11:50 PM
.....unless the writers keep writing for him like his 10.
Well, he is barely 21 and few guys that age have their acts together. Add to that the tumultuous family life he has had and the sudden realization he likes d--- and not p----, it's not exactly unrealistic that he would behave out of sorts from time to time.

Oh, and its a soap opera. Where's the drama when everything goes smoothly?
Edited by dooldooldool, Mar 1 2013, 01:31 AM.

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Mar 1 2013, 01:31 AM
zyona
Well, he is barely 21 and few guys that age have their acts together. Add to that the tumultuous family life he has had and the sudden realization he likes d--- and not p----, it's not exactly unrealistic that he would behave out of sorts from time to time.

ITA. I've worked with college students for more than 20 years, and their maturity runs the gamut. Will and Sonny are living at two entirely different places in terms of their maturity. Will is a product of his unfortunate childhood, in which he was manipulated by his mother and pulled incessantly between she and his father. Sonny had a positive upbringing and is in a much more solid emotional state. I think that actually makes them a viable couple. Sonny wants to help Will become his own man.

I believe it's realistic that both Will and Sonny behave the way they do.

zyona

Renee Dimera
Mar 1 2013, 11:54 AM
dooldooldool
Mar 1 2013, 01:31 AM
zyona

ITA. I've worked with college students for more than 20 years, and their maturity runs the gamut. Will and Sonny are living at two entirely different places in terms of their maturity. Will is a product of his unfortunate childhood, in which he was manipulated by his mother and pulled incessantly between she and his father. Sonny had a positive upbringing and is in a much more solid emotional state. I think that actually makes them a viable couple. Sonny wants to help Will become his own man.

I believe it's realistic that both Will and Sonny behave the way they do.
I agree! Lets not forget he is 19 yrs old and I think Sonny is 22 or 23.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply