Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Video of the Q&A at Orlando DAYS event
Topic Started: Feb 26 2013, 11:49 PM (3,268 Views)
jam6242
Member Avatar

I didn't find Camila annoying. She's just young. Kate Mansi always seems more mature than her peers, no matter who they are. I wish Eric and Galen could inject some of their own personalities into their characters. I was very uncomfortable watching Peggy. I wish ME! had picked up that something was wrong and stopped asking her questions.

LOL!
Edited by jam6242, Feb 27 2013, 05:08 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LonePirate
Member Avatar

I gotta applaud Galen for commenting that Daniel should be disbarred due to the romancing all of his patients. I'm glad some of the actors hold opinions of the characters that are similar to the ones held by fans.

Vicky4Mimi

I always enjoy GG and EM they are so much fun and charming as all get out. John Anniston is a hoot and it's easy to see where his daughter Jennifer gets her quick wit. KM and CB are beautiful girls and I enjoyed CB's stories, she was very sweet with the 9 year old asking her they question. Ari is everything wonderful and I love love her. James was funny, I loved that he loved being Mayor since most of that time was spent with Nicole. He and Ari always to love being around each other and that showed. I have seen Shawn many times and he's alway the same, nice and can be interesting. Peggy did good, bless her. Casey...could have stayed home.

Vicky4Mimi

LonePirate
Feb 27 2013, 06:47 PM
I gotta applaud Galen for commenting that Daniel should be disbarred due to the romancing all of his patients. I'm glad some of the actors hold opinions of the characters that are similar to the ones held by fans.
OHH I forgot about that! haha Love it! What did GG call Daniel? Something funny, but forgot what it was.

shellyj

Vicky4Mimi
Feb 27 2013, 06:50 PM
LonePirate
Feb 27 2013, 06:47 PM
OHH I forgot about that! haha Love it! What did GG call Daniel? Something funny, but forgot what it was.
dr strangelove, i think

AFaithL

AZ cracked me up when she answered the question on what your spouse thinks of love scenes: "Well, my spouse is half naked on stage in Vegas. He gets it."

mer4santo
Member Avatar

JS: going on about digging ditches...
AZ: "well you're doing it now."

Favorite comment of the whole thing!

blueskies
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting, but it's obvious Peggy is having some hearing issues, I don't think she answered many people's questions she (almost) always answered something completely different.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dooldooldool

Thanks for posting this video. I wonder if the show/producers are the ones behind the push to put Peggy McCay out there as "star of the show". I've enjoyed her portrayal for years, but she clearly was not up for a public event with raucous crowds and soundstage issues. The saddest thing of all is the impression left by questioners. I really thought we had gotten to the point where folks called actors by their given names and not characters they play.
Edited by dooldooldool, Mar 1 2013, 01:37 AM.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

Those introductions - lol. And did the host introduce Daniel Jonas as "Daniel Jones"? Also, wrongly pronounced Stefano. I take it he's not a regular viewer? :P

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed it.

JessicaLeigh
Member Avatar

LOL @ Peggy. Whaaat.

lysie
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Mar 1 2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks for posting this video. I wonder if the show/producers are the ones behind the push to put Peggy McCay out there as "star of the show". I've enjoyed her portrayal for years, but she clearly was not up for a public event with raucous crowds and soundstage issues. The saddest thing of all is the impression left by questioners. I really thought we had gotten to the point where folks called actors by their given names and not characters they play.
I had no idea there was a push for her as star of the show coming from anywhere.

dooldooldool

lysie
Mar 1 2013, 07:49 AM
dooldooldool
Mar 1 2013, 01:35 AM
I had no idea there was a push for her as star of the show coming from anywhere.
1. Her inclusion in the Florida event.
2. Her submission as Lead Actress in the Daytime Emmys.

Either the producers are promoting her, has an extremely aggressive agent, or maybe some positive payback for all her years as union rep on the set. Don't get me wrong. Some of my most favorite DOOL memories are the years where her affair with Victor was revealed (ie Kimberly thinking she boinked her daddy and Bo nearly shooting Victor dead before the grand reveal). Those were years she was Emmy-worthy. But, for two decades she has been mostly wallpaper, lightyears behind the role that Alice Horton (and even Maggie Horton) played in storylines. Frances Reid held up extraordinarily well as she aged into her late 80s. Peggy seemingly not so much.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply