Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Nick's true motives revealed; Airs week of March 4
Topic Started: Feb 26 2013, 09:38 PM (11,140 Views)
Bellajewels

ladyofthelake
Mar 2 2013, 07:01 PM
shar_d
Mar 2 2013, 06:55 PM
Why hasnt anyone notified kate yet about this?
Kate's got her hands full. :makeout:
Probably not. Maybe one hand. Her new boy toys ego suggests that there's some major overcompensation going on. LOL
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Bellajewels
Mar 2 2013, 08:34 PM
ladyofthelake
Mar 2 2013, 06:20 PM
Bellajewels
Mar 2 2013, 02:25 AM
azrial1
Feb 27 2013, 06:56 AM
Will should've immediately gone to EJ over this Nick bull. Nick needs stopped and Gabi needs to open her stupid eyes.
Heck, he should have just taken advantage of the things that EJ put at his disposal like the lawyer. EJ was right there, without even having to be asked, ready to do whatever Will needed but because EJ is with Sami Will refused to even consider it.
Does the writing even reflect that EJ is a lawyer anymore? His race car driving days sure disappeared quickly.
Yeah, it does. It was mentioned on Friday when Nick had EJ look over the paperwork to make sure that everything checked out. The only reason that EJ didn't represent Will in this whole thing is because a) he's too close to the situation so there's a conflict of interest and b) he doesn't specialize in family law. But I think that he would have loved to be Will's attorney.
That has never stopped the writers from making dumb decisions in regards to lawyers and doctors having people close to them as clients. I don't think they take real life ethics into consideration much, or Dr. Strangetan's pants would be zipped a lot more.

tmjohn72
Member Avatar

Pookie
Feb 26 2013, 10:57 PM
I'm hoping that Nick acts like SUCH a douchebag and backs Will into a corner so severely that it finally unleashed the fire of of thousand Sami's, Lucas's and EJ's comibined in Will.
You forgot Kate. Heck, even Marlena could flip the heck out when it was necessary. I want Will to flip out so severely and become so ruthless to Nick that EJ, Kate, and Sami are forced to wonder what they did to him. :)

I would watch that show over and over...

tmjohn72
Member Avatar

I would prefer for Justin to be Will's lawyer, just because it will give the guy some time on my screen. I think EJ as his lawyer would be too strange, even for DOOL.

CarrieAustin06

Um, duhhhh Will! Unless EJ would be willing to testify that Will was the one who shot him - then you have no case. All EJ has to say in court is Lucas is the one who shot him, and it's done. Double Jeopardy attaches, so Lucas couldn't be retried. Besides, Lucas and Will's conversation is Hearsay at best, because Nick's background makes him an unreliable witness, not only because he's an adverse party in the custody suit for Will's child, but because of his former criminal activity. Also, they can't compel Sonny to testify, since he knows about a crime and didn't tell anyone, he could be arrested for obstructing justice. Therefore, it would be a violation of his 5th Amendment rights to self incrimination. Nick's case is a total joke and had Will even bothered to talk to Justin about it, he would have seen the problems.

I've been saying from the beginning, that EJ has to convince the Brady's that he's serious about Sami - the one way to do that is to get Will custody of his daughter.

Also, the custody papers were signed under duress. Will was compelled to sign the document.

Oh and at least Mickey isn't Will's lawyer, then he'd lose for sure!
Edited by CarrieAustin06, Mar 3 2013, 12:40 AM.

kelly777
Member Avatar

^^ Blackmailed and last I heard that was illegal!

Pookie
Member Avatar

CarrieAustin06
Mar 3 2013, 12:38 AM
Um, duhhhh Will! Unless EJ would be willing to testify that Will was the one who shot him - then you have no case. All EJ has to say in court is Lucas is the one who shot him, and it's done. Double Jeopardy attaches, so Lucas couldn't be retried. Besides, Lucas and Will's conversation is Hearsay at best, because Nick's background makes him an unreliable witness, not only because he's an adverse party in the custody suit for Will's child, but because of his former criminal activity. Also, they can't compel Sonny to testify, since he knows about a crime and didn't tell anyone, he could be arrested for obstructing justice. Therefore, it would be a violation of his 5th Amendment rights to self incrimination. Nick's case is a total joke and had Will even bothered to talk to Justin about it, he would have seen the problems.

I've been saying from the beginning, that EJ has to convince the Brady's that he's serious about Sami - the one way to do that is to get Will custody of his daughter.

Also, the custody papers were signed under duress. Will was compelled to sign the document.

Oh and at least Mickey isn't Will's lawyer, then he'd lose for sure!
Maybe that's why EJ said nothing and let it happen. Because he knew it wouldn't stand up in court. Maybe he called the lawyer he put on retainer to confirm that when he left the room. There are now 4 witnesses to the blackmail. And Nick threatened about a half a dozen people including Will.
Edited by Pookie, Mar 3 2013, 10:30 AM.

Floridagirl
Member Avatar

Was EJ Nick's lawyer in the murder trial? He said something in the Orlando interview that the last time he was in court Nick went to prison.

michr544125

tmjohn72
Mar 3 2013, 12:36 AM
I would prefer for Justin to be Will's lawyer, just because it will give the guy some time on my screen. I think EJ as his lawyer would be too strange, even for DOOL.
I am getting the feeling that EJ and Justin will team up to both represent Will. I think with how much Wally seems to be working he is going to be Will's attorney. But I can see EJ helping working alongside Justin. I'd love to see Justin and EJ team up. That one tweet way back from Wally about Justin helping EJ with legal stuff could mean they simply work together to represent Will.
Edited by michr544125, Mar 3 2013, 12:38 PM.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

How long has it been since Days has had a REALLY good courtroom battle?

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

As a Nick fan, I keep going back and forth on how I feel about this storyline. Blake owns his scenes and it was hard not to be even more impressed as he faced down all those characters on Friday. But the fact is I ALREADY KNEW THAT. I didn't need to see them turn him into this to prove it. Like watching him becoming a Melanie obsessed psychopath was painful enough.

*shakes it off* That said, I have to admit, if this was any other character than Nick, I'd say this storyline is probably the best one they've had in years. Even with my heart aching watching Nick this way, I'm enjoying all the scenes. I'm thrilled it's turned into such an umbrella story and as long as Daniel isn't suddenly tossed in I expect to continue watching with a mixture of awe/pain/excitement/heartbreak/love.

esp13
Member Avatar

Real life laws don't apply in Salem. They never have, they never will. The tape is admissible if the writers want it to be (and, in fact, it's admissible anyway). That's really all the evidence the police need. And if they need any more, the writers will dream it up.

cord08

am103
Mar 2 2013, 08:22 PM
I agree about Will, his wimpiness is starting to become very noticeable. How could the kid who blackmailed EJ DiMera last year allow himself to be bullied by his own cousin? He sure did a 180 in personality since then!

Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's the fact that Blake Berris came in and starting owning things, but Chandler Massey doesn't appear to be as into his character as he was this time last year. I could totally be wrong, but it just seems to me like CM is just forcing it these days, because Berris and Freddie Smith appear to be acting circles around him! Again, that could only be because Will is being written as such a wimp.
I think it's a bit of both. The writing for Will was much more dynamic under the previous writers, and CM had more to work with. On the other hand, I don't think CM is all that thrilled with the current writing for his character (remember that interview from last summer?), and is probably forcing it to some degree. Personally, I don't blame him because I don't like the writing for him either.

Blake is getting the best writing in this story, and he's rightfully having fun with it. Freddie is getting written for, period. That's more than could have been said last year.

Clodan77
Member Avatar

Can I first say... I don't get how a douchebag like NICK has any say to the baby anyways. I am so sick of him...I wish anything he did now will be a good reason for him to return to jail... I was sick of him when he was on and wanting Melanie and now I am sick of him with Gabi...please find someone better for Gabi... even if I hate her for what she did to Melanie and Chad
Edited by Clodan77, Mar 5 2013, 12:38 PM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Aren't the papers Will signed meaningless? I thought most states let parents change their minds about giving up their parental rights for a certain period of time after the baby is born.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

jwsel
Mar 5 2013, 09:52 PM
Aren't the papers Will signed meaningless? I thought most states let parents change their minds about giving up their parental rights for a certain period of time after the baby is born.
I hope you're right about this, Will can fight for the baby and his rights as the biological parent.
Edited by bellajewel, Mar 5 2013, 10:04 PM.

Pookie
Member Avatar

jwsel
Mar 5 2013, 09:52 PM
Yes, this is true.

But the Nick supporters (or are they Sami haters?) keep trying to say that this is Salem where "real life" laws don't apply. That may be true, but the way this story is going, I'm sure that WILL come into play soon because this story is far from over. And Will has to have something to start a custody battle with. Which is 99.9% sure going to happen. Especially if Will's balls finally drop and he hires Justin as his lawyer.

WGuyMd35

I wish Roman would get involved. Didn't he cover-up Nick's involvement in Willow's (The Hooker With A Heart Of Gold) death? All Roman has to do is reopen that case and Nick is back in jail. If I recall, Nick pushed her and she fell and hit her head and died. I can't remember why Roman covered it up - a favor to Chelsea?

Pookie
Member Avatar

WGuyMd35
Mar 8 2013, 06:36 PM
I wish Roman would get involved. Didn't he cover-up Nick's involvement in Willow's (The Hooker With A Heart Of Gold) death? All Roman has to do is reopen that case and Nick is back in jail. If I recall, Nick pushed her and she fell and hit her head and died. I can't remember why Roman covered it up - a favor to Chelsea?
Wait? WHAT!?

BUST HIS ASS, ROMAN!

lumifan4life85
Member Avatar

I'm so disgusted with this show, as if Ejami wasn't bad enough, they completely ruined Nick's character. I want Will, Lucas, and Sami to do some SCHEMING! He's a LUMI baby! Scheming is in his blood!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply