Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: Julie Marie Berman OUT!
Topic Started: Feb 26 2013, 11:20 PM (2,032 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Sorry, Lante fans, the rumors are true. Julie Marie Berman has opted to leave General Hospital. The role of Luke (Anthony Geary) and Laura's (Genie Francis) youngest offspring is being recast. While the popular Berman has been talking about exiting GH for some time, the news was actually broken earlier today by General Hospital Blog.

Source: DC
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

I will miss her so much on the show!! <3 :(:(:(

King of Hearts
Member Avatar

I'll miss her, but she haven't had an exciting storyline in quiet sometime and Lante weren't my favorite couple. I wonder how things would be if they had Officer Padilla come in between Lante like they had originally planned before RC/FV took over.

As for nu LuLu, I say either Stephanie Gatschet (ex:Madison, All My Children) or 3 time Emmy Winner Jennifer Landon (ex:Gwen, As The World Turns).

tylerbo20

maybe the actress who plays star will get it.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I'm not suprise. Her sl's were getting very boring and lame. I wish her the best of Luck!
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Feb 27 2013, 12:31 AM.

ohgreatone22
Member Avatar

Hooks
Feb 27 2013, 12:15 AM

As for nu LuLu, I say either Stephanie Gatschet (ex:Madison, All My Children) or 3 time Emmy Winner Jennifer Landon (ex:Gwen, As The World Turns).
Stephanie Gatschet would be great, since she already played Laura Wright's daughter on Guiding Light, and on GH, she would be Carly's cousin. I wonder if she would go to the online AMC though.

I'm going to miss Julie Marie Berman as Lulu, but she's had a good run and good for her for wanting to do other things.

LPS
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Chile, needs to get an education and retire from acting. KA is beyond bad.

I'll miss JMB. She's a good one.

lene
Member Avatar

I'll miss her and DZ together. They have amazing chemistry!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Awe,I will miss her,but good luck in the future.

Nate
Member Avatar

I'm REALLY sad by this news :( Ill really miss JMB!

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

tylerbo20
Oh dear GOD I hope not!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Just when I was starting to really get into Lulu for the first time. I'm glad they're recasting though. It would seem stupid to let Lulu leave Port Charles along with Berman now that Laura is back in town.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Stephanie Gatschet would be a good pick. I also like Natalie Hall (ex-Colby, AMC) if she doesn't return to AMC, or Jen Lilley (ex-Maxie) in the role. Jennifer Landon doesn't have the right look. GH said they are going for a similiar look.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

I really like JMB and am sorry to see her go (especially with the 50th anniversary festivities going on), but I support her trying for bigger and better things. Others have already said that if she wants to try to break into prime time, she's at 'now or never' time. I hope it works out for her. She's a strong actress and hasn't been given challenging or interesting material in a long time. The surrogate story could have been, but they decided to go in a much stupider direction with that. I'm intrigued by the rumors that Jen Lilley could now get the role, but it seems those are just rumors for the time being. It's no secret that I loved JL as Maxie and think she'd make a great Belle on DAYS, but I'm not sure if I can picture her as Lulu. Still, I think she's a talented actress so I'm more than open to it and I'd be happy to see her get the work.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Her current storyline is the first LuLu storyline I've enjoyed in the six or seven years she has been in the role.

So I am guess the NuLuLu is going to reap the benefits of this storyline the same way Davetta Sherwood did in the role of Lily Winters on Young and the Restless until Christel Khalil came back.

Would be cool as hell if they re-cast her with a brunette actress! Longtime fans will remember that for the longest time the role was played by twins Alysin and Kelli Griffith who had jet black hair. Of course this was when LuLu was about 5.

OliveAnn

Renegade_Killerbee
Feb 27 2013, 12:17 PM
Her current storyline is the first LuLu storyline I've enjoyed in the six or seven years she has been in the role.

So I am guess the NuLuLu is going to reap the benefits of this storyline the same way Davetta Sherwood did in the role of Lily Winters on Young and the Restless until Christel Khalil came back.

Would be cool as hell if they re-cast her with a brunette actress! Longtime fans will remember that for the longest time the role was played by twins Alysin and Kelli Griffith who had jet black hair. Of course this was when LuLu was about 5.
Wasn't Lulu played only by black-haired actresses all until JMB took over?

cscarly

she left when she choose dante over her family safety one thing choose dante over mommy liking him
but knowing carson and jarly protected her how she pay them back become turn coat while knowing they
wont hurt her because she m and m cousin

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Best wishes to JMB. I hope Jennifer Landon is the new recast.
Edited by bellajewel, Feb 27 2013, 10:36 PM.

cscarly

explain this one lulu been her lot longer than brenda was brenda so why lulu recasted and brenda not .

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

cscarly
Feb 28 2013, 11:48 PM
explain this one lulu been her lot longer than brenda was brenda so why lulu recasted and brenda not .
Because VM is the ONLY Brenda I will Accept :) ...seriously I couldn't imagine A Brenda recast..
Edited by EJ_SamiFF, Mar 1 2013, 12:04 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply