Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmy Pre-Nominations
Topic Started: Feb 27 2013, 12:01 PM (3,708 Views)
Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Why do some people insist on spelling Peggy McCay's last name 'M-C-K-A-Y" when it's not? The Official Emmy announcement and the DAYS credits always credit her as "Peggy McCay". Some of you guys have even misspelled her name. Do you think she doesn't know how to spell her own name lol?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OliveAnn

Kevin_Buchanan
Mar 1 2013, 06:02 PM
Why do some people insist on spelling Peggy McCay's last name 'M-C-K-A-Y" when it's not? The Official Emmy announcement and the DAYS credits always credit her as "Peggy McCay". Some of you guys have even misspelled her name. Do you think she doesn't know how to spell her own name lol?
It's an honest mistake, since most people spell 'Kay' alone with a K and not a C. Nothing personal against her.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I think Reynolds has a legitimate shot at a nomination...he has been nommed before in Supporting Actor for DAYS and Lead Actor before for GENERATIONS...he is viewed as a well respected veteran soap actor...he submits when he has strong material and I think voters will recognize that.

I hope I'm right...Reynolds was definitely top 5.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Mar 1 2013, 06:02 PM
It's because we're all such bitches and think we know everything. She's clearly a moron for not spelling it our way.

Seriously.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

MY PREDICTIONS:

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTRESS:
SHARON CASE, as Sharon Newman
The Young and the Restless, CBS

SUSAN FLANNERY, as Stephanie Forrester
The Bold and the Beautiful, CBS

FINOLA HUGHES, as Anna Devane
General Hospital, ABC

PEGGY McCAY, as Caroline Brady
Days of our Lives, NBC

MICHELLE STAFFORD, as Phyllis Summers Newman

OUTSTANDING LEAD ACTOR:
MAURICE BENARD, as Michael "Sonny" Corinthos, Jr.
General Hospital, ABC

PETER BERGMAN, as Jack Abbott

DOUG DAVIDSON, as Paul Williams

DON DIAMONT, as Bill Spencer, Jr.,

JASON THOMPSON , as Patrick Drake
General Hospital, ABC

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
JULIE MARIE BERMAN, as Lulu Spencer
General Hospital, ABC

MELISSA CLAIRE EGAN, as Chelsea Newman

NANCY LEE GRAHN, as Alexis Davis
General Hospital, ABC

ROBIN MATTSON, as Heather Webber
General Hospital, ABC

ARIANNE ZUCKER, as Nicole Walker
Days of our Lives, NBC

OUTSTANDING SUPPORTING ACTOR:
BRADFORD ANDERSON, as Damien Spinelli
General Hospital, ABC

BRYAN DaTTILO, as Lucas Horton
Days of our Lives, NBC

BILLY MILLER, as Billy Abbott

JAMES REYNOLDS, as Abe Carver
Days of our Lives, NBC

GREG VAUGHAN, as Eric Brady
Days of our Lives, NBC

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTRESS:
KRISTEN ALDERSON, as Starr Manning
General Hospital, ABC

CAMILA BANUS, as Gabi Hernandez
Days of our Lives, NBC

KATE MANSI, as Abigail Deveraux
Days of our Lives, NBC

KIM MATULA, as Hope Logan

LINDSEY MORGAN, as Kristina Corinthos Davis
General Hospital, ABC

OUTSTANDING YOUNGER ACTOR:
CASEY DEIDRICK, as Chad DiMera
Days of our Lives, NBC

CHAD DUELL, as Michael Corinthos
General Hospital, ABC

BRYTON JAMES, as Devon Hamilton Winters

CHANDLER MASSEY, as Will Horton
Days of our Lives, NBC

FREDDIE SMITH , as Sonny Kiriakis
Days of our Lives, NBC

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

General Hospital's Robin Mattson (Heather) deserves this award ... and yeah, maybe two or three other spare Emmy awards they have on hand.

I know, you guys are sick of my mad love for Mattson. The woman has been in daytime since 1977 -- some of you guys have parents that were NOT born yet -- and she so deserves an Emmy.

I use my own self picture as my avatar but I understand how some of my fellow fanboys use a pic of their queen and now I see why.

GOD BLESS THE QUEEN ... MY QUEEN IS BELOW, LOL
Posted Image

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

LOL I doubt she will win, but I am really hoping she gets a nomination and if she won I would be thrilled. She already has great material for next year too! The woman is just epic all of the time. Even when the material is so over the top I love how she shows a little hint of tenderness in Heather. It always gets to me and I can never get over how great she is. Todd and Heather are the real supercouple of all soaps right now so I hope that when Roger Howarth is back at GH, Heather Webber is coming back around. They're perfection together.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

In the Lead Actor categories, I hope Finola Hughes and Jason Thompson make the final cut and win. JT was phenomenal during Robin's death, and Finola has absolutely nailed every scene she has been in since rejoining the cast of GH. For Supporting Actress, I want both Ari Zucker and Robin Mattson to make the final cut, but am torn as to who I would want to win. RM has been awesome, especially in scenes with Howarth, but I have always felt that Ari is one of the best actresses Days has had in a long time. It has been a pleasure watching her grow into the role of Nicole and I would love to see her take home an Emmy. I hope Chandler, Freddie, and Chad make the final cut for Younger Actor.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply